No Applecare offering on ATT?

zackawee27

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I am trying to buy mine on ATT.com but cannot find an option for Applecare...?

Did you check to see if Apple.com is selling some sort of Applecare? If not, you could contact ATT and see if you can buy it in store or over the phone, good luck :)

Netherscourge

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I saw the check box for it during the purchase on the screen with the accessories. It was a check box for $99.99 I believe.

EDIT - I got mine for AT&T through the Apple Online Store, not AT&T's website.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
It only shows me cases and chargers in the accessories screen. It has to be purchased at the same time, so it can't be an afterpurchase add-on.

ETA: ah, im on att's site. apple keeps trying to change my plan entirely.

zackawee27

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
It only shows me cases and chargers in the accessories screen. It has to be purchased at the same time, so it can't be an afterpurchase add-on.

ETA: ah, im on att's site. apple keeps trying to change my plan entirely.

Haha, its alright, just add the order from Apples site to you're at&t order :)

Netherscourge

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
One problem is that Apple's Order Status page is down. You can't check or modify anything right now.

It has that "We'll be back soon" message.

But when I placed my AT&T 4S order, I DID see the Applecare option there along with the other "optional" stuff during the process. But as I said, it was only on Apple's site. I didn't order through ATT.com.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Not AppleCare+. I pre-ordered on At&t's site and it wasn't there at all. Check out Apple's site which states it has to be added on at the time of purchase.

iPhone - AppleCare+ - Apple Store (U.S.)

They better make some exception for those who ordered fromi AT&T.

I spoke with a person at the Apple store locally...they said that both Apple Care plans can be added anytime within the first year of ownership, as has always been the case.

I'm assuming that now, when people come into the store with a cracked screen and ask if they will fix it under warranty, they'll simply say "We can, but you'll need to purchase the Apple Care + warranty first", and then go through the process at that time.

Reactions: mysimba97

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Well the kid I was talking to at the ATT store just called me at work to tell me that I need to buy online bec their supply is at the pickup on the 21st now.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I just realized that it also has a $49 service fee...combine that with the $99 cost of the plan, and you've just spent what it costs to have the screen replaced out of warranty anyways...lol.

MattMJB0188

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I spoke with a person at the Apple store locally...they said that both Apple Care plans can be added anytime within the first year of ownership, as has always been the case.

I'm assuming that now, when people come into the store with a cracked screen and ask if they will fix it under warranty, they'll simply say "We can, but you'll need to purchase the Apple Care + warranty first", and then go through the process at that time.

Apple's site says different...

"AppleCare+ must be purchased together with new covered equipment. See AppleCare+ Terms and Conditions for complete product details."

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Apple's site says different...

"AppleCare+ must be purchased together with new covered equipment. See AppleCare+ Terms and Conditions for complete product details."

I understand what it says...i read it clearly. I'm just letting you know what one of the employees told me, but honestly, employees have said things that are total BS, and the website has rules that Apple regularly ignores.

Not to mention what i posted above about the cost...lol.

MattMJB0188

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Well let's cross our fingers we can add it later on. I'm hoping Apple will curve on this. Like requiring that it be added the first month or something.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I can assure you...and guarantee you 100% that if there is an issue where people WANT to buy the Apple Care + plan, but are unable to during the purchase process, that Apple will extend the ability to do so to every person who buys an iPhone 4S.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Sound advice Sean. Not to mention the fact you don't need to buy this. Apple care that comes with phone is enough for me. Heck, my sister exchanged her iphone 4 like 10 times with it. Of course, she drops it like 10 times a day as well. IMO, you don't need insurance. If it comes to that, pay the out of warranty repair.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I bought it through Apple.com. I decided to just go for it this way. Im paying full price anyway.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site

I was told the exact opposite, that you cannot buy it anytime post purchase, it must be done at the same time, and so far Verizon isn't selling it and I don't see it from either Sprint or AT&T either. I am trying to get answers on how pre-order carrier (Verizon in my case) customers get it if they can't from the carrier.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR