WebOS to IOS--how does this work?

Rolo&Brinkley

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
With sadness, I am leaving WebOS and buying an iPhone 4S next week. I know I will enjoy it as my son has been part of your community for years. I need to know how I will be able to transfer my contacts AND many calendars over to the new device from a Palm Pre. I use a Palm Profile calendar, many Google calendars and others.

I appreciate any input and look forward to your posts.

Bias X

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I've switched between webOS and iOS at least a year now. Not a hard transfer at all.
You'll miss the gesture area that's all I can say haha.
Welcome to iOS :)

mc511#CB

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Ah if you have your calenders uploaded on google or something like, you can easily get them synced to your ios device. Google has a way of making a gmail account look like a microsoft exchange account so email gets pushed to the device automatically as does calenders and contacts. You could also try plugging in your webos device and sync the calender up with your pc and then have itunes handle the synce when going to your iphone.

verwon

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Anything saved strictly in the Palm profile will be lost, switch it all to Google, now.

Mistress of Mischief

tnrambler

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
You might want to visit the folks over at PreCentral.net and check the forums. Recovering data from the Palm profile is difficult unless you are moving to another webOS device. If you don't have a lot of entries on your palm profile calendar, you can manually change the calendar on each event to google and it will synch. Batch moves to google may be possible using 3rd party software like Pocket Mirror. Once you have the data to google, it should synch with your new iPhone calendar ok. Good luck.

mikeyvt1

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I'll be converting from WebOS to Ios also. I had my Pre- since launch and have had the Pre2 on Sprint for the past year. Sad to go but happy to go to another Os that I like.

mitchdisaster

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
I just made the switch this past week. It's not that hard. I had all my contacts on either my exchange account or my google account so i they all transferred over just fine. Calendars too (although you'll miss week view). The things i miss the most from the Pre+ i was on are like i said the calendar week view, the notification icons (i know they're fixing the notification system but webOS had it right, apple should have copied them instead of android) the notification LED (you don't notice how much you relied on it until it's gone) and that's about it.

Someone mentioned swipe to delete, you can set this up in your email and it works just the same, it's not as aesthetically pleasing because the whole header doesn't swipe ove, but it functions the same.

I'm on a iPhone 4 and waiting the upgrade to iOS5 which will fix most of the issues that i have with the switch. I'm very happy i switched.

cchs227

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Use google sync. Visit google sync's website for more information. I use it and it is the best reliable transferring assistant since....ever.

TheCIArr

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm switching too so thanks everybody.

By the way, I didn't want to start a separate thread but I thought I'd mention the following. Thanks to Preware and Internalz Pro, I'm going to try and move some of my favorite ringtones and alerts over to my new iPhone. I suggest you do the same.

techtalkuk.com has an article title ?Custom Tones on iOS 5? that I think works.

verwon

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm switching too so thanks everybody.

By the way, I didn't want to start a separate thread but I thought I'd mention the following. Thanks to Preware and Internalz Pro, I'm going to try and move some of my favorite ringtones and alerts over to my new iPhone. I suggest you do the same.

techtalkuk.com has an article title ?Custom Tones on iOS 5? that I think works.

All you have to do is move them to your computer. webOS doesn't use the same format, though, so you need to convert them to m4r, them import them to iTunes.

Mistress of Mischief

Reactions: TheCIArr

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2