After the 4S is pre-ordered and received, bring it to the Verizon store?

bkmac

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Am I better of bringing my 4S when I receive it to a local Verizon store for them to activate/transfer my #s over from my Blackberry, or am I better off/have to do it from my home on my own?

Last edited:

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
If you have the contacts saved via backup assistant I would go download that app from the apple store and then you can transfer your contacts that way. Also you can activate it by plugging it into itunes (atleast thats how i4 was) and then it will activate. You may need to do the *228

anon(39328)

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
Am I better of bringing my 4S when I receive to a local Verizon store for them to activate/transfer my #s over from my Blackberry, or do am I better off/have to do it from my home on my own?

You might investigate the possibility of exporting your Blackberry contacts to Google (assuming you have a Gmail address). If this is possible, then you can automatically get your Google contacts to sync to your iphone through itunes.

Reactions: RhonnieNYC

ivan1.ruiz

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
You can activate the phone without any computer need so no need or the store. Contacts just back them up to google. Good luck

"Think Different"
~ Steve Jobs ~

ivan1.ruiz

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Will my contacts transfer into my iphone from my gmail account?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I have a MacBook so what I did was get my google contacts from gmail.com and export them as a CSV file to my desktop. After that I imported the file to my contact book in my MacBook and I synch with my iTunes and there were all there. After that jut back them up to your iCloud and the iPhone will keep everything I. iCloud anyway it will even synch in the background on its own while connected to wifi

"Think Different"
~ Steve Jobs ~

gmz73

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
You might investigate the possibility of exporting your Blackberry contacts to Google (assuming you have a Gmail address). If this is possible, then you can automatically get your Google contacts to sync to your iphone through itunes.

That's exactly how I did it when I switched from blackberry to the iPhone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Am I better of bringing my 4S when I receive it to a local Verizon store for them to activate/transfer my #s over from my Blackberry, or am I better off/have to do it from my home on my own?

If you've been using the Blackberry Desktop Manager to sync it to your computer, all you'd have to do is set up your iPhone to sync to the same computer via iTunes.

Or if you've been OTA syncing the BB to gmail, you'd set up the iPhone to do the same.

Or if you're using an exchange mail server and OTA syncing to that, you'd set your iPhone up to access the same account as the BB and use the Exchange set up on the iPhone, and it will OTA sync as well.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner