Thought I'd wander down the pre-order path on VZW to see what landmines there are hidden along the way. One thing is that employee discounts will not be applied. Any others? Is there a NE2 discount? Doesn't look like it.
    10-08-2011 10:17 AM
    Thought I'd wander down the pre-order path on VZW to see what landmines there are hidden along the way. One thing is that employee discounts will not be applied. Any others? Is there a NE2 discount? Doesn't look like it.
    no discounts... it will be the prices as listed...
    10-08-2011 10:34 AM
    no discounts... it will be the prices as listed...
    No discounts... NO SALE.
    10-08-2011 10:41 AM
    Apple, is strict about no Carrier Apps, and no carrier customization. This is why Verizon, Sprint, or AT&T employee's don't get it at a discounted price.
    10-08-2011 10:51 AM
    No discounts... NO SALE.
    The discounts never were used towards iphones.
    10-08-2011 10:57 AM
    Apple, is strict about no Carrier Apps, and no carrier customization. This is why Verizon, Sprint, or AT&T employee's don't get it at a discounted price.
    Not sure what apps have to do with employee pricing... I can't speak for other carriers, but I am on an employee's plan through Sprint. The Nexus S 4G has no carrier apps and was eligible for employee discounts. Now, the question is what do you consider a discount? The pricing of the Advantage Club is usually either the contract pricing (but without the contract) or lower and you get a discounted monthly rate.
    10-08-2011 11:52 AM
    Not sure what apps have to do with employee pricing... I can't speak for other carriers, but I am on an employee's plan through Sprint. The Nexus S 4G has no carrier apps and was eligible for employee discounts. Now, the question is what do you consider a discount? The pricing of the Advantage Club is usually either the contract pricing (but without the contract) or lower and you get a discounted monthly rate.
    I meant, it has no carrier customization. Meaning all it gets is Sprint's branding and that's it. Besides this it is just like Apples unlocked iPhone 4S, Verizon's, and AT&T's.
    10-08-2011 11:59 AM
    I have a buddy who works for AT&T and they've never gotten discounts on iPhones that I know of, at least not during launch of a new one. But maybe after things have settled down. But I do know he can't get a discount on the 4S. I do believe, however, that they get discounts on their voice plans, but I don't think they get discounts on the data plan because it's one of those things that is specific to iPhone. Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

I would guess that the same pricing applies for employees regardless of their carrier, but again, I could be very wrong in my assumption.
    10-08-2011 12:06 PM
    I meant, it has no carrier customization. Meaning all it gets is Sprint's branding and that's it. Besides this it is just like Apples unlocked iPhone 4S, Verizon's, and AT&T's.
    Pretty sure there is no carrier branding.
    10-08-2011 12:09 PM
    I got my NE2 discount at verizon during the preorder. I paid only $149 at verizon for IP4S 16GB.

Sent using Tapatalk
    10-08-2011 12:29 PM
    I got my NE2 discount at verizon during the preorder. I paid only $149 at verizon for IP4S 16GB.

Sent using Tapatalk
    That is different than an employee discount though.
    10-08-2011 12:50 PM
    Pretty sure there is no carrier branding.

The top left corner of the phone.. It says Verizon or AT&T. That's what I mean by carrier branding.
    10-08-2011 02:17 PM
    That is different than an employee discount though.

Yes I agree that its not employee discount , I was just replying to question of NE2 discount by OP

Sent using Tapatalk
    10-08-2011 03:57 PM
    Yes I agree that its not employee discount , I was just replying to question of NE2 discount by OP

Sent using Tapatalk
    Oh, alright. Sorry for the confusion!
    10-08-2011 04:06 PM
    You should still be able to receive your employee discount on your bill. This same issue came up when they pre-ordered the iPhone 4. I & everyone else I know are still getting our monthly discount.
    10-08-2011 08:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD