New to iPhone, unsure what size?

liquidzoo

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Just remember that when the iPhone is set up a couple GBs are already used. At least that was the case on the iPhone 4. If I recall it was something like 14 GB I had to work with out of the box.

They're not necessarily used. Formatted capacity of any drive is ~19% lower than its unformatted capacity. A 16GB iPhone will actually have ~13GB usable, a 32 will have ~26GB.

Pandora & iHeartRadio FTW!

If you're on Wifi... If not, these could seriously rack up your data usage.

anislandmom

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Wow thanks everyone. All the other threads I found with this subject seemed to always be about someone with a lot of music. Definitely a lot to think about, but in the end I think Apple night just win.

elavum

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I am debating that too. does any body know what will be size of an 8MP photo and a 1min 1080 video. this may give me some indication of how much space I may need.
Thanks for replies in the thread

zackawee27

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I think you should be fine with 8 gb. I had an Ipod Touch and i had like 20 songs and like 40 apps and still had about 5.7 gb. Good Luck!

ivan1.ruiz

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
If you want to play games and want music and pictures 8gb is not enough! Get the 16 or 32

"Think Different"
~ Steve Jobs ~

AdamRoxby

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
I have always gone for the highest space possible just because of the amount of songs I have. I was also wondering how much HD video it can record as this is a very new area for me.

anon(39328)

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
My opinion is that you should get the iphone with the largest available space that you can afford. How you use your iphone will likely be completely different to how you used your previous phone. One of the unfortunate facts about the iphone is that you cannot upgrade the memory. Better to have a lot of extra space early on and not have to worry about running out of space later.

Uselessbass

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Like everybody says get the most u can afford my wife doesn't use many apps and barley any music and her 16 gig is constantly full and that's with a iPhone 4 if u get the 4s the pics and video are gonna take up a lot more memory since its 8 mp now and 1080p hd video

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Based upon what you said, 16BG should be more than enough. However, let me just say this. I have found that the more space you have, the more you use. It's like having a fish that grows to fit the tank. I had the iPhone 4 16GB and with about 500 songs, 200 pics and 40 or so apps, I still had about 5GB left, which is plenty. When I upgraded to the 4S, I got the 32GB because I could afford it and because I figured why not be able to have more space to save things? I really only use iCloud for contacts and I sync my pics to my Mac weekly. But now, with the 32GB model, I have about 17GB left. So I've used more than I did before with my 4S.

So, as others have said, get what you can afford. As it stands it seems like the 16GB is good for you. BUT, if you can afford the 32GB, then go for it. You will be thankful you did because it affords you the ability to have more apps, pics, music, even TV shows etc.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW