- 11-09-2011, 09:53 AM #1826
- 11-09-2011, 10:57 AM #1827
I ordered 2 (32GBs, one white, one black) iPhones on October 29th over the phone from Verizon which was required due to a manager override needed on one of my lines (to replace my Droid Incredibles that were plagued by a bad Gingerbread update).
Was told over the phone that they would be shipped by 11/4; however the email notification I received stated the 11th as my ship by date... I'm hoping I'll get them before the 11th but I'm not counting on it.
- 11-09-2011, 11:31 AM #1828
- 11-09-2011, 12:42 PM #1829
- 11-09-2011, 05:01 PM #1830
- 11-09-2011, 05:45 PM #1831
- 11-09-2011, 07:06 PM #1832
- 11-10-2011, 10:20 AM #1833
Well, I too am impatiently waiting. Ordered white 16g iphone 4s Sat. 11/5 via AT&T online and, just like the rest of you, the order tracking shows my phone on backorder. When ordering, I was given the timeframe of 14-21 days but I'm obviously hoping for much sooner! Fingers crossed!
- 11-10-2011, 11:40 AM #1834
- 11-10-2011, 12:07 PM #1835
- 11-10-2011, 01:06 PM #1836
- 11-10-2011, 03:28 PM #1837
Well, progress has been made! I just checked and my phone is no longer showing on backorder!! Now I await tracking information!! I'm smitten with joy!
What are the chances it shows up tomorrow?? It will kill me if it's not able to be delivered until Monday...
- 11-10-2011, 09:48 PM #1838
- 11-10-2011, 11:11 PM #1839
- 11-10-2011, 11:48 PM #1840
- 11-11-2011, 12:42 AM #1841
- 11-11-2011, 06:22 AM #1842
Woke up to this email from Verizon:
Important information about your iPhone 4S order.
Congratulations and thank you for your iPhone 4S order. We know that you are
anxiously awaiting the arrival of your new phone.
Due to the volume of orders received, your phone may not be shipped as scheduled
on 11/11 and your order could be delayed. We will continue to keep you informed
with further updates including a new shipping date.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. We recognize that you
have a choice in wireless service and thank you for choosing Verizon Wireless.
- 11-11-2011, 09:43 AM #1843
- 11-11-2011, 10:00 AM #1844
- 11-11-2011, 10:28 AM #1845
- 11-11-2011, 04:59 PM #1846
- 11-11-2011, 05:17 PM #1847
- 11-11-2011, 07:20 PM #1848
Interesting twist. I did call around to all of the local VZW resellers (including Radio Shack) and no one had any stock. So, I (dreadfully) called Verizon to find out if they could get me an update on when my "delayed" iPhones will be here (1 black 32GB and 1 white 32GB for those who missed my first post). When I try to check my order status through the automated system, it says my order has been processed and I should have in 2 business days. Then, when I press 2 to get my tracking number, it said they show my phones have already been received and activated... WTF.
I switched over to actually speak to someone and they told me that, in order to do this override, they had to enter it into one system and then delete or convert it into another (whatever the hell that means) but he was showing that my cc info had been "processed" (even though it wasn't posted on my bank account yet) and I should have a tracking number this evening. They are supposed to call me back (which I have had no success with them doing lately) this evening with my tracking number...
- 11-11-2011, 07:21 PM #1849
- 11-12-2011, 07:11 AM #1850