Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By tekkshaman
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

8 Posts
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts

Arrow Some Tips for Verizon

My situation before the iPhone 4S order with Verizon:

My wife and I have unlimited data for 29.99 with Verizon
    She has an iPhone 4 and kept that unlimited data plan in the transition (it took a call on that order)
    We also have unlimited talk to any mobile and unlimited text messages for our whole family plan

I didn't want to lose any of the above, and so after I saw options asking about dropping a current global plan (I don't have one, lol) and asking me to pick a text plan (we already get unlimited) I called. The rep was very kind and assured me the main plan wouldn't change - her suggestions were the following...

Pick no extra text options - which wouldn't add anything to my plan
    Choose no global plan - you can add a sim card and plan later if you need to travel out of the US
    Keep my unlimited data - this was an option

The order confirmed and I have an email with the details now - a fairly easy process for verizon. I don't think they'd worked out the permutations on the plans and options well. She was experienced and told me that in the past for things like this there are usually options that let you choose to not add extras and as long as the main plan isn't changed one should be all ok.

I'll believe it when I see it in my hand, but my fingers are crossed. Best of luck to any who are ordering tonight. I ordered my 16GB Black 4S and can't wait to set it up.
    Tanker57 likes this.
    iPhone Newbie

22 Posts
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts

Glad to hear we can pick up the sim card later. I wasn't interested in adding a global plan and jacking up my current unlimited plan.
    I picked up the 32gb because you just never know with that damn HD video and cute kids to film.