- 10-11-2011, 05:14 PM #726iPhone Newbie
- 10 Posts
I asked her why this was being changed (and at first she said it wasn't a change, but the original plan) and she said it was because there was such a high demand for the phone. When I told her an increase in anticipated demand shouldn't change the ship date for orders she was confused. Am I incorrect in thinking that just because 1,000 people order a phone, but you only anticipated 500, you still ship the first 500 orders ASAP, and just tell the remaining 500 they have to wait? You wouldn't make all 1,000 people wait until you get enough to send them all out. Therefore, if my order was placed in time to receive it by the 14, I should be getting it then, regardless of the orders placed after me. Apparently, Verizon does not agree.
- 10-11-2011, 05:19 PM #727
- 10-11-2011, 05:32 PM #728
- 10-11-2011, 05:32 PM #729
Hmm this is a troubling development. Maybe this explains why the Verizon "Check your Order Status" website is not currently working for me. Oh well I am going to pretty drunk this weekend due to finishing a huge exam so maybe it is best that I don't have my brand new phone with me.
- 10-11-2011, 05:33 PM #730
- 10-11-2011, 05:39 PM #731
- 10-11-2011, 05:41 PM #732
- 10-11-2011, 05:52 PM #733
- 10-11-2011, 05:57 PM #734
- 10-11-2011, 06:01 PM #735
- 10-11-2011, 06:04 PM #736iPhone Nanite
- 4 Posts
I ordered from Verizon...I put in my preorder number and it says "will be shipped to arrive on 10/14/11. There has been no tracking number assigned yet..but there is a place for it! I am assuming that Verizon will ship overnight with Fedex...that is always how they have shipped in the past.
- 10-11-2011, 06:04 PM #737
- 10-11-2011, 06:05 PM #738
Long time lurker, first time poster.
I pre-ordered the iphone 4s last week also. I'm on Verizon network. When checking my status on the order screen I still get this
Status: Your pre-order will deliver by 10/14/2011
So I'm holding out hope I see it by Friday.
It's been entertaining to read 67 pages of this thread, can't wait to receive my new phone and upgrade from this blackberry.
- 10-11-2011, 06:06 PM #739
- 10-11-2011, 06:09 PM #740
- 10-11-2011, 06:10 PM #741iPhone Nanite
- 4 Posts
Last edited by simplysweet517; 10-11-2011 at 06:31 PM.
- 10-11-2011, 06:20 PM #742Banned
- 38 Posts
I placed my order through Apple; White 16GB 4S for Sprint and it says "Preparing for Shipment" however, none of the tricks work for me... I've tried absolutely EVERYTHING. Phone numbers, order numbers and nothing seems to work. Anyone who ordered a 16GB White for Sprint through Apple been able to get this trick to work?
- 10-11-2011, 06:21 PM #743iPhone Nanite
- 7 Posts
I have spoken with a Verizon rep just a short time ago. Afterba little bit of confusion, he stated that anyone who pre-ordered on the 7th before 6pm will have their orders shipped to arrive on the 14th. If you pre-ordered anytime after this, your order will not be shipped until on or after the 21st.
- 10-11-2011, 06:23 PM #744
- 10-11-2011, 06:28 PM #745
- 10-11-2011, 06:35 PM #746iPhone Newbie
- 24 Posts
If you get the server error, try using Order Status | Verizon Wireless, instead of clicking the link from your email. This worked for me as I was getting the error as well.
- 10-11-2011, 06:36 PM #747
- 10-11-2011, 06:39 PM #748iPhone Newbie
- 12 Posts
- 10-11-2011, 06:40 PM #749iPhone Newbie
- 23 Posts
Hi I'm new here and also to the whole iphone world so I pre-ordered a 4s 64gb in Black on 10/7 @ 5:07am Eastern time and i'm very much looking forward to this.Been a Sprint customer for a long time and always kept a HTC, well at last it happened!I'm very excited,now i'll just need to learn how this Apple device works..any tips, OR Video links would be much appreciated.
Last edited by Mac Protools; 10-11-2011 at 06:44 PM.
- 10-11-2011, 06:41 PM #750