Pre-Order 4S on Friday? Or wait for Nexus Prime reveal on Tuesday?

Netherscourge

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm seriously torn here.

At first I wanted to jump on the 4S this Friday and just get the Pre-order over with.

But I am highly intrigued by what Samsung will be revealing next week on the Android side of things.

Have you guys made up your minds yet? Or still on the fence?

JeremyHD

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I chose iPhone 4S over the Samsung Galaxy S II.

Go with what you want/need more.

Also remember if you made the wrong choice, sell the phone you bought on Craigslist, Kijiji, Ebay, etc. and then get the other one.

:)

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I chose iPhone 4S over the Samsung Galaxy S II.

Go with what you want/need more.

Also remember if you made the wrong choice, sell the phone you bought on Craigslist, Kijiji, Ebay, etc. and then get the other one.

:)

But remember, iPhones hold their value much more on the second market then Androids do. It's like buying an Acura. You can drive it for a year, and re-sell it for pretty much the same price,

MarkAllan

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Is there an easy way to cancel a preorder with Verizon? I'm thinking about preordering tomorrow just in case I'm not blown away by the Galaxy Nexus, and that way I also won't be way down on the preorder list by waiting until after Google's conference.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Lynx

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Id wait for the Nexus Prime, just my 2 cents. That phone is gonna be amazing. 4.65in 720p screen, dual core1.5 GHz processor, 4G, and best of all Ice Cream Sandwich. Dont get me wrong I enjoy my iPhone 4 and will more than likely keep it. But if I had the choice between the iPhone 4S and Nexus Prime. Id rock the Prime.

Not everybody wants a mini tablet for a phone though

Last edited by a moderator:

impaler

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I'm so firmly entrenched in the Apple ecosystem that I'll be upgrading my 3GS to a 4S. Still torn on carriers, though...I've always liked Sprint, but currently have the grandfathered unlimited data with AT&T, which I'm told I'd keep if I upgrade. I never use more than a GB or so of data every month, and I'm usually at home on WiFi anyway, but it's nice not having to think about it. I am tired of AT&T's crappy coverage in the DC area though!

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I am also undecided at this point, but wondering if pre-order on Verizon is worthwhile for now to be sure that I can get the iphone.
Does anyone know if you can cancel a pre-order with Verizon?

wahoolions

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Well, I think you need to ask yourself what you want from the phone. Head to head, the phones have similar capabilities. The Nexus Prime will have a larger screen and Ice Cream Sandwich, but the iPhone 4S will be getting iOS5.

I currently have an EVO 4G that is eligible for an upgrade and am leaning towards the iPhone 4S, because I use the phone primarily for work and need something dependable and solid. The EVO has been good, but not great. Some things are a little glitchy, IMO partly because of Android fragmentation. I feel like the iPhone will be more reliable. I'm also on Sprint, who is rumored to NOT be getting the Prime. If they were, I would have to take a closer look at head to head comparisons once the details of the Prime and Ice Cream Sandwich are available.

Some will point out the anticipated 4G capabilities of the Prime, whereas the iPhone won't utilize LTE or WIMAX. I have to say, I rarely use 4G on my EVO. 4G doesn't make my phone calls any better and drains the battery quickly. If I was doing a lot of web browsing or streaming videos, I'm sure I'd use that feature more.

I don't think you can go wrong with either phone. Part of me feels like the iPhone is getting a bad rap because there are no exterior changes to the device. I read someone say that if the iPhone 4S doesn't look any different from the iPhone 4, then how will people know you are carrying around the latest and greatest device? I say, who cares? I don't view my cell phone as a status symbol, I view it as a device that helps me accomplish things.

BIG CAT 7

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I originally had a Droid X. Then went to the iPhone4 earlier this year. Then tried to go back to Android with the Bionic. Returned that and now pre ordering the 4S.

I am over Android and the LTE battery life as well as the Force closes and resets..... Apple is as smooth as silk as fas as OS are concerned.... The only thing I semi-liked were the widgets and they didn't even all work as advertised..

I would say Apple but that is just from my past experiences... I just can't believe it took me this long to realize it, lol..

sdakidd

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I would wait till Tuesday so you can weigh your options properly if there is even a chance that you go with what samsung announces then I suggest waiting.

DougFNJ

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm so firmly entrenched in the Apple ecosystem that I'll be upgrading my 3GS to a 4S. Still torn on carriers, though...I've always liked Sprint, but currently have the grandfathered unlimited data with AT&T, which I'm told I'd keep if I upgrade. I never use more than a GB or so of data every month, and I'm usually at home on WiFi anyway, but it's nice not having to think about it. I am tired of AT&T's crappy coverage in the DC area though!

The good news is that Sprint is offering you Unlimted Data as well. So if you know they have good coverage, and that you will plan to stay with them for the long haul, you won't be sacrificing anything. However if you do change your mind you will then lose your unlimited with AT&T.

sep2006

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm seriously torn here.

At first I wanted to jump on the 4S this Friday and just get the Pre-order over with.

But I am highly intrigued by what Samsung will be revealing next week on the Android side of things.

Have you guys made up your minds yet? Or still on the fence?

I haven't made up my mind, but I'm leaning more toward the Prime.

Just wait till Tuesday, it's not that far

dougmcarthur

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I think if you have other elements of the Apple ecosystem there's no better choice than the 4S. However if your phone is a standalone device (meaning you're not concerned with airplay, etc) then you should more carefully weigh the specs and features of each device before making your choice. I would blindly go with the iPhone, but that's just me.

wunhangios

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I think I'm in the same boat. It boils down to whether I want the iPhone on ATT (paying extra to Verizon for 3G seems dumb) or the Prime on Verizon. It is a toss up, but I am leaning more towards the iPhone since I have a MBP for a laptop and an iPad2 and can integrate everything across the board.

Phil DeLong

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I say iPhone 4S. I've tried delving in to the Android world twice, and it just isn't a good fit for me. I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with it as I think all operating systems have their strong points, the iPhone just feels so fluid and natural to me that it's ruined other platforms in my mind.