When the iPhone 4 white was introduced early this year, the screen compared to the black iPhone 4 was not as vivid. I just checked them both again and the differences are staggering. The black iPhone produces a cleaner white and richer blacks. No effects on clarity.

Does anyone know if the iPhone 4s will have the same screen discrepancies? There has to be a reason for this.
    10-08-2011 08:55 AM
    When the iPhone 4 white was introduced early this year, the screen compared to the black iPhone 4 was not as vivid. I just checked them both again and the differences are staggering. The black iPhone produces a cleaner white and richer blacks. No effects on clarity.

Does anyone know if the iPhone 4s will have the same screen discrepancies? There has to be a reason for this.
    It could just be the way and angle they took the pictures, or it could be the white just makes the screen look a little different due to it being white and already so bright and the black being so dark and the screen being light.
    10-08-2011 09:04 AM
    I'm sure it's the same, but I think it just looks better on the black, because colors seem to pop out against a darker background.
    10-08-2011 07:22 PM
    Screen? lol...
    10-08-2011 07:24 PM
    This issue is the only hangup I have in getting a white iPhone.
    10-08-2011 08:37 PM
    I think it just appears that way because the black lets the screen stand out, there wouldn't be any actual difference in the screen between the 2 phones
    10-08-2011 08:39 PM
    it depends white is super bright and with retina display outside, the black would show if at better it would be slightly
    10-08-2011 09:21 PM
    The black just looks better simply put.
    10-08-2011 09:24 PM
    The black just looks better simply put.
    In your opinion, obviously not eveyone will agree and I am one of them but at least the have both options so everyone is happy
    10-08-2011 10:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD