3.5 Inches: the right size?

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Just stumbled across this interesting take on why 3.5 inches is the right size for a handheld. Obviously not everyone will agree, but it does speak to Apple's focus on the user's end experience.

And if you don't follow the link, it's an article about one-handed use of touchscreen devices, with particular attention to the area covered by the thumb:

fourinches.png

mab4285

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I absolutely LOVE the design and size of my iPhone 4, and that's why I'm excited to get a iPhone 4S (contrary to all the haters out there...I'm switching back to Sprint.) I tried a Photon 4G. Worst experience I've had with a phone. I hated how large the screen was. I almost felt like I was talking on my iPad. Just horrible in my opinion.

zackawee27

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Just stumbled across this interesting take on why 3.5 inches is the right size for a handheld. Obviously not everyone will agree, but it does speak to Apple's focus on the user's end experience.

And if you don't follow the link, it's an article about one-handed use of touchscreen devices, with particular attention to the area covered by the thumb:

Click to view quoted image

Yeah, i had an EVO and it's SO hard to get out of you're pocket. I had so much trouble when i put it back in :( The iPhone's size is Perfect :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal