Camera.... this is HUGE for me.. I can't wait!

Bias X

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
That squirrel picture is pretty legit.
I too am hyped for the camera. Not that I am some professional photographer or anything, but i do find it as a hobby.
I hate the feeling of having to carry a multitude of things on me, so its always welcome when smart phone cameras get a bump in quality.
Love the fact that Apple is looking at sensors instead of MP.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
I will have to see them in higher res to tell if they are really that great. I thought the iPhone 4 was amazing, but there is quite a bit of unwanted posterization.

!BigTex71

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I am excited about the camera also.

I have been putting up with the crappy camera on my Moto Droid 1 (launch day) for almost two years now. My wife got a Droid 1 about 2 months after me and her camera is SO much better than mine. I guess they fixed whatever issues they had with the initial batch. I tried getting Verizon to replace it, but they wouldn't.

I have been drooling over the picture quality that my sister gets with her iPhone 4, so I am stoked that the 4S camera is even better than the one on the 4.

AdamRoxby

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
This will be by far the best camera I have ever owned and now that I have a new son it would be great to record some of his first moments in HD.

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
coming from an EVO i agree I love that the sensor and the aperture of the lens have been improved this will have a greater effect than MP. I have taken quite a few pics with my EVO where people say that came from a cellphone! but when i try to print or do anything other than post them online they look like garbage. I hope the sensor is as good as they say. Also i love the camera start uptime and the 0.5 sec between pics. I feel like sometimes i wait 5 minutes on my EVo to take a pic and then 30 seconds for the next one. I know it won't replace my DSLR but at least i will have something available quickly when i need it and i chose not to lug the big camera out!

simplylaurakb

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
I can't wait for the camera either. Right now I have a dumb phone with a lousy camera and no video capabilities. I also have two very cute little kids, so I'm always wishing I had a better camera handy. My sister has an iPhone 4, and takes amazing images with it. Of course, it also helps that she's an amazing professional photographer! ;). But a good camera will help me get at least the occasional decent shot! :D

zackawee27

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I know, i had an Iphone 3G and the camera quality wasn't so good. i'm glad to see the ultimate operating system getting bumped up!

wHoKares

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I have seen all the pictures that Apple posted and must admit the Squirrel picture is great the detail in the pic makes me want the iPhone4S even more.

AdamRoxby

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm also pleased to hear about the increase in speed. Often with my 3GS I find that I have missed the moment before I had been able to get a camera up and running. Hopefully this should be a thing of the past.

ivan1.ruiz

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I had an evo 3d and the camera was great now the one on the iPhone 3GS is not too great so I really want the iPhone 4S

"Think Different"
~ Steve Jobs ~

jd78

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Using my Nexus S camera tonight to take pics of my son at park served as another reminder (not that I need anymore) that I NEED the 4S.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

johny2shoes

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
The bump in camera spec is just fantastic, I look forward to using it, and is a big reason that I will be upgrading to the 4S ;-)

scientist88

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
I remember when I was going to buy an iPod Touch (rather an upgrade from 2nd to 4th gen) and was shocked when I learned the quality was less than one megapixel! Of course, then I got the iPod and was re-shocked when I saw the pictures I had taken (check out my landscape thread in the Photography section)! That's when I realized just how much more the sensor mattered rather than those megapixels! iPhone 4S is too expensive for me but I hope to try one out one day!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox