Frustrated and need to vent...

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I test all the mobile devices for my company and with that I was approved to get the iPhone4s. It will replace my iPhone4 that will go into the test pool.

So here is where my rant starts.

At 8am I go to the wireless team to order my phone, I didn't want to wait any longer in case they sell out. She gets all the info and places my order for a 16gb model in white. Shortly after I get my confirmation from ATT that my iPhone4 in white has been ordered. In that is where my frustration begins. Key in that email from ATT is "IPHONE4" not 4s!!!! She ordered me the iPhone4 in white instead of the iphone4s. So I am glad I notice the error and I contact the person who ordered it. She cant find anywhere on the ATT Premier portal to cancel the order so she emails our rep. They reply back and say they cant cancel the order but we can return the phone when we get it. SO.... If they ship the iPhone4 today I will have it Monday or Tuesday, quick turnaround and send it back to ATT they get it Wednesday or Thursday, see where this is going... Even if they still have them in stock there is no way I am getting it on release day. If, and that is a big if, they have them I will be lucky to see the new phone until the 18th.

Now I know you are thinking this is not a big deal, but at this point it is a matter of principle, one with the person here who screwed up and two with ATT not having a way for me to cancel a corporate order......

UUUGGGHHHHHHHH OK done with my rant and thank you for listening:mad:

Tl;DR Not getting my iPhone4s on launch day due to stupidity!

Last edited:

zackawee27

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
:eek:
I test all the mobile devices for my company and with that I was approved to get the iPhone4s. It will replace my iPhone4 that will go into the test pool.

So here is where my rant starts.

At 8am I go to the wireless team to order my phone, I didn't want to wait any longer incase they sell out. She gets all the info and places my order for a 16gb model in white. Shortly after I get my confirmation from ATT that my iPhone4 in white has been ordered. In that is where my frustration begins. Key in that email from ATT is "IPHONE4" not 4s!!!! She ordered me the iPhone4 in white instead of the iphone4s. So I am glad I notice the error and I contact the person who ordered it. She cant find anywhere on the ATT Premier portal to cancel the order so she emails our rep. They replay back and say they cant cancel the order but we can return the phone when we get it. SO.... If they ship the iPhone4 today I will have it Monday or Tuesday, quick turnaround and send it back to ATT they get it Wednesday or Thursday, see where this is going... Even if they still have them in stock there is no way I am getting it on release day. If, and that is a big if, they have them I will be lucky to see the new phone until the 18th.

Now I know you are thinking this is not a big deal, but at this point it is a matter of principle, one with the person here who screwed up and two with ATT not having a way for me to cancel a corporate order......

UUUGGGHHHHHHHH OK done with my rant and thank you for listening:mad: :)

Tl;DR Not getting my iPhone4s on launch day due to stupidity!

Hahaha, I would be mad too! Why don't you just go to an AT&T store to fix this problem?

bamf-hacker

Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
:eek:

Hahaha, I would be mad too! Why don't you just go to an AT&T store to fix this problem?

I cant, because until they process the return of the phone that was ordered the account wont be credited with the $$$ So if I go to the store then I would have to pay the full retail amount.

DougFNJ

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
That seriously stinks. Maybe call back and ask for a superviser? Someone has got to be able to fix that screw up due to a mistake.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Justified frustration my friend...unfortunately, the people we put in charge of many of these things are quite underpaid and most of the time, don't really care. Kind of goes back to the fast food ordering issue, how many times have you had an order completely screwed up by someone that, once you saw them, wasn't surprised anymore...

Reactions: bamf-hacker

zackawee27

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I cant, because until they process the return of the phone that was ordered the account wont be credited with the $$$ So if I go to the store then I would have to pay the full retail amount.

Oh, that really stinks. I'm sorry it looks like all you can do is email a corporate staff member or just wait it out. Good luck :)

bamf-hacker

Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
UPDATE:

The fiasco with my iPhone4s order got even more interesting today. I received the wrong, mistakenly ordered iPhone4 and brought it to the wireless team to send back. There was no return label, so they needed to reach out to the account rep. After a whole lot of back and forth emails it looks like I need to wait until the credit for the return gets posted to the account before the iPhone4s can be ordered. Here comes the kicker..... It could take up to 2 billing cycles for that to happen. That's right TWO months.

I have a better chance of winning one on TiPb than of getting one at work.

Aaaaarrrrrgggggghhhhhh

anon(4144202)

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I had something very similar happen with the iPhone 4 last year. I think when the 5 comes out I'm just gonna wait I'm line or just wait till I can just walk into a AT&T store and buy one. After all the iPhone releases and AT&T being the most "experienced" they cannot have a smooth pre order process.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
UPDATE:

The fiasco with my iPhone4s order got even more interesting today. I received the wrong, mistakenly ordered iPhone4 and brought it to the wireless team to send back. There was no return label, so they needed to reach out to the account rep. After a whole lot of back and forth emails it looks like I need to wait until the credit for the return gets posted to the account before the iPhone4s can be ordered. Here comes the kicker..... It could take up to 2 billing cycles for that to happen. That's right TWO months.

Aaaaarrrrrgggggghhhhhh

That's why I always go in store to get my phones in case something like this happens.

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
UPDATE:

Aaaaarrrrrgggggghhhhhh

Oh boy !!!! I really feel your pain, go and play the lottery... you might get lucky

Farmdreads

Apr 8, 2009
Visit site
Waaaaa (like a baby), I can't get a free iPhone 4S.

Sorry. Had to. I'd be frustrated too. You know what they say: if you want something done right....

bamf-hacker

Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
UPDATE............

Still no iPhone4s. The AT&T Premier site still hasn't updated my shipping info on my phone. We ordered Verizon and Sprint phones after mine and those have come in.

Now I just think AT&T is messing with me!.

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
UPDATE............

Still no iPhone4s. The AT&T Premier site still hasn't updated my shipping info on my phone. We ordered Verizon and Sprint phones after mine and those have come in.

Now I just think AT&T is messing with me!.

I am sorry to hear this... but to be clear you have ordered the 4s now right?