Question for all Iphone users

ls108

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
In the summer of 2007 I used an Iphone for about 3 weeks and returned it back to AT&T it had some great features in it and was a game changer years ahead of its time.From Summer 2007 I went back to something that was my comfort zone Blackberry, Plus my company was not sure on the security standards at the time for the Iphone in regards to email. After spending some time with Android its a great idea and a novel concept indeed but it is too fragmented meaning there are to many versions of android floating around based on what phone you have. My question for the Iphone users is this? Why does the Iphone work for you.Myself I am an Apple user in regards to laptops since 2002 the bottom line is basically the quality of the hardware and it flat out works when its all said and done.Is it the same for the Iphone right now I am setting on the fence and looking at giving the Iphone another try thanks for all input

BIG CAT 7

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I won't lie to you but the answer is yes, it does just flat out work. I had alot of issues with Android and even rooted and rommed and all that mess and it would still not fix all the glitches. This phone has given me no issues what so ever and i love it...

ls108

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I won't lie to you but the answer is yes, it does just flat out work. I had alot of issues with Android and even rooted and rommed and all that mess and it would still not fix all the glitches. This phone has given me no issues what so ever and i love it...
From speaking with Friends and co workers that have the Iphone they basically said "Its just that easy"

webbie128

Aug 19, 2009
Visit site
i was a crackbery user myself, iphone is just a something that works period. apps, music just plain great phone lol. Only thing that i hated was sacificing battery life but ever since having a mophie, it just great

BIG CAT 7

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
From speaking with Friends and co workers that have the Iphone they basically said "Its just that easy"

It is, it really is. I was a little intimidated when I got my ip4 but it was so easy to use it was almost funny in a way... I even messed around with jailbreaking it and that was easy as well. It is very simple but yet very sophisticated.... All the apps are a ton more polished too and I have yet to run into one that has given me a fit...

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Ease of use for one...I'm used to the layout and the procedures on how to make it work exactly how i want to, and since i've been using iPhones since the day the 4GB first gen hit the stores, its just what i prefer now.

There's also the form factor...i prefer the design, weight and size of the iPhone vs. other phones (and i've had blackberries for years through work and now an Evo i can't stand).

I love the no non-sense user interface, and the fact that i can maintain uniformity with my MacBooks and mac minis at home.

Plus...i just like Apple personally, and since their products typically fall right in line with my wants and needs, its a match made quite easily.

mc511#CB

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I have an android. its the htc inspire 4g and while its an amazing phone and it does just work, the iphone just seemed to take care of itself most of the time. I have to occassionally do a restart on my phone every 3 days maybe less. Maybe its ram or random glitches, but ios has more stability. The email works better as well. I couldnt tell you how many times mail has crashed on my inspire cause of an email from the playstation blog LOL.

cdriggers615

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
I use two devices. A Blackberry provided by my work and the iPhone 4 for personnel use. I must say that the iPhone is MUCH easier to use and has a ton more features. Wish I could convince work to let me use just the iPhone.

jackson1714

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
its hard to put it into words. i mean the ui is really easy to use. the ios runs smooth. i mean its simple, everything just works and if it doesnt you get a free ios update. i love the fact that i have itunes and an ipod on phone. the battery life is superb, my wife has a samsung galaxy and i swear she has to charge it like 3 maybe 4 times a day. i was messing around with her phone, the app quality looks like rubbish in comparison to the iphone apps and it doesnt seem to run as smooth as my iphone, does but thats just me.

DougFNJ

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Coming from Blackberry, I remember loving that platform for the primary reason of...."it just works"

Then iPhone arrived, I wanted it REALLY bad, but AT&T only, and my company being on Verizon made that impossible. So Blackberry released their iPhone killer on Verizon....the Storm....(real killer eh?) It just works no longer applied. Same results with Storm 2

So Jumping from Android Device to Android Device with Pam Pre Plus mixed in between, all became stop gaps to what I REALLY wanted. Android has some great factors in there, customizations, Widgets, but little tweaks and hacks ultimately end up in an unstable platform. Palm Pre Plus was great, but the typos resulting from hardware defects, and such a small screen weren't working for me.

And then came February. It had finally arrived!!! Having been familiar with the operating system from my iPod Touch, I was finally going to be able to condense to 1 device. The result has been precisely what I anticipated. Back to the ol', "it just works" No crashes, rare resets, no battery pulls I have no issues with email, Calendar and contacts back up realtime with my Google account. The cloud, and all my devices are in synch. The hardware is as solid as it gets. The only thing that was lacking for me until now is 64GB Storage capacity. With the new IOS 5 update, the upgraded hardware, the form factor I love, and the capacity I was looking for, this is about as perfect a device as I could ever had asked for.

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I have had iPhones since the 3G. I currently have an iPhone 4. My son is a teenager and when he was ready to work for a phone, he was dead set on an Android for all the reasons that you read on blogs and in flame wars all over the internet. He wanted to have power and control and 'open' and he widgets and all those. So we went shopping together and he had picked a particular model based on his research that he was interested in. The guy at the counter took one out and turned it on and handed it to him. From there, he couldn't figure out how to make it 'work'. There was a lot of fiddling and finally the store fellow had to show him how things went. He played with it for a bit and then said "dad, can I just get an iPhone? Android sucks."

Granted, that's one kid's reaction, but there you go.

Also, I can tell you that since then iPhones have added secure Exchange support and are definitely much more business friendly than they were back when you first tried them. I work for a large bank where obviously security is a major concern, and we are preparing to allow iPhones in our world.

Pmt061204

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm a blackberry user as well and if the iphone works half as good as the ipad 2 I'm sold. I just can't wait to get more apple products.

paul-c

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
The iPhone works for me because I don't need to think about it too much. I shouldn't have to. That's why I like it so much. Simplicity is key.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
My question for the Iphone users is this? Why does the Iphone work for you.

To put it simply, the iPhone just works. It has nearly taken the place of my home computer ( except for high end gaming at this point ) for anything I used to do ( email, blog postings, photo manipulation, etc ).

I spend 8-10 hours a day on a computer, when I get home it's nice to not have to be in front of one to add appointments to the calendar my wife & I share, to send out emails, pay my bills, browse the web, check what that actor's name is that neither my wife nor I can remember the name of in the show we're watching.

By the end of the day, my phone is usually around 30%, not because of "poor" battery life, just because it's getting used that much. That's not something I can say about any other phone I've ever had.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner