Will I Be Able to Keep Unlimited Data if I renew my AT&T Contract?

jimmysuggs

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
I'm planning to upgrade to the 4S, as I'm still using the 3GS and my contract expired last June.

But I'm wondering, if I renew with AT&T, will I be able to keep my unlimited data plan that I still have, or will they force me to start all over with that capped data plan they rolled out a few months back?

If that's the case I might jump ship to sprint or verizon, but I just wanted to know what my options are before I make any decisions.

Anyone have any idea how this sort of thing works?

liquidzoo

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Yes, if you have it; and you're renewing to another iPhone, you should be able to keep it. I imagine that there would be a lot of mad customers if they forced a plan change just to upgrade your phone.

jimmysuggs

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
Excellent, thanks for the info. I figured this was the case, but I also wouldn't put it past AT&T to force customers to give up their unlimited data in order to get a new, subsidized iphone, etc. However given that AT&T now has competition for the iphone, I'm guessing they're less likely to do stuff that may piss off people looking to potentially sign another contract with them.

nyc_rock

Sep 19, 2006
Visit site
What I am wondering is if Apple's web site will offer my current unlimmited plan or will it default to ATT's actual plans that they offer. This could be an issue.

Bias X

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, as long as you currently have the data plan it will never go away unless either
1: they force it on you
2: you change it

Upgrades shouldn't change it at all.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711