Pre-order with delivery, or pre-order and stand in line?

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
When I pre ordered online with the Verizon release in Feb, I got my phone a day or 2 early. Also if you stand in line, you aren't guaranteed to get a phone. If I were you, I would pre order online.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Standing on line is time consuming, but with all the Apple folks and Apple fans, it's like a big party in the mall at 6 am.

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Standing on line is time consuming, but with all the Apple folks and Apple fans, it's like a big party in the mall at 6 am.

Also Apple usually makes it pretty nice giving out coffee and stuff like that. Atleast at the Apple by my house they do this. Which on a side note is the same Apple store Rene got his Ipad2's at in the U.S. on the release date.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Also Apple usually makes it pretty nice giving out coffee and stuff like that. Atleast at the Apple by my house they do this. Which on a side note is the same Apple store Rene got his Ipad2's at in the U.S. on the release date.

Yep, they passed out some danish, coffee and bottled water for both the iPhone4 and iPad2 launches here at "my" Apple store.

The downside is that it can take a while.

simplylaurakb

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
If you pre-order and stand in line, do you still need to be there all night? I did stand in line for the iPad 2 (no preorders), and it was fun, though I didn't get there early enough to get one that day...

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure that if you pre order, you are able to pick it up in the store. When I pre order, I just have it delivered to my house. Just need to make sure someone is home to sign for it, as that is required, they won't just leave it on your door step.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
If you pre-order and stand in line, do you still need to be there all night? I did stand in line for the iPad 2 (no preorders), and it was fun, though I didn't get there early enough to get one that day...

Probably not overnight. I pre-ordered my iPhone 4, got there about 6:00 and was home by 10:30. But by getting there at 6:00 am, I was pretty far back in the line. But still way ahead of others.

And your location may factor in, too. The Phoenix area has 4 or 5 Apple stores, so it wasn't TOO crowded. My sister-in-law in Indy stood in line at their lone Apple store for about 9 hours to get her iPad2.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I preorded the i4 on verizon and got it a few days before it was in stores, so that took out the hassle of going to a store. Although there wasn't lines for the i4 so who knows how this will be. Most likely won't be that large of lines, atleast not on verizon.

SurfStoked

Jan 10, 2009
Visit site
Pre-order and delivered! Wouldn't you rather be "waiting in line" in the comfort of your own home? (If you know what I mean)

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I don't know. I think it would be fun to be surrounded by people as nutty as I am! :p

Standing in line definately adds to the excitement, but I don't think I will do it again. Especially since there will be people from AT&T, Verizon, and Sprint all in the same like at Apple. I think last time they had the pre order, you were able to pick a time that you wanted to pick it up to cut down on lines. So that may make it a little easier. If you have never done it before, and would like to experience it, give it a whirl.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Ill probably go to the ATT store. I am in a weird situation so I figure it's just easier. I just hope I don't wait 2 weeks for the thing.

simplylaurakb

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
If I do do the stand-in-line-at-the-store thing, mall store or free-standing store? I'm in the DC area, so plenty to choose from... For a mall store, where do people line up before the mall opens?

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
If I do do the stand-in-line-at-the-store thing, mall store or free-standing store? I'm in the DC area, so plenty to choose from... For a mall store, where do people line up before the mall opens?

The Mall in my area was open over night, and people were allowed to go in, and line up. People started lining up the day before. Inside the mall is nice if it is cold, or rainy, but outside is nice if the weather is good.

Ringfinger

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
This all sounds like the Verizon release ha ha! I would preorder and wait for the package, much quicker and easier than standing in line.

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site

It sure was fun last year, sad to miss it this time, I doubt there will be half the people at the malls this time..

Last edited:

CG68

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I won't stand in a line to buy a phone. I'll either preorder or just stop @ one of the Vz store nearby and pick one up as long as there is no line. I did that once the day after Thanksgiving and got up early to get a deal on a monitor. Hopefully never again.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2