Blackberry messaging

DomFeeney

Oct 12, 2008
Visit site
iMessage appears in the new iOS 5 software due to land next week.

It's an intelligent messaging app that handles IM via wifi or 3G complete with all of the IM bells and whistles like read receipts etc.

It also handles conventional SMS and will switch to this if you are a) not messaging a fellow iOS 5 imessage user or b) don't have wifi or 3G reception in your area but do have regular phone reception

One of the great features of this app is that it work across iPad and iPhone. Therefore when someone messages me from their iPhone it will deliver to both my iPhone 4 and iPad 2! Sweet eh! I can also have a conversation from my phone and continue it at home later on my iPad.

We will have to see how it pans out when it's launched but on paper at least it sounds ace.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=51.522676,-0.708449

zackawee27

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Is there anything on iPhone that is similar to Blackberry Instant Messaging? I'm thinking of switching but I love BB IM.

Yep, it's called iMessage, you can send messages to each other via iPhone to iPhone, or iPhone to iPad or iPod Touch or vise versa. You can see that when you're messaging someone using iMessage it shows little dots to tell you that the person is typing back/replying.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2