All these negative threads... here's a positive one.

gmz73

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
I can certainly understand people being disappointed. But on the same note it's an opportunity for people to get the iPhone 4 at a cheaper price. Since I got the iPhone 4 last year I feel like I'm not missing out on anything with iOS 5. I hope you enjoy the new iPhone though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carlm

Oct 13, 2009
www.howtojailbreak.info
I liked the design of the iPhone 4 and I didn't want more screen either, that's what I have an iPad for. Holding the Samsung Galaxy S2 was uncomfortable. The iPhone 4 was just fine and now they have improved the insides, it should be a phone that I keep for a very long time.

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
I too, really like the current design of the iPhone, I am so glad they didn't change the outsides. Didn't really want a bigger screen, the whole size of the phone is perfect for me.

Better processor and better cam is definitely enough for me to buy! So I'm with you, I will definitely get it!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mister23

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
I am an excited Sprint subscriber. I am switching from a Black Berry to the Iphone4S. I am glad they did not change the body style too. I will be pre-ordering on Friday from Sprint.

cellphonejedi

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
It just didnt make sense for Apple to come out with something that was totally re-vamped. Millions on Big Red got their ip4 back in February. So why alienate them in October. Wait until next year and release a complete gamechanger!!! iPhone 5 with 4G service would be the "Holy Grail" for iphone users!!

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
After sleeping on it and reading more I will say I am not as disappointed as I first was after the unveil.

The iPhone 4S is a quite powerful device. IMO even though the iPhone 4 is over a year old it is still equal to many of the newer top phones in performance simply because of it's total package and over all experience. Now there is even more horse power behind that screen and Apple has had time to put more engineering into the infamous antenna as well.

IMO the real delay was probably iOS 5 and not the hardware. The new OS adds a lot of things in the background that would likely bring the experience down a level if not done exactly right so that could have taken extra time. Why release new hardware without the software?

We will see, maybe in a few months I may end up selling my 4 and getting the 4S after all. Siri does look pretty cool.

Sketso

Jan 11, 2010
Visit site
My wife and I get all the functionality (and more) we want out of our recent iPhone 4 purchases, and with iOS 5, it will be improved GREATLY, so we won't be rushing out to buy the iPhone 4S, but after thinking it over a bit, I really don't understand what all the negativity is about.

The new 4S will process graphics up to 7x faster, and all other functions will be at least 2x faster. Even if the graphics were only 2x faster to match the other processes, you just got a 100% boost in performance! In all other tech areas, I consider that an upgrade, so why not in a phone everybody already loves? Add to that a camera that will now, more than likely, perform better than most point and shoot cameras AND record video in 1080p...

So it didn't change the look. Did it need to? I'm a huge fan of the iPhone 4 look, and I think it looks better than most of the phones on the market today. Heck, it *set the standard* that most others are cloning, and the 4S fixes the inherent antenna issue (allegedly, the phone isn't out just yet). Sure, I wouldn't mind a larger screen, but the graphics are already amazing, and as has been said before: It's not a tablet. THEN, it's now a world phone, and available on just about every carrier that people have been yammering for... Honestly, it seems like more of an upgrade than was the old 3G to 3GS back in the day, which people were thrilled over, yet now they yell "Crucify?"

I've messed with a lot of androids, too (my daughter even owns one of the latest and greatest), and yeah, a larger screen is nice sometimes, and they do seem a bit faster than my current iPhone 4 (not phenomenally, though) but the added bulk doesn't fit in a pocket or on my belt as well, and the UI... well, Apple got it right, the rest just don't "quite". Apple is still the lead dog in the cell phone pack, even though the gap is narrowing... (for the record, my daughter wishes she had gotten an iPhone, now)

All I'm left wanting is Flash, but I knew I wasn't getting that anyway. :)

There ya go, long rant. Apologies to the OP, but I had to pick one of the positive threads to say all o' that! :D

GigaS27

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
All the negativity was about the rumors hyping everyone up for the new 5 which wasn't even close. I can understand everyone's disappointment but disagree with how some of them are acting. Maybe its like few others, where they just needed to vent and now they are better accepting the news. Either way I'm just happy that Sprint is going to offer the iphone...which has been a long time coming!

Of course i will be jealous in future when the bigger screen comes out (if it ever does)...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner