Has anyone yet been able to upgrade an AT&T line to a 4S?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Easy peasy...took like 5min. to get me and my wife's pre-ordered and set to go.

398820368.jpg

nyc_rock

Sep 19, 2006
Visit site
AT&T got rid of unlimited data a while ago, unless you kept you're plan. Maybe iPhone requires some kind of new plan?

After I canceled my order, I then started again on Apples web site. On there, I had the option to select my current unlimmited data plan. Not accusing anything here, but it seems a bit shady.

Netherscourge

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I just noticed that Apple's account pages are down. (For your Apple ID - tracking orders, order status, etc...)

Guess their site is getting hammered with 4S pre-orders.

MarcGoldie

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Well I went to bed for a few more hours, but my e-mail to complete my order came in at 5:45AM it turns out. I just got up around 8:30 and went though and completed the order for my new white 64GB iPhone 4S, to arrive on 10/14. I kept my Unlimited Data and splurged for the 2 years of AppleCare too...

After a nightmare of a start, the end process was fast and painless.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Well I went to bed for a few more hours, but my e-mail to complete my order came in at 5:45AM it turns out. I just got up around 8:30 and went though and completed the order for my new white 64GB iPhone 4S, to arrive on 10/14. I kept my Unlimited Data and splurged for the 2 years of AppleCare too...

After a nightmare of a start, the end process was fast and painless.

lol...if that's all you had to deal with and you thought it was a nightmare, this must be your first iPhone pre-order! :p

The 3G was seriously a cluster &^%$...

MarcGoldie

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
lol...if that's all you had to deal with and you thought it was a nightmare, this must be your first iPhone pre-order! :p

The 3G was seriously a cluster &^%$...

Yup, my first pre-order. I got my 3GS (my first iPhone) about two weeks after launch by going into a store and getting on a waiting list. So I guess I was lucky, lol!

CrzyP

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
I was able to order from AT&T after trying for 45 min between apple.com and AT&T. The phone is for my wife, and the confirmation e-mail has her old address and not our current one even though I entered my current one. I'm going to call AT&T today to clear it up. I hope their phone lines aren't clogged up.

MarcGoldie

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Drove by my local AT&T store (I have 2 close by actually) and at 9:15AM (45 minutes before opening) there were maybe 5 cars in the lot, no idea if any were employees. Maybe I should have just slept in and went over there this AM instead of my overnight party, but it was nice to "experience that" and interact with fellow fans on the forums here.

KCook3

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Drove by my local AT&T store (I have 2 close by actually) and at 9:15AM (45 minutes before opening) there were maybe 5 cars in the lot, no idea if any were employees. Maybe I should have just slept in and went over there this AM instead of my overnight party, but it was nice to "experience that" and interact with fellow fans on the forums here.

I was able to order mine online at ATT, got a email with in a few mins to order number!!

Left work at 630am and drove by the ATT, no line at all!!!

KC

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2