New Phone and Switching Carrier--keeping data?

JAbrams72

Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
Are you referring to your apps and such? If so it does not matter. Just back up the old phone using iTunes and then restore to the new phone. All there is to it.

Apps as well as calendar, contacts, etc... the reason I'm wondering is because the help document on apple says this:
"This article explains how to replace your current iPhone with a newly purchased iPhone using the same carrier." (I've added the bolding)

support.apple.com/kb/HT2109

For some strange reason, this is posting at the beginning of the thread....

Last edited:

JAbrams72

Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
I'm in the UK, but don't think this is specific to that market. I'm upgrading phones to the 4S and at the same time switching carriers (from 02 to Three). The apple support document about transferring data from old to new phone only indicates that it works if you stay with the same carrier.

Is there a way to maintain all my data while switching carriers? Help! (I'm not planning on jailbreaking, if that matters)

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Are you referring to your apps and such? If so it does not matter. Just back up the old phone using iTunes and then restore to the new phone. All there is to it.

Joe McG

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
An iPhone is an iPhone. This is why Apple insists that carriers not be allowed to modify the OS at all. You can just backup your current iPhone, restore the new one, and restore as the backup of your old phone.

Hope this helps.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro