Trade ins!

jproubique

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
For many of us there is the long wait. the time we spend nervously awaiting our new iPhone.
but for some there can be no wait! now if you are one of the few eligible for an upgrade now and want to trade your old iphone to help with the pains of apples latest opus there are a few walk in options on the table .
radioshack: radioshack has a fantastic trade-in program right now and the website as well as there many locations can give you an estimate on your old phone and depending on the condition of the phone and whether or not your trading in the charger as well they give you a fair deal! i suggest going in as the website cant look at your phone and say yep its in good condition. for instance...

store: iphone 4 no charger excellent condition- $208

less value yes but at the same time there is no wait for your trade in-store as soon as the associate appraised it he was ready to finish the upgrade and hand me my new phone!

another option is best buy. now if you bought your iphone there to begin with they sometimes offer uprade incentives just for those customers! if not they offer a trade and save option as well but you have to check the website first to see which location offers it for example there are two best buys in town close to where i live but neither offer the program the closest location is an hour away! worth the trip? maybe but there may be a radio shack closer! \

either way you have some more option on your plate! any other places like this would be great so post em if ya got em!!!!

radioshack.cexchange.com/
BestBuy.com Trade-in Center

zackawee27

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
For many of us there is the long wait. the time we spend nervously awaiting our new iPhone.
but for some there can be no wait! now if you are one of the few eligible for an upgrade now and want to trade your old iphone to help with the pains of apples latest opus there are a few walk in options on the table .
radioshack: radioshack has a fantastic trade-in program right now and the website as well as there many locations can give you an estimate on your old phone and depending on the condition of the phone and whether or not your trading in the charger as well they give you a fair deal! i suggest going in as the website cant look at your phone and say yep its in good condition. for instance...

store: iphone 4 no charger excellent condition- $208

less value yes but at the same time there is no wait for your trade in-store as soon as the associate appraised it he was ready to finish the upgrade and hand me my new phone!

another option is best buy. now if you bought your iphone there to begin with they sometimes offer uprade incentives just for those customers! if not they offer a trade and save option as well but you have to check the website first to see which location offers it for example there are two best buys in town close to where i live but neither offer the program the closest location is an hour away! worth the trip? maybe but there may be a radio shack closer! \

either way you have some more option on your plate! any other places like this would be great so post em if ya got em!!!!

radioshack.cexchange.com/
BestBuy.com Trade-in Center

Nice find, people should be able to trade back their iPhones to Apple for what they bought it for. It's only fair right? ;)

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I thought it said something about a apple store gift card or something like that. I check on a 3GS phone.

KC

Yeah, the site offered me $140 for my 32GB iPhone 4 because of slight scratches on the aluminum band near the connector. No thanks. I'm recycling it within the family.

tlo07

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
I am doing the trade in at Best Buy. I can go from my 16gb iPhone 4 to a 32 gb iPhone 4S with very little cashola. I hate their pre-order process though. I don't even know why they call it a pre-order because I was told up front that they will open at 8 am on the 14th and its first-come-first-serve and what ever is left over from Friday's shipment is what they will start filling pre-orders with which I think is totally f-ed up. I think the pre-orders should be filled first but whatever. I still have my iPhone 4 until I get my hands on the 4S so I guess a day or two extra won't kill me. I just think its weird. Anyway, I pre-ordered the 4S. I got a quote of $262 for my 4. They didn't want me to trade it in today, though, because they were worred if I switched my my daughter's old slider phone for a week I might be in danger of losing my unlimited data. I wasn't about to risk it. Besides being without an iphone for a week would suck.

CalifJewls

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I looked at all the "options" out there, buy backs, trade in's, Gazelle, etc..and found that selling to a private party using Craigslist was my best option. My iPhone4 in mint condition was worth more than any of those places were offering...sold my iPhone4 within a few hours for $450...(which is $150 more than I paid for it!)...

I sold it to someone who had lost their previous iPhone and just couldn't afford to pay $749 for a new iPhone and she said she knew when the new iPhone was announced she would find someone selling their iPhone4, and she was right!

I feel like I got top dollar for the following reasons:
  • It was ALWAYS in a case, thus no scratches, no dust under the screen, etc..
  • It ALWAYS had a screen protector on the front face, I know some owners don't the screen protectors but I always knew I would sell this iPhone to upgrade to the latest iPhone model.
  • I kept ALL ORIGINAL packaging, box, manual, etc..
  • I kept the ORIGINAL receipt to prove the date I purchased the iPhone..buyer knows they still have until March 2012 for the 1 year MFG Warranty..

Just thought I'd share...

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
I'm trying to sell mine as well.

If I can get $400-$450, I'll probably do it. Or swap for an iPad2.

Jimbos Jumbos

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site
Nice find, people should be able to trade back their iPhones to Apple for what they bought it for. It's only fair right? ;)

I hope that was sarcasm.

You want to used a device for 2 years, and when it is outdated, you want to give it back for all of your money? You are basically saying that you want the option to lease an iphone for free.

Not going to happen

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Craigslist Iphone4's can be sold at $300-$400 and 3GS's $160-$200. I just sold a 3GS 6 weeks ago for $180 on craigslist. Alot of normal people can't afford a contract or no contract Iphone4S etc from the stores.

Jimbos Jumbos

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site
I looked at all the "options" out there, buy backs, trade in's, Gazelle, etc..and found that selling to a private party using Craigslist was my best option. My iPhone4 in mint condition was worth more than any of those places were offering...sold my iPhone4 within a few hours for $450...(which is $150 more than I paid for it!)...

I sold it to someone who had lost their previous iPhone and just couldn't afford to pay $749 for a new iPhone and she said she knew when the new iPhone was announced she would find someone selling their iPhone4, and she was right!

I feel like I got top dollar for the following reasons:
  • It was ALWAYS in a case, thus no scratches, no dust under the screen, etc..
  • It ALWAYS had a screen protector on the front face, I know some owners don't the screen protectors but I always knew I would sell this iPhone to upgrade to the latest iPhone model.
  • I kept ALL ORIGINAL packaging, box, manual, etc..
  • I kept the ORIGINAL receipt to prove the date I purchased the iPhone..buyer knows they still have until March 2012 for the 1 year MFG Warranty..

Just thought I'd share...

where did you sell it? I have always used Ebay.

what did you sell? (size, color). did you include accessories? Was it jailbroken?

I have a 32gb, I am just hoping for $400

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I was able to sell my 3Gs in July for $220 on Craigslist which paid for the iPhone 4 and upgrade fee, but obviously now with the 4s I couldn't get that much. Best thing to do is put a higher price than what you expect and stick a "ONO" beside it. You'll be surprised at the amount of responses. That's one great thing about all Apple products - they keep their resale value really well.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
I hope that was sarcasm.

You want to used a device for 2 years, and when it is outdated, you want to give it back for all of your money? You are basically saying that you want the option to lease an iphone for free.

Not going to happen

And yet it happens all the time. I'm pretty confident i'll sell the iphone 4 for more than 299.

CalifJewls

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
where did you sell it? I have always used Ebay.

what did you sell? (size, color). did you include accessories? Was it jailbroken?

I have a 32gb, I am just hoping for $400

I sold my stock Verizon black 32GB iPhone4, with the original box, headphones, USB charging cord and plug.. I had my original receipt. I did not include anything other than what was in the original box because I'm keeping my accessories for my 4S....

I have read that people are getting anywhere from $300-$450 for their iPhone4's..

Good luck!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox