Your thoughts on the 3.5' screen size?

solidkevin

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
IMO it IS small but its not the end of the world, I have always said that 4" is perfect as its not too big and not too small, regardless I think the 4S is very powerful and has a lot of nice features and whats with all the complaining about the body? I thought the 4 was fantastic the way it was made.

Whats everyone's thoughts?

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I am very happy that the screen size is not changing. The 3.5" screen is perfect.

BTW, my son had a Droid X and it was just too freaking big, IMHO. He thought so, too. He now has a VZW iPhone 4.

ParadigmUSA

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I've currently using a Droid X and slowly wandering my way over to Apple and iOS and iPhone and I have to say I like the feel of something a little more compact in my hand - and my pocket (as I've used an iPod Touch for quite some time). The larger Droid X is almost too big for me now.

jackson1714

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
i think the screen size is perfect because who wants finger prints and smudges everytime you grab it out of your pocket? i dont but thats just me.

Hoagie5252

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
one of the strengths of android is that they can have large and regular size phones. i bet there are plenty of people out there that don't want a 4.5 inch iPhone

mc511#CB

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I knda miss the size. The 4 inc screen is super nice but also sometime too big cause i have a small hand and its hard to use with one hand.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Screen is perfect for me...i was actually a bit wary about the idea that the iPhone was going to be bigger (and thankful when it released in the same size). I've never had any issues visually with anything on the screen, i have an iPad for watching movies on the go (but have watched several on my iPhone itself)...and in the end, it is still a phone, and i simply hate using my Evo work phone, it feels like putting a laptop up to my ear sometimes in comparison.

Im 110% fine with the 3.5" retina display...

MannyGeee

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
kinda bummed out that Apple is not moving up Droid X range for screen size, but this is not a deal breaker for me and getting an iPhone.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I am glad they didn't change the screen or phone size. This is at my threshold size for a candybar style phone. I picked this in part because it wasn't almost tablet sized like most of the HTC and other Droid phones are. If I wanted a tablet, I'd buy one.

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I haven't tried any of the larger phones, so I can't really speak much as to comparisons, but I have always been happy with the iPhone's size. Things that are too small, I can just enlarge onscreen. I don't think it would be particularly better with a larger phone. I mean, we're talking about half an inch here. In some cases 2/3 of an inch. It's not that big a difference in viewing ability, is it? So I guess I'm on the fence. Would I be offended if it was larger? Maybe not. I guess it'd depend on how it felt and fit in my pockets. Am I offended at the size it is now? Nope. I'm very pleased with it.

tmadsen

May 28, 2009
Visit site
I wish it had that extra .5". I don't think that makes it seem like a mini tablet, because it's not that big of a difference, but makes viewing the internet, videos, email, etc that much easier, IMO. It's just a preference for me, but not necessarily a deal-breaker either. If I got an early upgrade, I'd consider it, but that's not looking to be the case for me at this time. Sigh.

DougFNJ

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I had the Droid X and I didn't find it too big, I also didn't feel like I was sacrificing anything moving to the smaller iPhone screen. It is not THAT big a difference. I think people are more disappointed with the lack of "show off factor" because it doesn't have a new look, which I don't the current design could ever look outdated.

I have read it perfectly from a number of sources, if they put the same innards into a different design, it would had satisfied a lot of the naysayers.

I wonder at this point when April iPad event rolls around, will they possibly offer a different back as a mid term refresh? :confused:

iPhoneGleek

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I don't mind the screen size, I don't do heavy TV or movie watching on it so it's fine. Now if Apple had increased the size to let's say 3.7 or 3.8 I would not have complained but at the moment I'm happy with it as it is.

ChaosShadow

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Coming from a 4.3" screen on my EVO... there will probably be an adjustment curve. I was originally so worried about fat-fingering text messages, but, I grabbed one of my co-workers' iP4, and sent a test text without any issues. I made a similar amount of mistakes as I already do on my EVO. So, no worries there. As for less real-estate... the retina display totally makes up for the smaller screen. Overall, I think I'll be just fine :cool:

pilsbury

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
I and a HTC for a short period od time not too long ago. Which of course had a larger screen, which of course used more battery to function. The size of the current i4 and i4S is fine with me.

go88mph

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I have an EVO 4G now (until I switch to the 4s!) and must say the larger screen doesn't do anything for me, I would much rather have the super high quality 3.5" any day...plus as others have mentioned, I have an ipad for the larger screen needs.

dramos9696

Jan 17, 2009
Visit site
Back in March I went from the iPhone 3G to an HTC Thunderbolt. I have to say, at the time, I loved the larger screen size and the new (to me) google software. After several months though, I did get tired and fustrated with the instabilty of the google OS.Though the Google OS has a lot of nice features, it is just not as refined as the iOS. Also, I like to keep my phone in my pocket and those greater than 4 inch screens might be a bit too big. I think the 3.5 inch screen is plenty big enough and I can't wait to go back to the iPhone with the 4S.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711