Any word from Sprint?

Thudstaff

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Wonder how I go about this.

My 3GS is on AT&T. My wife/kids have the 1400 minute unlimited data plan on Sprint. I want to get a 4S and switch to Sprint to save some money.

How do I do this relative to the preorder on Friday? I want to keep my old number and my current iTunes account (obviously). Am I supposed to order for in-store pickup on 10/14 at Sprint and just have them take care of it or can I have it shipped to my home and somehow activate it from here. Yeah, I'm sure it's a stupid question. I'm okay with that.

verwon

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Yes, two different Sprint reps told me yesterday that it'll be up for preorder on the 7th.

Mistress of Mischief

Thudstaff

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Yes, two different Sprint reps told me yesterday that it'll be up for preorder on the 7th.

Mistress of Mischief

Thanks. In-store pickup it is.

Now I'm wondering what to do with my 3GS. I suppose I could make it an iPod Touch once the phone side is shut down.

jd78

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
It's on the site now. Also at the bottom is a section where you can Pre-order the iPhone 4 now.

Can't post the direct link, but it's on their main page.

Thudstaff

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
I called the closest Sprint store near me. It is not a corporate store. They are taking preorders tomorrow morning in-store. Since I am switching from AT&T to Sprint, I'll need to go in the store to get my number switched from AT&T and get the phone added to my family's plan.

Is there a compelling reason to go to a corporate store versus a non-corporate store?

DreamOutLoud65

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I called the closest Sprint store near me. It is not a corporate store. They are taking preorders tomorrow morning in-store. Since I am switching from AT&T to Sprint, I'll need to go in the store to get my number switched from AT&T and get the phone added to my family's plan.

Is there a compelling reason to go to a corporate store versus a non-corporate store?

you can't preorder in any of the stores with sprint.. Online pre order sales only.

See this link: Sprint iPhone pre-sales will be handled online; no in-store pre-orders, no wait lists

verwon

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
I'd suggest calling customer service to get your answers. Because that is correct, they told me that on the phone, only online preorders.

Mistress of Mischief

Thudstaff

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
I'd suggest calling customer service to get your answers. Because that is correct, they told me that on the phone, only online preorders.

Mistress of Mischief

Thanks. I'm now thinking I got that info BECAUSE I called a non-corporate store. They were asking for a $50 deposit when I called.