- 10-07-2011, 03:00 AM #101
I am merging my wife's phone and my phone from our respective parents' family plans to a new plan for us on ATT. I have made it to the "Do you want to keep your number" page, but I have no idea what the account data is for these two accounts. If I pick "give me a new number" can I port my current number for free when I activate it?
- 10-07-2011, 03:01 AM #102
- 10-07-2011, 03:01 AM #103
- 10-07-2011, 03:01 AM #104iMore Beginner
- 82 Posts
I got this same email after I got through part of the process for the first of 2 I need to get. Everything is hung on the second.
If you managed to get to the status page, it actually tells you that you're getting that email because Apple couldn't contact the carrier to confirm your information.
- 10-07-2011, 03:02 AM #105
Well the app store app is just hanging and hanging, I expect it'll time out soon and I'll have to start the process all over again. The actual apple store tried to check my eligibility for an upgrade (which I am very eligible for) and finally came back with "We’re sorry, but there was an error processing your request. Please try again later." This is possibly because AT&T's crappy site is down.
All in all, this is extremely frustrating, Pretty much the exact wrong way to handle a pre order situation.
- 10-07-2011, 03:04 AM #106
- 10-07-2011, 03:05 AM #107
- 10-07-2011, 03:06 AM #108
- 10-07-2011, 03:08 AM #109
- 10-07-2011, 03:09 AM #110
- 10-07-2011, 03:10 AM #111
- 10-07-2011, 03:11 AM #112
- 10-07-2011, 03:11 AM #113iMore Intermediate
- 111 Posts
Argh! Got all the way to the end on Apple's site and got a "your request couldn't be process" because of high volume with a message to try again later This happened twice so far! I can't get past the "Processing information" step after picking my data plan.
Now I can't get past the are you a new or existing customer step.
- 10-07-2011, 03:11 AM #114
- 10-07-2011, 03:11 AM #115
- 10-07-2011, 03:11 AM #116
- 10-07-2011, 03:12 AM #117
- 10-07-2011, 03:13 AM #118
- 10-07-2011, 03:13 AM #119
Now the message through Apple is ....................
We are currently experiencing high volumes of iPhone orders and may require up to 1 minutes to access your AT&T account information. In order to maintain the priority of your order, please remain on this page.
Your request couldn’t be processed.
We’re sorry, but there was an error processing your request. Please try again later.
- 10-07-2011, 03:14 AM #120iMore Nanite
- 9 Posts
Got this email a little bit ago:
Your iPhone order is ready to complete. Please click here to return to Apple.com to complete your order.
In order to maintain the priority of your order, you will need to complete your order by Saturday, October 8, 5:00PM PDT.
In order to complete your order you will need to:
Confirm your iPhone pricing
Select a data plan
Choose where to get your new iPhone and check out
Your reservation number is X. If you have any issues completing your order, please call 1-800-MY-APPLE.
So I'm hoping that means that I have my phone:-) Assuming I login and complete my order which isn't working right now.
- 10-07-2011, 03:15 AM #121
Well I made it all the way to "please verify your account" on the app store app. Now it says "checking your eligibility and pricing." Why do I get the feeling I'm going to get an "unable to complete request" message very soon?
Oh wait, just got it. Now I'll keep trying and probably keep getting that same error message over and over.
- 10-07-2011, 03:16 AM #122
- 10-07-2011, 03:17 AM #123
- 10-07-2011, 03:18 AM #124
- 10-07-2011, 03:20 AM #125