What the iPhone Announcement ACTUALLY was...

iphonemilk

Jul 17, 2008
Visit site
415760730.jpg

rgar3388

Jun 12, 2009
Visit site
If they had changed the form factor a bit and slapped an iPhone 5 title instead of iPhone 4S then everyone would be happy. Silly media, and silly consumers.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
The thread has a point, if you can't see it then i'm sorry. That's not my fault.

What was your point? That the rumor hype got the best of many consumers, it made them upset and now they are crying about it? That's not exactly what you pointed out...but in some obscure way, i guess i could see it...

Nah...pointless thread is still pointless. Thanks for playing though...

iphonemilk

Jul 17, 2008
Visit site
What was your point? That the rumor hype got the best of many consumers, it made them upset and now they are crying about it? That's not exactly what you pointed out...but in some obscure way, i guess i could see it...

Nah...pointless thread is still pointless. Thanks for playing though...

It was to illustrate (literally) that this IS an upgrade. People are literally saying this is NOT an upgrade.. it's a thin argument and misinformation is being spread around like wildfire.

The WSJ even wrote an article based entirely off the premise of internet blog comments! (Article Page | TheStreet) i mean.. this is a poison that the internet community is spreading.- It's disgusting.

When literally a simple picture (above) can speak 1,000 words to the opposite.

iPhone 3G>iPhone 3Gs, iPhone 4> iPhone 4S.

This is a huge upgrade.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
It was to illustrate (literally) that this IS an upgrade. People are literally saying this is NOT an upgrade.. it's a thin argument and misinformation is being spread around like wildfire.

The WSJ even wrote an article based entirely off the premise of internet blog comments! (Article Page | TheStreet) i mean.. this is a poison that the internet community is spreading.- It's disgusting.

When literally a simple picture (above) can speak 1,000 words to the opposite.

iPhone 3G>iPhone 3Gs, iPhone 4> iPhone 4S.

This is a huge upgrade.

To be honest...wouldn't it have benefited everyone you meant to attract to this post by explaining that a bit? Your initial post just looks like further whining by people unhappy the new iPhone wasn't 6 feet wide and full of majestic ponies.

iphonemilk

Jul 17, 2008
Visit site
To be honest...wouldn't it have benefited everyone you meant to attract to this post by explaining that a bit? Your initial post just looks like further whining by people unhappy the new iPhone wasn't 6 feet wide and full of majestic ponies.

oh.. lol.. I guess i should have said something of the sort.. maybe titled it..

"For all the complainers" or something like that. ;)

Yeah it was to show (in the red letters) that they only LEFT OUT a few things when you put all the cards down on the table.

It's actually a big update.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
oh.. lol.. I guess i should have said something of the sort.. maybe titled it..

"For all the complainers" or something like that. ;)

Yeah it was to show (in the red letters) that they only LEFT OUT a few things when you put all the cards down on the table.

It's actually a big update.

Fair enough...my apologies. :)

Just to address something though, Apple really didn't leave out anything...how could they? They put NOTHING out there before release.

Corey

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Fair enough...my apologies. :)

Just to address something though, Apple really didn't leave out anything...how could they? They put NOTHING out there before release.

Exactly this. The media outlets fabricated their own Bigfoot and are now outraged that Bigfoot doesn't exist.. I don't see why Apple is taking the brunt of the blame on this one.

iphonemilk

Jul 17, 2008
Visit site
Exactly this. The media outlets fabricated their own Bigfoot and are now outraged that Bigfoot doesn't exist.. I don't see why Apple is taking the brunt of the blame on this one.

That seems like a good analogy considering all of the blogs sites (macrumor's types) were the ones pushing out these stories about the possibilities of what's to come.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
The funny thing is...this seems to be the media sources new M.O. when it comes to Apple products. Before the MBP's came out earlier this year, there was talk of all these features that never showed up in the actual product upon release...people were outraged, they couldn't believe that a new macbook pro didn't come with all the bells and whistles.

The problem was...Apple never offered any information on the product before release, but because of the hype, people went ape sh*t.

Apple had better get used to this though, its the popular thing to do now...since they have no chance of convincing happy Apple users that their products are inferior in some way, they'll build up hype so that the consumer is let down BEFORE the product is out. Its quite strategic, and very potent...especially with a company like Apple, that already gets a lot of attention anyways when their stuff hits the store shelves.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
What if my sister had a set of balls......? she'd be my brother then....but she doesn't

Oh my god I just died laughing at this... So perfect.. hahaha...

I do agree they could've just changed the name to "5" though, and the perception of the public and media would've been different. :p

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods