10-06-2011 12:05 PM
- I'm planning to preorder the 4S, but I'm wondering if it's gonna be a total nightmare. Maybe not as bad as standing in line for 10 hours, but I wonder about server crashes and people unable to complete orders, due to the extremely high volume of people trying to preorder. Is this just pessimism on my part, or does anyone else share my concerns on this?
Also, I'm trying to figure out where the best place to pre-order is. Apple.com or AT&T's site. Or can you only do it at apple.com? Or does apple.com just direct you to the provider of your choice? I'm a little new at this and wondering what the best option is. Anyone thought anyone may have would be appreciated.10-06-2011 09:53 AM
- I've done this before, and it will get crazy.
What i always try to do is use Apple's website FIRST as priority and if it's experiencing problems keep ATT's site open in a second Tab and refresh them both.
East Coast time ill be waking up around 2:45am to get ready for 3:00am.
then pre ordering it then going back to bed.
You can join my FB event if you like so we can discuss things like Confirmation emails.. shipment emails, etc etc.
https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=28148292520318010-06-2011 10:05 AM
- I doubt it will be any worse than the Verizon launch... I got in right away, got an order confirmation, then the tracking number when it shipped so I could know when to be home for FedEx to drop it off. No worries. I don't think I'll ever do the whole "stand in line" thing - ever. Point, click, & ship is just to easy...10-06-2011 10:06 AM
- I doubt it will be any worse than the Verizon launch... I got in right away, got an order confirmation, then the tracking number when it shipped so I could know when to be home for FedEx to drop it off. No worries. I don't think I'll ever do the whole "stand in line" thing - ever. Point, click, & ship is just to easy...
Not only that, you're talking about an ADDITIONAL carrier now being added to the online pre order fray- with Al 3 carriers ATT-Sprint-and verizon touching into Apple's servers.10-06-2011 10:15 AM
- Expect long lines...
Expect AT&T to foul up the registration/activation process...
Expect Apple stores to be the victims of AT&T's foul up, and end up with computer issues...
Expect limited quantities...
Expect Apple stores to be more efficient in processing than AT&T stores...
...honestly, this is part of the fun! The wait, the expectation and then the end result of having a shiny new iPhone to open up and setup!10-06-2011 11:08 AM
- Is it going to be indicated in the Apple website if it's not locked to any carrier? Because I would like to get it unlocked, even though it's more expensive in that manner. And btw, this is the first time I'm pre-ordering online for an iPhone and I dont know what to expect, haha.10-06-2011 11:10 AM
- lol...muscle memory has made me leave out Verizon and Sprint...honestly, Verizon is a "bit" seasoned on this, but not to this extent, as they have never had a fresh, new iPhone release before.
Good luck to Sprint...having used them for a work phone for years, i can say their CS is probably the worst i have ever experienced, and i foresee absolutely calamity for them and the iPhone.10-06-2011 11:20 AM
- It's the internet...of course it will be a nightmare. The same scenario plays out every time something like this goes down; the exact same one. Expect about 30 seconds to order before the servers get crushed.
As for unlocked phones at Apple on launch day, I wouldn't count on it. But you never know.
Last edited by sting7k; 10-06-2011 at 12:08 PM.10-06-2011 12:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD