- 10-10-2011, 11:06 AM #426
Ordered a Black 64GB and a Black 32GB from Sprint around 7:30am CST on 10/7. Currently the status still shows "Your order is being processed. If you have any questions, please contact a representative at your original point of purchase."
I really hope I get a tracking number today
- 10-10-2011, 11:12 AM #427
- 10-10-2011, 11:15 AM #428
VZW made it smooth sailing. Apple...not so much
After staying up until 3AM EST, and hitting refresh on my browser (Safari on MacBook Pro, even) for about 20 minutes with no luck at apple.com, I tried calling 1-800-MY APPLE and received the message "due to high call volume, we can not take your call at this time.". I then preceded to verizon's website where it took me less than 5 minutes to order and purchase my black 32GB iPhone 4s. I couldn't believe it! For me, Verizon was simply the vehicle that allowed me to use Apple's product, but I couldn't have gotten an iPhone without them! I couldn't believe what a let down the Apple experience was, and equally couldn't believe how easy it was to get it from Verizon!
Still an Apple fanboy though
- 10-10-2011, 11:16 AM #429
I reserved a white 32gb one, ended up getting through to the pre-ordering site at 2:55 AM on thursday night, idk how or why I got in so early, but I guess it was a glitch haha.
It's said that night, and still says today that they've "received my order and are processing it" and that the ship date is: Oct. 14, 2011.
- 10-10-2011, 11:20 AM #430
- 10-10-2011, 11:29 AM #431
I pre-ordered 2 Black 64GB iPhone 4S phones. My wife and I were both eligible for an upgrade. I did it via Verizon's website, not Apples, and did it around 4:15 AM ET. No issues whatsoever. Verizon even applied the last New Every Two discount ever to my wife's line. They are scheduled to arrive on the 14th as of this morning. First iPhone, since we were still under contract when the 4 arrived on Verizon and did not want to pay to break it. Cannot wait for Friday!
- 10-10-2011, 11:32 AM #432
- 10-10-2011, 11:32 AM #433
- 10-10-2011, 11:44 AM #434
- 10-10-2011, 11:45 AM #435
- 10-10-2011, 11:47 AM #436
- 10-10-2011, 11:53 AM #437
- 10-10-2011, 11:55 AM #438
- 10-10-2011, 11:58 AM #439iPhone Nanite
- 2 Posts
iPhone 4s Pre-order
Ordered Black 64 Gb phone on At&T through At&T. Web-site shows order "Processing" nad has done for last 3 days (ordered 10/7). No ship date other than a note saying it will ship on the day shown when initailly ordered (ship 10/14/11) or after! No t really helpful.
- 10-10-2011, 12:07 PM #440iMore Newbie
- 12 Posts
- 10-10-2011, 12:12 PM #441iPhone Newbie
- 27 Posts
Ordered 3 64G 4S (2 white and 1 black) units at 4:18 AM US CDT on the first day (Friday). Have received confirmation for all three. The two white ones are processing for shipping, the black one is backorder.
I used the AT&T Upgrade app and it worked well.
I ordered the black first and then the two white ones. The last order was the first one to move to processing. What gives? Am I going to watch my wife and daughter play with their new phones and have to wait a couple of more weeks for mine?
- 10-10-2011, 12:14 PM #442
- 10-10-2011, 12:28 PM #443
- 10-10-2011, 12:34 PM #444
Going from a 32GB 3GS to a Black 32GB 4S on AT&T (same carrier)... Ordering was a pain as Apple wouldn't process my order until 7:30am (various errors validating my existing phone, validating credit card, etc.) I'm assuming most were volume-related. AT&T validated my order, then Chase declined my card due to suspicious activity (probably all the queries against it from the attempts.) Finally Apple took my order and as of Monday @ 1:30pm eastern, it's still saying "preparing to ship", as it has for the past 36 hours.
- 10-10-2011, 12:36 PM #445
I guess I ordered early enough to be in the first shipment! I am curious, for those of us that have received tracking number, it looks like we all ordered directly from Apple; maybe ours are already shipped because they are coming from China. Maybe AT&T, Verizon and Sprint already have theirs in inventory, so those are already here in the states and don't have to be shipped today. Any chance that is correct? Has anyone ordered from the cell phone carriers received notice that their phone has shipped? Or are all phone being shipped by Apple no matter where you ordered from?
I did order from Apple at 3:45am EST, moments after their site finally when live, so I am not surprised my is arriving Friday.
- 10-10-2011, 12:56 PM #446
Status of my order: Canceled. I have had my first truly bad experience with AT&T and I will say that I am very disappointed. Here's what happened:
- I preordered my 4S on Saturday the 8th. I wanted to wait a day to see if it was all going to be really worth it. I knew that meant my order would probably be delayed, but was fine with that.
- I had recently changed my billing address via AT&T's website because I recently moved. But when I placed my order, for some reason, it told me my phone was going to be shipped to my old address. I immediately called AT&T, but they told me there was nothing they could do on the weekend and I had to call their "premier" number on Monday. I never received any email confirming my order, which I thought was strange.
- Today (Monday), I spent close to 2 hours on the phone with various people at AT&T. The first rep I spoke with had the IQ of a brick. Sorry, but it's true. She just could not understand what I was asking (specifically, to which address would my phone be shipped and, if they can't tell me that, can I just have it shipped to my local AT&T store?). She kept making mistakes and constantly mentioned something about their "back end" department. She then said my phone was going to arrive on the 14th, which I knew wasn't true because I had not placed my order on the 7th. After going around in circles with her, I asked for a supervisor.
- The "supervisor" was only slightly more helpful and could not say definitively to where my phone was being shipped. She could not change the shipping so that the phone would be held at my local AT&T store, for what reason, I don't know. She too could not really confirm to which address my phone would be shipped, my old address or my new one.
At the end of all this, I finally got so fed up that I canceled my order. The reps I spoke with were horrible. I was constantly being placed on hold and they seemed unable to do anything (update my billing address again, have the phone shipped to my local AT&T store, etc).
So, I think for now I'm just going to wait. I may upgrade, I may not. To be honest, this experience has left little to be desired. I've always been very happy with AT&T, and I'm hoping this is an isolated experience. Between my iPhone purchases and monthly cell bills, I give them A LOT of business (as I'm sure most of us do).
- 10-10-2011, 12:57 PM #447
I remember hearing that with the iPhone 4 some people got their phones a day early. Does this ring a bell with anybody? I sure hope it is the case. Thursday is lightyears ahead of Friday. Luckily Wednesday is before any of those and that is when we get iOS 5 (and the day that I will be winning my free iPhone 4S from tIpb! Oh what a great day that will be!)
- 10-10-2011, 12:59 PM #448
- 10-10-2011, 01:00 PM #449
- 10-10-2011, 01:01 PM #450
I ordered a total of four phones on the 7th: Two from the Apple store for AT&T (16GB White, 64GB Black), one from AT&T (64GB Black), and one from Sprint (32GB White). So far only the Sprint order has a tracking number, though no tracking information is available yet. The Apple store items are listed as "Processing Items" and the AT&T item is listed as "In Progress, Pending Shipment."
Last edited by SmirkingRevenge; 10-10-2011 at 01:11 PM.