Standby battery time on Iphone 4S significantly less?

Maestro1#AC

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
If you go to to the apple store website and look at the comparison chart between the Iphone 4S and Iphone 4 and Iphone 3GS. It shows that the standby time is significantly lower on the 4S than its predecessors.

>>>>> apple.com/iphone/compare-iphones/ <<<<<<<

Type that into your browser (sorry can't post links yet)

I find that kind of strange given that talk time has increased.

buci1er

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
If you go to to the apple store website and look at the comparison chart between the Iphone 4S and Iphone 4 and Iphone 3GS. It shows that the standby time is significantly lower on the 4S than its predecessors.

>>>>> apple.com/iphone/compare-iphones/ <<<<<<<

Type that into your browser (sorry can't post links yet)

I find that kind of strange given that talk time has increased.

The obvious answer to this one is the fact that the phone has an A5 and more RAM, because of Siri and the personal assistant features the phone remains in a semi-powered mode constantly. It does this so when you turn it on...it just flies. This inherently uses more power. Then, add to the fact that you have a GSM/CDMA radio in there...that probably takes a little more juice to power.

Maestro1#AC

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
The obvious answer to this one is the fact that the phone has an A5 and more RAM, because of Siri and the personal assistant features the phone remains in a semi-powered mode constantly. It does this so when you turn it on...it just flies. This inherently uses more power. Then, add to the fact that you have a GSM/CDMA radio in there...that probably takes a little more juice to power.

Thanks, that sounds understandable given the SIRI feature and the A5, Just originally figured it may have been a typo on apples part.

I currently do not own an iphone, waiting for the sprint 4S, But battery life is probably my #2 needed feature, behind a slim form factor being #1, when considering a replacement for my current webos phone.

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
dont worry though... It will be able to make it through a day which is the most important thing to me

jscholz22

Jul 18, 2008
Visit site
With the new reminder feature it has to eat battery. If you are telling it to remind you of something when you arrive home it has to have the GPS always active.....In my past experience using Golfcard app and constantly having GPS on i am lucky to get 4-5 hours.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
With the new reminder feature it has to eat battery. If you are telling it to remind you of something when you arrive home it has to have the GPS always active.....In my past experience using Golfcard app and constantly having GPS on i am lucky to get 4-5 hours.

Nah, that is also a feature of iOS 5 in iPhone 4. That's not a contributing factor to their standby rating.

tokiyoo

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
the battery...is a big question to all Android phone!:confused:
zhushu4.jpg

Last edited: