Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Fausty82
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

Default iPhone 4s Ringtones/Text Tones

Anyone seen or heard if there will be any new ringtones/text tones available?
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    3,370 Global Posts
    iOS Version

You can get any ringtone you like. I think iOS 5 finally allows custom text tones as well.
    Thanked by:
    rughopper (10-06-2011)
    iPhone Intermediate

iOS Version

unlikely .... I have the GM installed right now and its just the same ones that they have been giving us forever now. The new ones they did release are bad (IMHO). There is a "buy more tones" feature but it takes you to ring tones not text tones. I wish they would sell more text tones... but as for now... looks like cydias the only way to get those.

Unless they're allowing ringtones as text tones... but thats kinda awkward.
    Thanked by:
    rughopper (10-06-2011)
    iMore Genius

iOS Version
    iOS 7.1 b5

Quote Originally Posted by gthugballin View Post
    unlikely .... I have the GM installed right now and its just the same ones that they have been giving us forever now. The new ones they did release are bad (IMHO). There is a "buy more tones" feature but it takes you to ring tones not text tones. I wish they would sell more text tones... but as for now... looks like cydias the only way to get those.

Unless they're allowing ringtones as text tones... but thats kinda awkward.
    If you add your own ringtones, you can also use them as text tones. I see all of the ringtones that I created (both as text and ring tones).

I don't see it as awkward at all... but it depends on the application. I use a loud, annoying, long tone as text tone for my work dispatcher. I need to be able to hear it and respond regardless of the time day/night.

It would be awkward to use a standard ringtone for ALL text messages, but in the right situation, it's golden - and it's possible now.
    Curmudgeon and Former Member/Participant
    iPhone 5S / iPad Mini Retina / 15" MacBook Pro Retina
    Click likes this.

Global Posts
    3,699 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS7.1b5

You can use tones you create as txt tones and you can assign different ones to individual contacts.

There are a ton of sites that will allow you to download sound effects then you can use something like iRinger to make them into m4r's. I did that last night and now have all the custom txt tones I could ask for on my phone.