Has anyone yet been able to upgrade an AT&T line to a 4S?

MarcGoldie

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I have been trying now for an hour and I can't get past the part where it checks to see if I'm eligible for an upgrade. I've tried the Apple site, AT&T, and the Apple Store app. All just to get a variety of errors.

chudinka

Feb 17, 2009
Visit site
Yes! I just did
Idk if it was related or not, but connected my iPhone to Wi-Fi made the app work faster and after A LOT of errors I finally placed an order
I upgraded a line from AT&T

ilwhana

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I pass that part once and saw a option to choose for data plan.
Because I saw unlimited data plan, I came here to check it. Now I have to start over
from begining, and I can't pass the checking the eligible. OTL

CrzyP

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
I can't...

There was a problem with your request.

P1234: We apologize for the inconvenience, but we are unable to support this request online. Please contact Premier Support at 1-866-499-8008 Monday to Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 9 p.m. Eastern Time for assistance with your request. Please reference Error P1234 if you speak to a representative about this error.

So pissed. I'm not even ordering the phone for me!

k_kjong

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I did just now! Try using the AT&T website. The process was pretty fast after 4-5 times the Apple website couldn't process my order.

MarcGoldie

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I can't...

There was a problem with your request.

P1234: We apologize for the inconvenience, but we are unable to support this request online. Please contact Premier Support at 1-866-499-8008 Monday to Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 9 p.m. Eastern Time for assistance with your request. Please reference Error P1234 if you speak to a representative about this error.

So pissed. I'm not even ordering the phone for me!

I keep getting this too on the AT&T site so I can't do it there...

robes1

May 31, 2009
Visit site
Just upgraded my iPhone 4 to a beautiful Black 4S on AT&T's site! Got my confirmation email already too! I'm ashamed of the Apple Site right now!!!:mad: But how mad can I really be with a confirmation email in my inbox?! I'm good!! :D

mat8823

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
try using internet explorer as your browser and go to att.com/iphone. i used that and it only took me a few minutes to order.

MarcGoldie

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Well I seem to have one reserved, I just hope it's for launch date.

I got this:

Dear Apple Customer,
Your iPhone has been reserved and your reservation number is:
We will email you at this address (@yahoo.com) when it?s time to complete your order. At that time, you will return to the Apple Store to confirm pricing and plan selection.
You may check the status of your reservation at any time by visiting buyiphone.apple.com/status
Thank you,
The Apple Store Team

tx76mike

May 25, 2004
Visit site
Completed mine on the iPhone App Store around 3:40am CT. Upgrade on AT&T. Took a while to get through, but finally did.

mperkel

Aug 20, 2009
Visit site
okay, finally managed to do it through ATT, I have a Premier account though, upgraded all 3 of my phones. Hope it worked!

I just hope they arrive next friday and not later b/c it wasnt apple.

pfry10

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

I got this:

Dear Apple Customer,
We will email you at this address (@yahoo.com) when it?s time to complete your order. At that time, you will return to the Apple Store to confirm pricing and plan selection.
You may check the status of your reservation at any time by visiting buyiphone.apple.com/status
Thank you,
The Apple Store Team

This happened to me too.

I was almost through an order when I had to select my data plan and I chose the unlimited (grandfathered plan) and it started processing then timed out.

Tried doing it again and again, but just kept receiving errors. AT&T site also just kept giving me same error messages as seen above.

Frustration!!

Neutrino

Banned
Jun 7, 2009
Visit site

I got this:

Dear Apple Customer,
Thank you,
The Apple Store Team

Same message for me. According to the FAQ at the bottom of the email, this message was due to communication issues with the carrier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nyc_rock

Sep 19, 2006
Visit site
I got a pop up that said I was going to have my unlimmited data plan removed. Anyone else? Obviously, I canceled the transaction.

pfry10

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I got my email from Apple saying I can now log back in and finish my order. It worked on the first attempt. Apple grabbed all my account info from AT&T and had my unlimited data plan all correct. Ordered the white 32gb and my confirmation is for a 10/14 delivery!

Nicely done Apple

pfry10

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I got a pop up that said I was going to have my unlimmited data plan removed. Anyone else? Obviously, I canceled the transaction.

I had the same scenario happened to me when I tried ordering through AT&T's site. I cancelled as well.

Last edited:

ebedoun

May 27, 2010
Visit site
I got my email from Apple saying I can now log back in and finish my order. It worked on the first attempt. Apple grabbed all my account info from AT&T and had my unlimited data plan all correct. Ordered the white 32gb and my confirmation is for a 10/14 delivery!

Nicely done Apple

Nicely done Apple is right.... I was confused at first, but it worked. I like that setup, since at&t was the issue...again with the auth process... apple found a way to manage that and make customers happy. I know I am.

I also still have unlimited data.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods