Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 87
Like Tree27Likes
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    kilo720's Avatar
    iPhone Newbie

    Posts
    22 Posts
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts

    Default anybody worry about google nexus prime & ice cream sandwhich outshining the iphone4s?

    I amit all the feature of ios 5 look neat but I have a feeling Google "raise the stake" next wk
  2. #2  
    KCook3's Avatar
    iPhone Beginner

    Posts
    94 Posts
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts

    Default

    No, love my IPhone 3Gs, apple and Itunes makes it easy!!

    KC
    Thanked by:
    gmz73 (10-09-2011)
  3. #3  
    go88mph's Avatar
    iPhone Newbie

    Posts
    14 Posts
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    5 (soon)

    Default

    Even if the new ICS version of Android is as awesome as they say, it will still be 6 months before most phones (that is, those few phones that can get the upgrade) will see it...and by that time all the google folks will be talking about the next upgrade.
  4. #4  
    Alli's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    11,051 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,726 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.x

    Default

    There is a new great, amazing, awesome Android phone released every few weeks. The problem is, they rarely get updated. So as long as whatever comes out in 2 weeks is good enough to last you for the next howeverlonguntnilyoubuyanewphone, you're still better off with an iPhone - which will get any updates Apple puts out.

    Gotta say it...

    FRAGMENTATION
  5. #5  
    zackawee27's Avatar
    iMore Pro

    Posts
    506 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,004 Global Posts

    Default

    Google has no chance compaired to iOS it is to unstable. my EVO keeps restarting.
    Just remeber: If I helped you or you think my comment was funny, Thank me

    Rest in Peace STEVE JOBS
  6. #6  
    Guacho's Avatar
    iMore Expert

    Posts
    982 Posts

    Default

    I worry the ice cream sandwich will melt..
  7. #7  
    Guacho's Avatar
    iMore Expert

    Posts
    982 Posts

    Default

    Nothing beats Apple's customer service, my original ip4 was just replaced for a new one after 15 months of buying it, 3 months over warranty and no protection plan... Try that with and android...
    Jellotime91 likes this.
  8. #8  
    sabesh#WN's Avatar
    iPhone Nanite

    Posts
    3 Posts
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts

    Default

    I will be getting the Prime too, and use my 4s as a backup. Currently, I have a Samsung Galaxy S2, which has an outstanding camera. Will post some comparison shots from both cameras once I get my 4s.

    Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
  9. #9  
    lucasite's Avatar
    iPhone Newbie

    Posts
    46 Posts

    Default

    I switched from Iphone to Android a year ago, and have been regretting it ever since.
    It doesnt matter what sexy phone HTC or Nexus or Samsung bring out, bottomline: the android "experience" is nowhere near IOS.

    btw, its so bad, i use a custom rom on my android to mimic IOS!
  10. #10  
    pilsbury's Avatar
    iMore Pro

    Posts
    533 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,806 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    5.1.1

    Default

    I had the HTC Inspire for a month. Bought it using one of my upgrades. Had been using an u2 previous to that for 6 months. It was a good phone, but nowhere near as smooth as iOS. I had trible with freeze ups and the battery was only good for 4 hrs continual use as compared to 6-7 he's on my i4. Sold it, took the money and bought another i4. I will pre order the i4S today.
    iPhone 5
    iPad Mini
  11. #11  
    Scout_313's Avatar
    iPhone Intermediate

    Posts
    118 Posts
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    There is a new great, amazing, awesome Android phone released every few weeks. The problem is, they rarely get updated. So as long as whatever comes out in 2 weeks is good enough to last you for the next howeverlonguntnilyoubuyanewphone, you're still better off with an iPhone - which will get any updates Apple puts out.

    Gotta say it...

    FRAGMENTATION
    Keep in mind that the Nexus phones aren't running any manufacturer's skins over the top of Android so they see updates very frequently.
  12. #12  
    E Pow's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    304 Posts
    Global Posts
    438 Global Posts

    Default

    Too many phones coming out all the time. Too many different versions of software on all the Android phones. I'll stick with Apple who produces 1 phone a year and all the updates come out at the same time, not a separate update for the 3GS, then months later for the 4, and maybe an update for the 3G. I'm not a fan of the openness they allow with the APP market. My wife has an Android and every time she downloads an app she has to worry about some sort of Malware. I'll stick with Apple.
    Sports Dad

    iPhone 5 32GB At&t
    iPad2 white 16GB
    Macbook Pro
    Apple TV 2nd generation
    iquinn, John-Fox and w00dy like this.
  13. #13  
    zackawee27's Avatar
    iMore Pro

    Posts
    506 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,004 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pilsbury View Post
    I had the HTC Inspire for a month. Bought it using one of my upgrades. Had been using an u2 previous to that for 6 months. It was a good phone, but nowhere near as smooth as iOS. I had trible with freeze ups and the battery was only good for 4 hrs continual use as compared to 6-7 he's on my i4. Sold it, took the money and bought another i4. I will pre order the i4S today.
    Yeah, i know. HTC phones battery die really quick
  14. #14  
    nyc_rock's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    177 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,546 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    There is a new great, amazing, awesome Android phone released every few weeks. The problem is, they rarely get updated. So as long as whatever comes out in 2 weeks is good enough to last you for the next howeverlonguntnilyoubuyanewphone, you're still better off with an iPhone - which will get any updates Apple puts out.

    Gotta say it...

    FRAGMENTATION
    This is a google phone. Will get updates immidiatley.
  15. #15  
    SeanHRCC's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    9,172 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,174 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

    Default

    I'm not worried about any Android based phone "outshining" the iPhone...because i have no plans to buy one for personal use, and it does nothing for me...if it works well for someone else, even better than an iPhone would for that person, more power to them! I'd expect they'd feel the same way about the iPhone as well...

    I just can't understand why people would be "worried" or "jealous" about what another companies phone does...considering we all have the ability to purchase whatever phone we want...i mean it's not like we're stuck with Apple phones if we don't like or want them, so what would be the point in worrying? If it's better for you...go buy it!
    "Speed has never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson
    Thanked by:
    zackawee27 (10-07-2011)
    simplylaurakb and DrewBear like this.
  16. #16  
    Alli's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    11,051 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,726 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.x

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nyc_rock View Post
    This is a google phone. Will get updates immidiatley.
    Like the original? It's still on 2.what?
  17. #17  
    zackawee27's Avatar
    iMore Pro

    Posts
    506 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,004 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pilsbury View Post
    I had the HTC Inspire for a month. Bought it using one of my upgrades. Had been using an u2 previous to that for 6 months. It was a good phone, but nowhere near as smooth as iOS. I had trible with freeze ups and the battery was only good for 4 hrs continual use as compared to 6-7 he's on my i4. Sold it, took the money and bought another i4. I will pre order the i4S today.
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanHRCC View Post
    I'm not worried about any Android based phone "outshining" the iPhone...because i have no plans to buy one for personal use, and it does nothing for me...if it works well for someone else, even better than an iPhone would for that person, more power to them! I'd expect they'd feel the same way about the iPhone as well...

    I just can't understand why people would be "worried" or "jealous" about what another companies phone does...considering we all have the ability to purchase whatever phone we want...i mean it's not like we're stuck with Apple phones if we don't like or want them, so what would be the point in worrying? If it's better for you...go buy it!
    Agreed, I think iOS is personally better heck I prefer webOS over Android but, its all in preference
  18. #18  
    jd78's Avatar
    iPhone Newbie

    Posts
    28 Posts
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts

    Default

    The Nexus Prime announcement is being postponed...

    Samsung and Google postpone Ice Cream Sandwich and Galaxy Nexus -- Engadget
  19. #19  
    Netherscourge's Avatar
    iPhone Intermediate

    Posts
    100 Posts
    Global Posts
    224 Global Posts

    Default

    I considered waiting until next week to see the Nexus Prime reveal, but I'm so comfortable with iOS and my iPod Touch 4G that getting a iPhone 4S seemed a total no-brainer.

    Apple hasn't failed me yet, so I'm going to stay loyal a while.
  20. #20  
    Netherscourge's Avatar
    iPhone Intermediate

    Posts
    100 Posts
    Global Posts
    224 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jd78 View Post
    The Nexus Prime announcement is being postponed...

    Samsung and Google postpone Ice Cream Sandwich and Galaxy Nexus -- Engadget
    wow

    Well, if they don't announce something by Thanksgiving, they just handed the 2011 Holiday season to Apple.
  21. #21  
    sting7k's Avatar
    iMore Elite

    Posts
    2,732 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,577 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.0.2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kilo720 View Post
    I amit all the feature of ios 5 look neat but I have a feeling Google "raise the stake" next wk
    I have yet to even see a Nexus One or S out in the wild so why will this be different?
    digitalvapor#WP likes this.
  22. #22  
    simplylaurakb's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    121 Posts

    Default

    Nope, no worries. Whatever works for anyone else is fine. But I like Apple. Everything just works. And works together. I have an iPad 2 and Apple TV 2, and this will be my first iPhone (or smartphone of any kind). Oh - and an iPod Nano. Once I can finally dump my PC for an iMac, my little Apple ecosystem will be complete!
  23. #23  
    Premium1's Avatar
    iMore Elite

    Posts
    2,085 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,373 Global Posts

    Default

    I think ICS will add some nice things to android but it is more what do you want? The other OS's are always going to get updates and if you do not like one of them than you can switch to another. I don't think it will be groundbreaking but it will improve android alot in a similar way that new ios updates improve IOS.
  24. #24  
    Premium1's Avatar
    iMore Elite

    Posts
    2,085 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,373 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sting7k View Post
    I have yet to even see a Nexus One or S out in the wild so why will this be different?
    Because this time it will be on verizon lol.
  25. #25  
    buci1er's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    126 Posts
    Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    5

    Default

    The thing about Android vs iPhone and who outshines who is a silly comparison. They're two different phones for two different consumers. Most people who buy an Android phone don't typically even consider an iPhone and vice versa.

    The people who will get impacted the most are people who are upgrading to their first smartphone. This is where the "hype-train" comes in. If there are signs posted up all over the Verizon store about the "Prime" then the people who are looking at their first smartphone will probably get pushed that way. Unless salespeople push them another way....
    iPhone 4S - 64GB WHITE
    iPhone 4 - 32GB BLACK sn0wy
    iPhone 3GS -8GB BLACK
    iPad 2 16GB BLACK Wifi+AT&T
    May 2011 iMac 21.5 with 16GB DDR3
    Premium1 likes this.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions