Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Bias X
  • 1 Post By !BigTex71
  • 1 Post By AdamRoxby
  • 1 Post By simplylaurakb
  • 1 Post By zackawee27
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    267 Global Posts

Default Camera.... this is HUGE for me.. I can't wait!

-----------------------------
    Original iPhone 8gig
    White 16gig iPhone 3G
    Black 32gig iPhone 3Gs
    iPhone Pro

iOS Version

That squirrel picture is pretty legit.
    I too am hyped for the camera. Not that I am some professional photographer or anything, but i do find it as a hobby.
    I hate the feeling of having to carry a multitude of things on me, so its always welcome when smart phone cameras get a bump in quality.
    Love the fact that Apple is looking at sensors instead of MP.
    AnimalCrackers likes this.
    iPhone Elite

Global Posts
    2,485 Global Posts

I will have to see them in higher res to tell if they are really that great. I thought the iPhone 4 was amazing, but there is quite a bit of unwanted posterization.
     iPhone 4 32GB
     MacBook Air 13.3" (May 2011)
     iPad 2 16GB
    iPhone Newbie

Yes, I am excited about the camera also.

I have been putting up with the crappy camera on my Moto Droid 1 (launch day) for almost two years now. My wife got a Droid 1 about 2 months after me and her camera is SO much better than mine. I guess they fixed whatever issues they had with the initial batch. I tried getting Verizon to replace it, but they wouldn't.

I have been drooling over the picture quality that my sister gets with her iPhone 4, so I am stoked that the 4S camera is even better than the one on the 4.
    iPhone Newbie

Default Camera

In my opinion the iPhone 4 camera is already great, don't know what it'll be with the 4S...

Waiting
    iPhone Newbie

iOS Version

This will be by far the best camera I have ever owned and now that I have a new son it would be great to record some of his first moments in HD.
    Harreh likes this.
    iPhone Newbie

coming from an EVO i agree I love that the sensor and the aperture of the lens have been improved this will have a greater effect than MP. I have taken quite a few pics with my EVO where people say that came from a cellphone! but when i try to print or do anything other than post them online they look like garbage. I hope the sensor is as good as they say. Also i love the camera start uptime and the 0.5 sec between pics. I feel like sometimes i wait 5 minutes on my EVo to take a pic and then 30 seconds for the next one. I know it won't replace my DSLR but at least i will have something available quickly when i need it and i chose not to lug the big camera out!
    iMore Intermediate

I can't wait for the camera either. Right now I have a dumb phone with a lousy camera and no video capabilities. I also have two very cute little kids, so I'm always wishing I had a better camera handy. My sister has an iPhone 4, and takes amazing images with it. Of course, it also helps that she's an amazing professional photographer! . But a good camera will help me get at least the occasional decent shot!
    tnl
    iPhone Nanite

can't wait to test out the camera.
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    1,004 Global Posts

I know, i had an Iphone 3G and the camera quality wasn't so good. i'm glad to see the ultimate operating system getting bumped up!
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    32 Global Posts

Yeah, the camera is one of the main reasons i'm getting the 4S (first iPhone).
    iMore Newbie

I have seen all the pictures that Apple posted and must admit the Squirrel picture is great the detail in the pic makes me want the iPhone4S even more.
    iPhone Newbie

iOS Version

I'm also pleased to hear about the increase in speed. Often with my 3GS I find that I have missed the moment before I had been able to get a camera up and running. Hopefully this should be a thing of the past.
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    151 Global Posts

I'm excited to get my hands on the 4s and give the camera a test run to see what it can do.
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    534 Global Posts

I had an evo 3d and the camera was great now the one on the iPhone 3GS is not too great so I really want the iPhone 4S

"Think Different"
    ~ Steve Jobs ~
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    32 Global Posts

Using my Nexus S camera tonight to take pics of my son at park served as another reminder (not that I need anymore) that I NEED the 4S.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    128 Global Posts

I'm giving my nikon camera to my brother. Won't need it anymore.
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts

The bump in camera spec is just fantastic, I look forward to using it, and is a big reason that I will be upgrading to the 4S ;-)
    iPhone Newbie

I remember when I was going to buy an iPod Touch (rather an upgrade from 2nd to 4th gen) and was shocked when I learned the quality was less than one megapixel! Of course, then I got the iPod and was re-shocked when I saw the pictures I had taken (check out my landscape thread in the Photography section)! That's when I realized just how much more the sensor mattered rather than those megapixels! iPhone 4S is too expensive for me but I hope to try one out one day!