Official iPhone 4S order tracking thread

jimmysuggs

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, apple is up. You can choose your phone, choose your carrier and then when you try to select "Add a new line to my existing account," you're immediately taken right back to the "Are you a new or existing AT&T wireless customer?" page. Select "add a new line" again- and you're right back to the "are you new or existing customer" page. Over and over until you take a hammer to your computer. I got my hopes up that apple actually had their act together. That was a bit of a mistake on my part.

foggylemon

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
All right, this is ridiculous. I'm "locked out" of my Sprint account on Apple, so I can't order that way. Sprint seems to be down for the night. I'll check back again in a few hours

Disappointing to say the least..

pb&J

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Apple site is trying to force me to get a new data/messaging plan. Do I have to do that? I thought I could keep my old plan...

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
Hmmm, it is asking me to select a data plan. I don't recall that last time I upgraded through Apple. Unlimited for $30 is an option, which is what I currently have.

cmconner156

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
So I went through the whole process in the Apple Store and now I have this message:

Your iPhone has been reserved.

Your reservation number is: XXXXXXX
We will email you at XXXXX.com when it's time to complete your order.
At that time, you can link back to the Apple Store to confirm eligibility and your iPhone voice, data and messaging plans.
You can then place your order, and your new iPhone will be shipped to your door.

So does this mean I have a reservation, or what?

jimmysuggs

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
Well now it allows me to get past the "add a new line" page and takes me to an "Check eligibility for adding a line to your account" page. Where you enter your data and hit send, only to be taken right back to the same page, with all the data you just entered gone. Enter it again, hit send again and it's gone again. Fun!

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Here's a major hint:

If you already have an iPhone, iPad or iPod, use the Apple Store app. It only took me 3 tries to get in. My AT&T Black 64GB iPhone 4S has been ordered!

bnob99

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Well if I try to order it from Apple, they are telling my account type is not support. I only have 3 Android phones on my account already so I don't see how my account isn't supported. Such bush league that these companies can't get their crap together.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Did it make you pick a new data/messaging plan?

It makes you confirm your data plan - I suppose that would be an opportunity to switch if you wanted to. Didn't lose my AT&T unlimited plan - but I knew it would let me keep it.

andrewmorrow

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Canadian store came up at 3:45. Got a few "Oops!" messages while ordering but finally got through. Black 64Gb and I have a screen cap of the confirmation!

tobearms

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
AT&T store finally works...placed order for two 64GB - One black, one white! Finally...only took an hour :confused:

Goodnight all and good luck!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2