- 10-07-2011, 02:51 PM #251
- 10-07-2011, 03:08 PM #252
- 10-07-2011, 03:08 PM #253iPhone Newbie
- 20 Posts
Buy Applecare later at physical store
Just got off the phone with Apple because your message was concerning. Although you cannot add Applecare later to a web order even if they didn't offer it, you can go in to a store and buy it later - I always do because the lame web store charges tax on a service, which is wrong - at least here in California. The last time I ordered a phone through the web store I regretted it, but all day in line was too much to repeat this year. I hope it goes better.
- 10-07-2011, 03:22 PM #254
- 10-07-2011, 03:33 PM #255
- 10-07-2011, 03:47 PM #256
- 10-07-2011, 03:49 PM #257
So I ordered this morning and they charged my card and all. Ordered from Apple 1 black 64gb and 1 black 16gb. I was expecting to get the option to pickup in store, but it never came. So both my phones say standard shipping 5 to 7 days I think. Shipping on the 14th that really sucks. Anyone tried to change they're shipping?
- 10-07-2011, 04:02 PM #258
- 10-07-2011, 04:32 PM #259iPhone Newbie
- 17 Posts
Last night: Pre-ordered iPhone 4S White 16G with Verizon. Got the confirmation email with in minutes. The process was smooth.
Today: Use the "Order Number" to check my order status. NOTE to Verizon users, the "Order Number" in your confirmation email will NOT get you a status, it will give you an error message. You have to use the "Preorder Confirmation" number to check your status.
My status is currently "We received your order and it is in process"
- 10-07-2011, 04:43 PM #260
I do not have an iPhone 4. The picture of the iPhone 4S seems to indicate a small difference on the face, a third hole above the screen and the metal side has cuts in different areas.
This indicates to me that the iPhone 4 cases might not work with the iPhone 4S.
Does anyone know yet?
- 10-07-2011, 04:47 PM #261
- 10-07-2011, 04:49 PM #262
- 10-07-2011, 04:52 PM #263iMore Intermediate
- 105 Posts
I ordered the 4s this morning around 6:30 from Apple. Received email confirmation, acct has been charged and status is processing. States delivers on Oct 14. Tried ordering first from AT&T but box came up telling me some things would be changed on plan. Don't want to lose unlimited data. My son is very happy!!
- 10-07-2011, 04:57 PM #264
- 10-07-2011, 05:08 PM #265
- 10-07-2011, 05:42 PM #266
- 10-07-2011, 06:05 PM #267
- 10-07-2011, 06:07 PM #268
I'm feeling wishy washy today I guess. Changed my mind and cancelled my white and reordered in black. Still showing delivery on the 14th. Either the minimal changes allowed them to boost up production or the preorders have been lackluster. It will be interesting to see the sales numbers. I was also able to order AppleCare+ this time so that was a bit of a relief as well.
Last edited by boomhower; 10-07-2011 at 06:29 PM.
- 10-07-2011, 06:31 PM #269iPhone Intermediate
- 137 Posts
- 10-07-2011, 07:18 PM #270
- 10-07-2011, 07:32 PM #271
- 10-07-2011, 08:21 PM #272
- 10-07-2011, 08:35 PM #273
- 10-07-2011, 08:40 PM #274
- 10-07-2011, 08:41 PM #275