Ok, I've had 24 hours to simmer down.

Harreh

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I was fairly upset yesterday, but after a day to cool off i have decided to get the 4s. Has anyone else jumped back on board? =)

Harreh

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
i was so expecting a design change and 4in screen. I'm no spring chicken and i'm use to the huge screen on my charge. =)

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Victim of the rumor mill...hopefully this teaches you to take anything that doesn't come straight from Apple (concerning Apple products) with the tiniest grain of salt.

Why do you think so many of us were trashing on all the new threads popping up in this forum spreading the hype like wild fire...lol.

tlo07

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
I was fairly upset yesterday, but after a day to cool off i have decided to get the 4s. Has anyone else jumped back on board? =)

LOLZ! Me too! After I cried and stomped my feet (not literally, of course) like a 2-year-old yesterday because we aren't getting the iPhone 5 this year I was able to re-assess the situation and realize there are some nice improvements in the iPhone 4s. Im pretty excited for the new iOS notifications, faster processor and Siri! I get an upgrade every year so why the h*ll not get it? I can sell or trade in the iPhone 4.

Harreh

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I bought the Verizon i4 on release day. When they announced the data rate changes i had to get my oldest son off his feature phone to keep all of my lines on unlimited data. He had been bugging me for some time for an i4. I told him when the i5 came out he could have mine. Since red decided to change the data rate i thought i would try a 4g phone.

Idk, i guess i just thought with the droves of 4in plus screens out there on droid phones, that the 4in screen on the new iphone would be a given.

But (long sigh), after some reflection, i think it will be a perfect phone. Plus, i won't be able to use the new nexus alongside my ipad 3 (late Christmas present from my wife) and my macbook pro as fluently with the nexus so it just makes sense.

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I don't understand why everyone wants such a big screen. I had a Droid X with the 4.3, and thought it was too big. It wasn't comfortable to pocket, and drained the hell out of the battery. I was just helping a friend at work with a Thunderbolt, and I didn't miss that massive screen size at all. I think the 3.5" screen is perfect. If I need anything bigger, I have an iPad, or a MPB to use. I for one am happy with the 4S, and can't wait to actually use it.

Harreh

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I don't get my ipad til spring, if its released then. I like the 4in screen. The screen on this charge,though, is a bit big. Its so thin i don't have a problem with it in my pocket.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Those bigger screens look like crap though compared to the iphone's retina screen. Not sure why you'd want a crappier screen.

Harreh

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Those bigger screens look like crap though compared to the iphone's retina screen. Not sure why you'd want a crappier screen.

I don't mean to insult, so don't take this the wrong way.

That statement is obviously bias. Samsung makes excellent screens, so please take that stuff to another thread.

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site

That statement is obviously bias. Samsung makes excellent screens, so please take that stuff to another thread.

have you ever looked at them next to a retina display though... theres only a few screens I have seen that look better then the retina and there smaller yet

Harreh

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
have you ever looked at them next to a retina display though... theres only a few screens I have seen that look better then the retina and there smaller yet

Yes. I have an iPhone 4 as well. I, personally, can see no pixilation on either phone.

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Yes. I have an iPhone 4 as well. I, personally, can see no pixilation on either phone.

That's true. You just see the lack of sharpness and over saturated, blown out colors on the SAMOLED. ;)

Beamed over the interwebz from my iPhone 4 on iOS 5 b7 using Tapatalk.

Theophany

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site

It's not bias. The iPhone 4 has more pixels on a smaller screen, ergo a better screen.

If you can't tell the difference it's your eyes that are the problem. I can definitely tell the difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jellotime91

robes1

May 31, 2009
Visit site
I was upset too! The hype got me. I really wanted the 4 inch screen above all else! But like you after a night to cool down and realize that Apple never lied or told me that the screen would be larger I can see clearly and they've put together an excellent list of new features. I'm in love all over again.

Caballera

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site

Yep Yep... cooler heads have prevailed. I'll be getting the 4s for my wife and myself. Although I won't be in a big rush to get it, meaning I won't be pre-ordering or standing in line. I'll just go to AT&T or the Apple store and get it.

Harreh

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
It's not bias. The iPhone 4 has more pixels on a smaller screen, ergo a better screen.

If you can't tell the difference it's your eyes that are the problem. I can definitely tell the difference.

Ok, I have my reading glasses on with the iPhone and the Charge both with blacked out backgrounds. They both look great and i can see no pixels on either the icons on the iPhone or the Charge.

Ya know, there comes a point where pixel depth becomes a non issue. Once you pass a certain point, your eyes can't distinguish the difference anymore. The point i am trying to make is, the charge doesn't have a "crappy" screen just because the retina display has a slightly higher resolution. The only reason he said that is because his opinion is higher of the retina display, hence, bias.

I like both devices, although i would rather use the iPhone. That doesn't mean i'm going to trash the Charge because it's a Samsung.

NVNJ

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site

Hi Friends. I'll be gettin my first iPhone when the new one releases next week. I have an ipad2 ad love it! Returned my Moto Xoom in order to get it. Anyway, I currently have an Evo 4g since release day. Many of my coworkers have iPhone 4. I must say though that the iPhone screen is day and night difference with the Evo. The iPhone looks so much better IMO. Totally looking forward to the new iPhone. I'm on sprint btw.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2