Your thoughts on the 3.5' screen size?

anon(4144202)

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
IMO for the many uses I use my phone for 3.5 is small. I would be happy with at least 4 inch. I do a lot of reading news, web articles,etc. I had an android affair with the HTC inspire and I loved the size of that screen. It was perfect for reading a lot when I didn't have my iPad with me. A bigger screen would make me so happy.

zackawee27

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
i came from an evo with a 4.3 inch screen, i kind of miss the big keyboard but, Apples is more responsive :) and i can get my phone out of my pocket now without struggling due to the big size.

CrzyP

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
iPhone screen is the right size. Can't stand those laptops people are carrying in their pockets nowadays.

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I think it's pretty much the perfect size. Seems like a lot of phones today are going back to the old "brick" style because of the screen size primarily. The iPhone still feels compact and the screen is more than acceptable.

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
I have owned Android phones with 4" screens and although they were SLIGHTLY easier to view, they made the phones large. I like the ppi on the Retina better and the smaller size makes the phone easier to pack around. I haven't really noticed it being any harder to type on my iPhone 4 than it was on the previous 4" Android displays I owned.

Beamed over the interwebz from my iPhone 4 on iOS 5 GM

ivan1.ruiz

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I came from an evo 3d so screen is way smaller on iPhone but the quality is great so no complaints and I have an iPhone 3GS so the 4S will be amazing

"Think Different"
~ Steve Jobs ~

Scout_313

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I would have loved to see a 3.8" - 4" screen on the 4S. Even if they had kept the resolution the same so as not to cause a problem with apps, I'm betting it still would have been an awesome screen.

Harreh

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
The more i wish the screen size was bigger, i keep thinking that my 4 fits my hand perfectly. Its still a toss up for me.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I think they could have made the screen 4 inches and kept the relative same size of the current iphone. No need to go much larger than that as 4 inch is perfect IMO for a screen.

bcarruth62

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
IMO, can't stand big screens, don't need them. This screen size is perfect for me, I'm in front of a computer all day long anyways so if I want to watch something I'll just pull it up. As far as the thickness goes again see no need for it to be skinnier, I like a little substance when I hold my phone so this size again is perfect for me.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
lol people are complaining about thickness? Any more and it will disappear! Or break in half...

Well, most of the high end Android phones are now thinner, because the larger width and length allows them to space out the components more. They also make use of strategically placed bumps in thickness for camera sensors and the like.

I imagine that's why people would complain about the thickness of the iPhone, in relation to screen size.

At 9.3mm it is very thin, but the boxy-ness of the design makes it feel and look thicker than it is.

boomhower1820

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
My preference would be a larger screen. I had an EVO for close to a year and was happy with the size. Sold it when I went to Verizon and picked up an used OG Droid to use while I waited for the iPhone 5(or 4S as it turned out to be) The size difference was dramatic and I wasn't entirely happy. The good side effect is that the even smaller size of not as much of a shock. I think the 4" can be done in a case around the size of the 4/4S with a small bezel, maybe just a touch larger.(as in a mm or two) This would satisfy those of use who want a larger screen while not enlarging the physical size of the phone enough to upset those happy with the current form factor.

zackawee27

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
My preference would be a larger screen. I had an EVO for close to a year and was happy with the size. Sold it when I went to Verizon and picked up an used OG Droid to use while I waited for the iPhone 5(or 4S as it turned out to be) The size difference was dramatic and I wasn't entirely happy. The good side effect is that the even smaller size of not as much of a shock. I think the 4" can be done in a case around the size of the 4/4S with a small bezel, maybe just a touch larger.(as in a mm or two) This would satisfy those of use who want a larger screen while not enlarging the physical size of the phone enough to upset those happy with the current form factor.

Yeah, but didn't you ever have the problem where you could almost never get it out of you're pocket without a problem? I always had that problem.

ek9max

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I think an edge to edge with te current size phone would be perfect. More real estate and still be way to use with one hand. So 3.7" I guess :)

Reactions: zackawee27

applefanboi

May 31, 2011
Visit site
I don't mind the size at all. I can't believe how large some of the android devices are getting! To me, that takes away from the functionality of the phone. If I want a larger screen then I go for a tablet.

If they do make it bigger, I hope it's not much.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro