Blackberry 9930 OR Iphone4S?

jebulls

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I have the 9650 and I tried the 9930. 9930 def better than 9650. Poor battery life though and what sucks on the 9650 still sucks on 9930. I had it for one week and returned. Can't wait to have a 4s in my hands!

Reactions: mamahack

sprocket2107

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
These devices are on two completely different levels. If your life revolves around e-mail or heavy typing then the BlackBerry might be your best bet but, the iPhone can do everything BB's can do and they do it well and a hell of a lot faster. The iPhone doesn't and won't disappoint.

sjsplaty

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I currently carry a Blackberry Bold 9700 and I have an iPod Touch. I have been trying to figure out whether to get the 4S or a Torch 9810 to replace both devices. I am still on the fence, and change my mind by the minute. I had a Torch 9800, which I really liked, but I had to give it back when I changed jobs. It was a very good choice because it had just enough of both devices to make it a perfect compromise. Just about every app that I have on my ipod has a similar, if not same, counterpart on my blackberry. The few that don't, I can go to the respective mobile website for that functionality, or I don't need them. But here is something to consider: data flow. Blackberries use data compression, iphone does not. Therefore, your data bills will definitely be higher on the iPhone. Also, I travel internationally quite a bit, and while I can add international data to both phones for the trip, it is much more expensive than domestic data, and therefore, on the iPhone my roaming data bills will be tremendous. Still, it would be great to only have to carry one device, and nothing compares to that screen on the iPhone. And of course, email and texting is much easier on the Blackberry. Tough decision. Does anybody here do a lot of international travel that can shed some light on this predicament?

Last edited:

maverick96

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
I have been the proud owner of a BB 9650 for almost 2 years now and I just registered with TiPb to win the new Iphone. But I'm wanting to know which phone is better and why you feel that way! I really am torn between the two and have done some research on both but still am not sure which to choose? This new Iphone looks to be awesome but lacks the physical QWERTY that I've come to love! So please tell me what you think good or bad that I should know about the Iphone in general. :)

Not trying to be a dick, but it's hard to even take your question seriously. BB is pretty much both feet in the grave.

jscholz22

Jul 18, 2008
Visit site
I carry both a 9930 and a iPhone 4. BB for work and iPhone for personal. There is no comparison, iPhone blows the BB out of the water. I wish I didn't have to carry both and would love to just hold the iPhone.

No brainer......iPhone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xlipstickandbruisesx

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Not to be rude but this is kind of a ridiculous question to ask here as this is an Apple site, it would be the same as if you asked this on Crackberry in a thread for the BB you were wanting. Nobody here will tell you to get a BB over an iPhone. If you're a basic user whose needs are specifically text, email and/or for job security reasons you need the non-camera then you might think the BB is easier and a better choice but the virtual keyboard with the iPhone is wonderful and you probably won't be able to text or email any less effeciently on it than you would a BB. I'd say the only true reason to choose a BB over an iPhone would be the option of no camera for job reasons, everything else is personal preference. Good luck with whatever you choose :)

bcarruth62

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
I was a longtime Blackberry user (2 Curves and 2 Pearls) but the lack of innovation from RIM and the lack of useful apps produced for Blackberries drove me to the iPhone world and other than a brief venture with Android I've never looked back.

mamahack

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I used Blackberry 9900 for about a month until it wouldn't boot up anymore for some reason. Now I'm using a 3GS. I used a 9780, 9800 and 9000 prior to the 9900 so I'm pretty well-versed as far as Blackberrys are concerned. They keyboard on the 9900 is by far the best keyboard RIM has ever made. OS7, while similar to OS6, is much faster to navigate around, especially paired with the touchscreen. The only major complaint I had with the 9900 was the camera not having AF. Otherwise it was very fast (HSPA+ on ATT, GPS lock, navigating the OS), had no need for battery pulls, excellent keyboard, pretty much everything you'd want from a Blackberry.

Now having used a 3GS for a couple weeks now, what do I miss? The little red notification LED, the keyboard, the microUSB port, the form factor. I'm sure I can get used to the iPhone's form factor though. I definitely don't miss the lack of apps that I faced with owning a Blackberry though!

So are you saying BB or IOS? You comment on the very things I worry about missing the most!

mamahack

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
bb is good if you want a keyboard and want a phone for mainly just emailing. Storing music, web browsing, and overall ease of use make the iphone a better choice in that respect. It all depends what you want from the phone and whether you feel the need that you must have a keyboard or if you can and are willing to use a virtual keyboard. Not to mention the app selection for the iphone compared to the bb isn't even close. BB lacks most apps that are in ios so if you want to use alot of apps that could be a deciding factor.

I mainly do more of the later....my emails are personal only so I can live without them if I have better apps,music and web browsing! The physical keyboard is what I'm use to but willing to adapt for better phone overall!

mamahack

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I have the 9650 and I tried the 9930. 9930 def better than 9650. Poor battery life though and what sucks on the 9650 still sucks on 9930. I had it for one week and returned. Can't wait to have a 4s in my hands!

I'm starting to get the picture here....,REALLY I AM!!!!!

mamahack

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I currently carry a Blackberry Bold 9700 and I have an iPod Touch. I have been trying to figure out whether to get the 4S or a Torch 9810 to replace both devices. I am still on the fence, and change my mind by the minute. I had a Torch 9800, which I really liked, but I had to give it back when I changed jobs. It was a very good choice because it had just enough of both devices to make it a perfect compromise. Just about every app that I have on my ipod has a similar, if not same, counterpart on my blackberry. The few that don't, I can go to the respective mobile website for that functionality, or I don't need them. But here is something to consider: data flow. Blackberries use data compression, iphone does not. Therefore, your data bills will definitely be higher on the iPhone. Also, I travel internationally quite a bit, and while I can add international data to both phones for the trip, it is much more expensive than domestic data, and therefore, on the iPhone my roaming data bills will be tremendous. Still, it would be great to only have to carry one device, and nothing compares to that screen on the iPhone. And of course, email and texting is much easier on the Blackberry. Tough decision. Does anybody here do a lot of international travel that can shed some light on this predicament?

Though I respect your situation(International Traveler and all!) I am a stay at home Mom and our phone useage will differ substantually! I'm looking for real life situations-according to me anyways!! ;)

mamahack

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Not trying to be a dick, but it's hard to even take your question seriously. BB is pretty much both feet in the grave.

Dick or not many people still out there who think BB will out live an Iphone in the long run!!! Many people STILL prefer a BB over an Iphone just because of BBM and a Qwerty keyboard!! If you don't take my ? seriously....don't answer my ? just hit the back button!!

mamahack

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I carry both a 9930 and a iPhone 4. BB for work and iPhone for personal. There is no comparison, iPhone blows the BB out of the water. I wish I didn't have to carry both and would love to just hold the iPhone.

No brainer......iPhone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUO

So what you are saying is BB hands down for business and Iphone hands down for personal!?!

mamahack

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Yes I even bought it just cause it was such a leap for blackberry...returned it two days later. iPhone hands down, it's like this would you rather drive a go-kart or a corvette

UMMMM....I'm a well to do redneck stay at home Mom so....a go cart,4x4 or 4 wheeler is my choice any day over a Corvette BUT I get your point!!! ;)