Apple Care

mjsavage

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
This will be my first iphone switching from Android. What is everyone's opinion on getting the $99 Apple Care. Is it worth it? Looking forward to getting my 4S next week!!

zackawee27

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
This will be my first iphone switching from Android. What is everyone's opinion on getting the $99 Apple Care. Is it worth it? Looking forward to getting my 4S next week!!

You're Apple iPhone 4S will come with a 1 year warranty and 1 year Phone Support. All Apple Care does, is give you another year of both plus it covers if you accidentally break you're phone. Is it worth it? I think not, because if you get a case (Small one, not a huge annoying one) you don't have to worry about breaking it.

Reactions: iPhoneEnthusiest

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
You're Apple iPhone 4S will come with a 1 year warranty and 1 year Phone Support. All Apple Care does, is give you another year of both plus it covers if you accidentally break you're phone. Is it worth it? I think not, because if you get a case (Small one, not a huge annoying one) you don't have to worry about breaking it.

Unless I'm mistaken, Apple Care still doesn't really cover accidental damage. They DID introduce [URL="https://www.apple.com/search/AppleCare-Protection-Plan-for-iPhone#mn_p]Apple Care+[/URL] this year, which offers to cover two incidents of damage but charges $49 each time on top of what you pay for Apple Care. So it adds up pretty quickly.

I've never had it and never had an issue...but it has come in handy for my wife, who isn't as careful with her phone (overnight in a puddle under her car; another went through the washing machine). So it's really a question of how you treat your phone, and bear in mind that you have a one year warranty even without Apple Care.

Finally: Apple Care+ has to be purchased when you buy your phone. Regular [URL="https://www.apple.com/search/AppleCare-Protection-Plan-for-iPhone#mn_p]Apple Care[/URL] can be purchased any time while you're still under your original one-year warranty. So if you're not sure if you want it, you can hold off until your included warranty is almost used up, then buy Apple Care in the 11th month if you feel like you want more coverage.

zackawee27

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Unless I'm mistaken, Apple Care still doesn't really cover accidental damage. They DID introduce [URL="https://www.apple.com/search/AppleCare-Protection-Plan-for-iPhone#mn_p]Apple Care+[/URL] this year, which offers to cover two incidents of damage but charges $49 each time on top of what you pay for Apple Care. So it adds up pretty quickly.

I've never had it and never had an issue...but it has come in handy for my wife, who isn't as careful with her phone (overnight in a puddle under her car; another went through the washing machine). So it's really a question of how you treat your phone, and bear in mind that you have a one year warranty even without Apple Care.

Finally: Apple Care+ has to be purchased when you buy your phone. Regular [URL="https://www.apple.com/search/AppleCare-Protection-Plan-for-iPhone#mn_p]Apple Care[/URL] can be purchased any time while you're still under your original one-year warranty. So if you're not sure if you want it, you can hold off until your included warranty is almost used up, then buy Apple Care in the 11th month if you feel like you want more coverage.

Oh yeah you're right. Apple Care doesn't cover accidental breakage only Applecare+ which is about 50$ more plus 49$ if you break it. :)

Reactions: iPhoneEnthusiest

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

That is not correct. The iPhone comes with a 1 year warranty and 90 days of phone support. You can purchase AppleCare for $99, which extends the warranty for 1 year (2 years total), and total of 2 years phone support. It also gives you up two incidents of "accidental damage coverage" at $49 per incident.

I got the notice/offer this morning from Apple"

Dear Apple Customer,

Thank you for your recent iPhone purchase at the Apple Online Store.

We would like to let you know that every iPhone comes with one year of
hardware repair coverage through its limited warranty and up to
90 days of complimentary support
. AppleCare+ for iPhone extends your
coverage to two years from the original purchase date of your iPhone
and adds up to two incidents of accidental damage coverage, each
subject to a $49 service fee.

We noticed you weren?t given the opportunity to add AppleCare+ to your
iPhone. If you would like to extend your coverage for only $99, please
reply to this email.

Thank you for shopping with Apple.

Sincerely,
Apple Online Store Team

Last edited:

zackawee27

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
That is not correct. The iPhone comes with a 1 year warranty and 90 days of phone support. You can purchase AppleCare for $99, which extends the warranty for 2 years (3 years total), and total of 3 years phone support. It also gives you up two incidents of "accidental damage coverage" at $49 per incident.

You mean AppleCare+?

epidoc

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
That is not correct. The iPhone comes with a 1 year warranty and 90 days of phone support. You can purchase AppleCare for $99, which extends the warranty for 2 years (3 years total), and total of 3 years phone support. It also gives you up two incidents of "accidental damage coverage" at $49 per incident.

IIRC the AppleCare+ extends the warranty to a total of two years of service and telephone support.

Last edited:

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

This all depends on the case and how the iPhone lands in a fall. I've seen damage to the back and front glass on the iPhone 4 as a result of being dropped. The iPhone 4 was in a case each time. Some cases are just a little better than others. But I still think it depends on how the phone lands. I've heard of people breaking the screen on their iPhone 4 while it was in a LifeProof case too.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.