Sprint has me boiling over the iPhone 4S

glitchy74

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Friday morning I got out of bed at 2:00 am to order an iPhone 4S on Sprint. *For 90 straight minutes I tried on my PC and my iPad. *5 times I had gotten through to the point of logging in to pay for my purchase on Apple's site only to have their servers fail and have to start over. *Finally, I managed to get through on Sprint's site and when I got ready to submit the order our address was wrong. *I updated the address (which I had given to Sprint before), and submitted the order. *Failure, the bank thinks it might be fraud and blocks the charge.

I call the bank and chew on them a few minutes (since they did the same thing in June when I bought an iPad2). *Double checking that the updated address is still on the screen, I submit the order and finally it's accepted. *Sweet, I can print my order and go back to bed.

Oh crap! *The printed order says the phones are still going to the wrong address. *At the point I can't sleep, but can't also cannot find a way to fix it online nor talk to anyone at Sprint for two more *hours.

One minute after the support lines open I am talking to a sweet young lady named Samantha. *She assures me she will get the addressed changed and call me back when the warehouse opens to verify it's done. *Eight hours later still no call.

At this point the fun begins. *I spent over 5 hours straight talking to fourteen different people and spending lots of time on hold with Sprint. *I was disconnected on at least 30 calls before I even talked to someone. *All but the final call I made (involving 3 of the reps), were disconnected after many holds, transfers and waiting without any sort of resolution. *Every rep took a call back number in case we were disconnected, but not a single one ever called back. *The final call isn't even a sure resolution.

The only the Sprint will do for me is TRY to cancel my order. *The last reprentative put in the request, but told me they can't even guarantee it will work. *Not one of the 14 people I talked to can be resourceful enough to figure out how to get the address on an order changed when their system screwed it up in the first place.

Now I'm boiling. *In the best case they actually get the order cancelled and since pre order allotment is gone, I get to wait in line at a store or wait for more online stock. *What a reward for over eight hours of work already. *If the order doesn't cancel, some lucky people at our old address get our new phones, probably some personal info about us, and we're locked into 2 more years with our old phones (dead OS's) since Sprint has already updated our contract dates on top of being out over $600.

Up until now, I've loved Sprint. *However, I'm thinking a dumb phone on our old regional carrier is looking a lot better. *It would be really hard after 7-8 years with a smart phone, but at least they pretended to care about a customer.

CarrieMK

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I am really sorry this happened to you. I can't even begin to imagine how frustrated you must be. I can say, though, that all preorders I have been a part of have been problem-free. I hope your situation gets resolved soon. :)

Reactions: iPhoneEnthusiest

zackawee27

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Friday morning I got out of bed at 2:00 am to order an iPhone 4S on Sprint. *For 90 straight minutes I tried on my PC and my iPad. *5 times I had gotten through to the point of logging in to pay for my purchase on Apple's site only to have their servers fail and have to start over. *Finally, I managed to get through on Sprint's site and when I got ready to submit the order our address was wrong. *I updated the address (which I had given to Sprint before), and submitted the order. *Failure, the bank thinks it might be fraud and blocks the charge.

I call the bank and chew on them a few minutes (since they did the same thing in June when I bought an iPad2). *Double checking that the updated address is still on the screen, I submit the order and finally it's accepted. *Sweet, I can print my order and go back to bed.

Oh crap! *The printed order says the phones are still going to the wrong address. *At the point I can't sleep, but can't also cannot find a way to fix it online nor talk to anyone at Sprint for two more *hours.

One minute after the support lines open I am talking to a sweet young lady named Samantha. *She assures me she will get the addressed changed and call me back when the warehouse opens to verify it's done. *Eight hours later still no call.

At this point the fun begins. *I spent over 5 hours straight talking to fourteen different people and spending lots of time on hold with Sprint. *I was disconnected on at least 30 calls before I even talked to someone. *All but the final call I made (involving 3 of the reps), were disconnected after many holds, transfers and waiting without any sort of resolution. *Every rep took a call back number in case we were disconnected, but not a single one ever called back. *The final call isn't even a sure resolution.

The only the Sprint will do for me is TRY to cancel my order. *The last reprentative put in the request, but told me they can't even guarantee it will work. *Not one of the 14 people I talked to can be resourceful enough to figure out how to get the address on an order changed when their system screwed it up in the first place.

Now I'm boiling. *In the best case they actually get the order cancelled and since pre order allotment is gone, I get to wait in line at a store or wait for more online stock. *What a reward for over eight hours of work already. *If the order doesn't cancel, some lucky people at our old address get our new phones, probably some personal info about us, and we're locked into 2 more years with our old phones (dead OS's) since Sprint has already updated our contract dates on top of being out over $600.

Up until now, I've loved Sprint. *However, I'm thinking a dumb phone on our old regional carrier is looking a lot better. *It would be really hard after 7-8 years with a smart phone, but at least they pretended to care about a customer.

That is horrible, I have been on phones with Sprint for more than 3 hours, and I know how you feel. They say the same thing, and then they put you on hold for 30 minutes. And then they hang up. Trust me I've been their. So tell me, why didn't you just order it from Apple's website after you we're done talking to Sprint, the Apple servers seem to fix within an hour. :)

glitchy74

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Zach, my eligability is locked til 2013 since Sprint considers me upgraded now. I already tried ordering again from Apple.

Nanci, I have thought about that but don't want to be considered a creep,weirdo, or idiot or have to explain myself to law enforcement. I gave Sprint the right address on the order and before when I put a new card in the billing system last fall. So, why should I have to do so much to fix their mistakes?

boomhower1820

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
One of the many reasons I left sprint. I had a similar issue and needed to cancel my order due to the delivery address. Called Verizon, they canceled it, went to apple and immediately reordered. Had to call verizon back and have my address with them changed from my po box, again a painless process.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

zackawee27

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Zach, my eligability is locked til 2013 since Sprint considers me upgraded now. I already tried ordering again from Apple.

Nanci, I have thought about that but don't want to be considered a creep,weirdo, or idiot or have to explain myself to law enforcement. I gave Sprint the right address on the order and before when I put a new card in the billing system last fall. So, why should I have to do so much to fix their mistakes?

Oh, okay. I'm sorry. I hope this all works out, but it probably is a error in the Sprint system and it probably will send to you. We just have to wait and see.
Good luck!

Reactions: iPhoneEnthusiest

glitchy74

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Zack,

Nothing to be sorry about (unless it's a sympathetic sorry for my luck then I say thanks). I posted this to share a warning about Sprint and get ideas from ya'll. Warning is don't submit a Sprint order if the adress is not right on the screen, their system won't take changes entered then...

Reactions: zackawee27

verwon

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
If the orders do get cancelled, you will get your upgrades back and a cancellation of those contracts in a few days.

Mistress of Mischief

lennyj17

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
if the OP was trying to ship to an address other than the Billing Address that wont work, not on Sprint.com and they tell you up front before entering payment

Sprint%252520Billing.png

glitchy74

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Yes, that is why I enetered the correct address with the credit card. Usually, I consider the payment and billing address to be the same thing. Maybe that is not true? Since there was no other place to make an address changed, my only choice was to enter the correct address there. Note there is no indication that putting information in there will not update your billing address. Usually, companies don't collect much money if they expect the bill to paid from somewhere it's not being sent do they?

Additionally, as I mentioned before I know I have updated my address with them before when changing the credit card I use for automatic payment. I don't run a business or have kids at college, so I've never had multiple addresses on the account.

Fraud liability is why lots of sites only will let you ship to the address of your credit card. I've seen that note on many order forms that the credit card (payment address) must match the shipping address.

xlipstickandbruisesx

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Everytime I call Sprint this is the exact expereince I get. Sprint by far has the lowest IQ average for any company I have ever dealt with. If and when you decided to try and call them again request account services as soon as you get someone on the phone, when that employee asks why say I just want to be transfered so I don't have to go through the explanation again and I want to tell them in my own words so there is no miscommunication and they will transfer you. If by chance you get someone that doesn't know what to do then ask to speak with their supervisor.... it will be the only way you will accomplish anything though you will still probably be on the phone for awhile. Anyway I hope you can get the situation figured out and you won't have to wait a long amount of time and you should make them give you some type of bill credit for the hours of time you have wasted dealing with their incompetence.

Last edited:
Reactions: glitchy74

GigaS27

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I was able to call up and have them change the shipping address...not sure what the problem is...Sorry that happened.

Deu2e

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I had Sprint back in 2005...needless to say I had a bad experience with them which led to my choosing another carrier. I really hope this works out for the OP!

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Everytime I call Sprint this is the exact expereince I get. Sprint by far has the lowest IQ average for any company I have ever dealt with. If and when you decided to try and call them again request account services as soon as you get someone on the phone, when that employee asks why say I just want to be transfered so I don't have to go through the explanation again and I want to tell them in my own words so there is no miscommunication and they will transfer you. If by chance you get someone that doesn't know what to do then ask to speak with their supervisor.... it will be the only way you will accomplish anything though you will still probably be on the phone for awhile. Anyway I hope you can get the situation figured out and you won't have to wait a long amount of time and you should make them give you some type of bill credit for the hours of time you have wasted dealing with their incompetence.

Remember, it was Sprint's customer care department that was canceling customer's accounts who called their customer care department too often...

Sprint breaks up with high-maintenance customers | News Blogs - CNET News

In the interest of fairness, this happened over 4 years ago, but still, is that any way to run a company?

Last edited:

xlipstickandbruisesx

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
That's crazy!!! I do have to say there are always people that call for no reason and just want anything anything and everything but I only call when it's absolutely necessary (mainly for my sanity and time not for theirs haha) and when I do call I'm not rude or nasty 99.9% of the time but occasionally when I get somebody with a big attitude I'll give it right back and I always say I can give you 20x what you can on your best day on my worst day lol.

ivan1.ruiz

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Man o man that sounds so familiar! Wait I have called sprint several times and usually get the same run around. And you really don't want to speak to a supervisor because well I'll tell you how it works:

Sprint is very very very careful about their CSAT scores ( customer satisfaction scores) that is why at the en of the call most will ask you if they have resolved all your issues and some even tell you about a survey you might get and to please answer YES to question #5.

See every time you get transferred the csat score gets transferred to the last rep that speaks to you so If you ask to speak to a supervisor you will be transferred to a supervisor that gets the call at their desks and the survey stops there. Now supervisors cannot get CSAT scores so they can pretty much do whatever they want and tell you whatever And they don't have to worry about the survey they care about so much. So if you call sprint and you feel the tech is not too sure of resolving your issue I can almost guaranty you that you will be transferred.

Believe me their customer service was worse.

Good luck and hope you get your phones

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen