Pre-Ordering

Neutrino

Banned
Jun 7, 2009
Visit site
So we will be able to pre-order from Apple on 10/7. I haven't heard anything specific from Verizon as to pre-ordering. Anyone know what time we should start pre-ordering on the 7th?

jaydenrobins08#AC

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
So if we all preorder the phone will we get it the day it is released? Fedex doesn't come to my house until like 2. Id almost rather just go to the Verizon store and get it at 10 in the morning!

CG68

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I just spoke with a Vz CS rep on the phone and he did confirm that they will be taking preorders on the 7th. The website should be updated within the next day or two to confirm this according to him. We shall see.

trevorjd14

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Port my number on pre-order

I would like to pre-order a Verizon iPhone 4S, and I currently have Sprint service. I would like to port my number to my new Verizon service. Has anyone ever done this before through the Apple Store on previous pre-orders? I would like to keep my number if possible, so just trying to get my options straight before Friday.

Thanks!

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I would like to pre-order a Verizon iPhone 4S, and I currently have Sprint service. I would like to port my number to my new Verizon service. Has anyone ever done this before through the Apple Store on previous pre-orders? I would like to keep my number if possible, so just trying to get my options straight before Friday.

Thanks!

I was in the same boat for the Verizon iPhone 4 launch. What I did was, bought a cheap Verizon flip phone from Craigslist, ported my # over with that phone, and it showed on my account that I was eligible for an upgrade. The on preorder, I was able to just order the phone no problem. It may work another way, but I wasn't going to risk it not working the right way.

Reactions: trevorjd14

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
If I order from Apple, will they recognize my vz new in 2 discount?

I don't think they do. I believe that the extra $50 new every 2 discount is only applied if you buy it from Verizon. You should be able to pre order from them too anyway.

DaPhoneking

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I don't think they do. I believe that the extra $50 new every 2 discount is only applied if you buy it from Verizon. You should be able to pre order from them too anyway.

This is true. Verizon corporate stores and (some) authorized retailers can see and honor the new every 2.

jake8188

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
here is my situtation, when I get the iphone i will have to put it under another lie on my account because they have an upgrade..when i preorder it. When I recieve it, how do i put my number on the line? This is for sprint also

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
here is my situtation, when I get the iphone i will have to put it under another lie on my account because they have an upgrade..when i preorder it. When I recieve it, how do i put my number on the line? This is for sprint also

Call up CS and they will easily be able to do this for you.

DaPhoneking

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site

On Verizon you can use another phone's upgrade eligibility and put the equipment under your number. It's called an Alternative Upgrade. You can do either online or in a store, but I would do it in a store to make sure it goes smoothly.

jake8188

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
so how do i do this when i preorder from apple? should i just do this and then call sprint when i recieve it and switch it to my line? sprint allows this

DaPhoneking

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
so how do i do this when i preorder from apple? should i just do this and then call sprint when i recieve it and switch it to my line? sprint allows this

I believe if you do go to an Apple Store and set it up for activation, there's an option on porting in a number. I did mine at a Verizon store so I dunno. Although you could just go to a Sprint store and do all of this. ;)

verwon

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site

You usually have to leave it on the upgrade line for 30 days, or they disqualify you for their instant rebates and add those amounts back to your bill.

Mistress of Mischief

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I spoke with Verizon CS last night and was told by the rep who is calling me back he will be in at 5:30am to start taking orders. Get in early or go home and wait a month.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77