Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

View Poll Results: What size iPhone 4s will you be purchasing?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • 16GB

22 32.35%
  • 32GB

30 44.12%
  • 64GB

16 23.53%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    5 (soon)

Default 16, 32 or 64GB?

I am new to the iPhone world and wanted some suggestions on what size to get. I have had 3 different android models all with 16GB of storage, mainly because that is what was offered. Is the 32GB (or 64) worth the extra $$ ?
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    227 Global Posts

i have no need for a ton of storage with that said im still going with 32 just in case. 64 is going to be for someone that want the whole music collection. i stream most of my music.
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    95 Global Posts

My 3Gs phone is 16gig, but with high def stuff Im going with 32gig so I don't run out!!

KC
    iPhone Newbie

you can read over this thread or search the forums for more infohttp://forums.tipb.com/iphone-4s-for...what-size.html
    IMHO the 16 should be enough for most users and that is what i am getting. I have a 32gig iPad but i keep a couple of movies on there for the kids and my whole music library on the phone i will only keep my active playlists for the gym and other events i don't need that much music with me at the gym or beach. if i do i can take the pad. not to mention with i cloud i can delete stuff and sync ota. If you feel the need to keep a large music and movie library with you and a few thousand photos then the 32 or 64 maybe but i can't justify the price with cloud (and some similar google services) available.
    Thanked by:
    genesissiseneg (10-06-2011)
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    534 Global Posts

16GB is more than enough if you ask me bit some people get the 32 but 64 is waaaaaay to much

"Think Different"
    ~ Steve Jobs ~
    iPhone Newbie

I'm leaning toward the 32gb cos i want to put some movies on it.
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts

I'd suggest you get 32. 16 might be enough for most, but you have to remember that you cant change (unless you buy another one, of course) the size once you've bought one, and to eliminate that kind of regret, you should go get yourself a 32gb.
    Thanked by:
    itistherabbit (10-10-2011)
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    io5

It depends on what you want to store on the device really. For me its mostly music and apps. Maybe a tv show here and there but i dont like watching videos on such a small screen so i watch them on my tv and if you have a device that can do airplay i would suggest a higher spec device but outside of that i would say the 16 gig fits fine. I use alot of apps and have some music to store so 16 gig was perfect. If you plan on taking tons of video in HD and pics then i suggest the 32 or 64. And same goes for storing movies and tv shows. They eat up alot of space.
    iPhone Nanite

Default 32gb

I think storage capacity will be/ is not an issue with the release of iCloud. What do u think? Fair comment?
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    1,004 Global Posts

is there an 8gb version?
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    828 Global Posts

i am wondering the same thing. I have heard some comments of getting the 16 because of icloud but do movies upload to icloud? I want to use my phone for pics and video so I too am wondering if 32 is enough with icloud?
    Tritan

May the Pda be with you!!
    iMore Intermediate

No, no 8 GB version. I'll be getting a 32 GB. Especially because of the camera/videocamera. I also tend to collect apps...
    iPhone Newbie

I have 8 gig on my eve and more than enough with a ton of pics and video the trick is don't keep everything on the phone really good vids and fav pics but store the rest on your comp or places like flickr.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,779 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

32GB most definitely...although I'm starting to question my own need for such given the iCloud.
    "Speed has never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson
    iMore Expert

iOS Version

I can see 32GB being the most popular. I myself would be budget oriented and only get a 16GB with the return of my iphone4 i bought a 1 week or so ago. So can only pay $200. But since I'm exchanging I will only be paying a restock fee. I think alot of people waiting in line on the 1st or 2nd day will be getting whats left rather than what they want. I'm sure the 64's will have better availability at $399 with rebate.
    Current White Iphone 4 8GB JB Evasi0n 7.0.4 because of budget reasons
    2011-12 White Iphone 4S 16 GB
    2011 White Iphone4 - 16GB
    2009-2011 Black Iphone 3GS 16 GB
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    809 Global Posts

If I decide to pick up the 4S, I'd get the 16GB version as I never put any music or movies on my phone.
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    134 Global Posts

I'm going with the 32gig 4s. I have a 32gig 4 now and it has a bunch of movies and music on it with 10gig free. For me, 64 is overkill and not worth the money. I thought about the 64gig because of the sweet camera, but the pics will be pushed to my mac pro so i won't need to keep a ton of pics on my phone, just a select few.
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    1,004 Global Posts

I love iPhone and their memory they are very useful so I got to wait for the 4s to release so I can get a 16 gb version
    Just remeber: If I helped you or you think my comment was funny, Thank me

Rest in Peace STEVE JOBS
    iPhone Newbie

iOS Version

32 white for the first time(color). Still do not know why you would ever need all that room. Come on really do you need all that music. I have like 500 songs 1200 pics and 150 apps and still 13 gigs of room left for random stuff. Usually use my iPad for movies.
    iPhone Newbie

I'm really on the fence here guys, I won't be watching movies and certainly won't put my entire iTunes library on the 4S but I do plan to play a few games, take pics. Is 16GB enuf for a first timer?

I currently have a 32GB, and I have about 2GB left on it. Of course, I have also downloaded over a thousand apps, and have about a hundred on my iPhone right now (waiting to be reviewed...yes, I know!).

I will probably go for the 64GB, simply so I don't have to worry about space.

Chris
    Please remember to like or thank posts that are useful, entertaining, or beneficial.

Twitter: @skeetobite | Google+: ChrisVitek | Game Center: DRSKEETO

Current Devices: iPad Air 128GB Wifi | iPhone 5S 64GB AT&T
    PDAs: Visor Deluxe | Visor Prism | Zire 72
    Phones: Treo 680 | iPhone 3G | iPhone 3GS | iPhone4 | iPhone 4S | iPhone 5
    Tablets: iPad 1 64GB AT&T | iPad 2 32GB Wifi | iPad 3 64GB Verizon LTE

iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    534 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RhonnieNYC View Post
    I'm really on the fence here guys, I won't be watching movies and certainly won't put my entire iTunes library on the 4S but I do plan to play a few games, take pics. Is 16GB enuf for a first timer?
    16GB is more than enough if you don't use it for movies storage. I have an 8Gb now and I still have like 1Gb left.

"Think Different"
    ~ Steve Jobs ~
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Right now I have the 16 gig i4 but will be upgrading to the 32 GB. I still have 6 GB left on my old phone but it is lagging a bit at times so I figure the faster processor combined with the extra space will make the new phone purr like a kitten.
    iPhone Intermediate

I will be getting the 16GB. I don't ever run out of room but I don't put a lot of stuff on my phone. Plus with iCloud I won't even bother to give the 32GB let alone the 64GB any thought. But that's just me :3
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,074 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I voted 16GB but may very well end up getting a 32GB. I used a good portion of 16GB's when I had my iPhone 4 so may need the extra room!
    "Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." - John Wayne
     iPhone 6 Plus Space Gray (64GB) iPad Mini White (16GB) Mid 2014 MacBook Pro 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast