10-10-2011 06:47 PM
- I was not able to preorder the iPhone 4S, but really want to get on on release day. I'm on Verizon, is there anyway to get one still? Is Lining up at the Verizon store a good idea? The apple store? If so, how early would be a good time? Or am I just going to have to wait awhile? I appreciate any help, thanks so much!10-10-2011 01:03 AM
- What he said, lol. I wouldn't worry about it. I think they don't have the same stock issues that they had with the original iPhone 4.
Oh the memories. It took me 4 tries lining up at 5:30am outside the Apple store to get my iPhone 4 originally, and that was 3 MONTHS after it was released. Good times lol.10-10-2011 01:10 AM
- I'm in the same boat. I didn't preorder but I'm in southern california and have 4 apple stores somewhat nearby me so I'm going to the least busy one and waiting out. I have a friend that works there and said only 5 people "waited in line" early in the morning for the iPad 2 launch... So I'm not expecting it to be very busy.10-10-2011 01:56 AM
Last edited by MustangLife; 10-10-2011 at 03:46 AM.10-10-2011 02:02 AM
- 10-10-2011 02:48 AM
- I was under the impression that it is sold out based on the preorders. So, if I were to somehow come up with the money there is a chance I could get one for my son in-store on launch day? I'm sorry if I sound like a doofus but I really don't know these things, which is why I am asking so many questions10-10-2011 05:47 AM
- I was under the impression that it is sold out based on the preorders. So, if I were to somehow come up with the money there is a chance I could get one for my son in-store on launch day? I'm sorry if I sound like a doofus but I really don't know these things, which is why I am asking so many questions10-10-2011 06:13 AM
- ^stock for the in store sales is separate from the pre order sales. They are not sold out completely just with pre orders. Don't worry there will be plenty of stock at the stores. Just get there early like others have said. And if you can find a store that you know doesn't get crowded go there.10-10-2011 06:16 AM
- Thank you for your replies There may be hope for me yet! My son would be stunned if I were to come home with one on Friday Waiting in line would be worth it. I have approached family members to see if they could pitch in and help me get him one. He works so hard and knows things are difficult for us financially right now so he would never ask. He is a great son who will is well on his way to an academic scholarship and I would love to be able to surprise him!10-10-2011 06:23 AM
- I think Apple predicted this kind of hype pre-release. I forget the reports and articles that said they expected to sell 10 million iPhone 4S's (it was "iPhone 5" at the time), or something like that. Whatever the case, I think everyone will get their hands on one.10-10-2011 08:30 AM
- I would go to your local Verizon Store not a Apple Store...Verizon will have plenty of iPhones on release day..
With the iphone4 pre-orders were sold out even sooner and the stores still had plenty of phones and often no lines at all throughout the day..
I didn't pre-order (because I didn't see a need to)..so I will show up at my Verizon Store whenever they open...I actually called to see what time they opened and the guy said he'd write the order up and have the iPhone4S waiting for me...10-10-2011 09:48 AM
- I would still make sure that you get to a store early. Also, from my experience, the Apple Store has a LOT more stock than the carriers do right away. The iPhone 4S preorders topped a million within the first 24 hours, making it the quickest selling yet, so I wouldn't say for sure that the same stock issues couldn't occur. At Apple Stores around here a lot of people line up the night before starting around 8pm, some bring tents and camping chairs, etc. The bulk of people seem to arrive more around 3-4 AM and that's when the lines just get insanely long.10-10-2011 10:10 AM
- On Verizon launch day I went to the store around 2PM. I had called ahead and they said they had phones and were not that busy. I walked in, bought the phone, and canceled my pre-order. That phone had not even shipped yet even though it was launch day, and I had one of the first pre orders in. I live in a big city, and the store I went to was in the suburbs. Most of the people in the store were not even there for Iphone stuff. The staff was way glad to see me and gave me white glove service.10-10-2011 11:40 AM
- The carriers will most likely have their whole staff working on release day, thus not a lot of wait time. I think its crazy to go to the Apple Store to buy any iPhone on release day...I think those that do and camp out all night just do it for the "experience/fun"..kinda like going to the midnight showing of Harry Potter and dressing up or something similar..
There are so many options as to where to purchase an iPhone..Apple Store, Verizon, ATT, Sprint, Best Buy, Walmart....back in the day it was just the Apple Store and ATT stores...things have changed..10-10-2011 01:04 PM
- It might take longer at apple, but more than likely they'll have a lot of stock.
Carriers don't get as many as apple. I remember when I got the 3G and was there 4 hours before it opened. They had just gotten a shipment that morning for the white ones.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk10-10-2011 03:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD