What will they call the iPhone 6??

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
Seriously? They finally got the generation to match up with the name with the 4, and now they pull this 4S mega-blunder.

So will the 6 be called the 5? Or will they call it the 6? Or will they just keep using the 4, and call the next one the 4SS, for super speed, and keep the same design?

Reactions: Rex_Suggs

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Seriously? They finally got the generation to match up with the name with the 4, and now they pull this 4S mega-blunder.

So will the 6 be called the 5? Or will they call it the 6? Or will they just keep using the 4, and call the next one the 4SS, for super speed, and keep the same design?

Yeah. A6 chip and iOS 6 running on your iphone 5 in the future.

I didn't know there was a rule saying if the phone looks the same you can't jump up a number. If that were true for software, it'd still be iOS 1.5

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site

I didn't know there was a rule saying if the phone looks the same you can't jump up a number. If that were true for software, it'd still be iOS 1.5

Lol, so true, 4S just re-enforces the fact that it's the same phone but tweaked, and it's not going over well, people should see the things being said on other websites! Holy S&*t.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Is this marketing-gate for apple? Rene tried to reset expectations on the frontpage but that was futile. Apple can hype and keep secrecy like no other. Did it bite them this time? I'm pretty happy with the 4S but I know I'm in the minority.

Still, imo, there's nothing better out there at the present. It's more about software and ecosystem which maybe Apple should emphasize a bit more. Is a .5" larger screen that desirable if it's lesser quality? Once you get past all these redesign wants, people still tend to throw a case on it and all you see is the screen.

Seeing more no's than yes's on a tipb poll means Apple has some marketing problems. Surprising since Apple seems to always nail that aspect.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site

Oh god.. do you even remember iPhone OS 1.0?

I didn't know there was a rule that you have to change things that are already great just for the sake of changing them.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Oh god.. do you even remember iPhone OS 1.0?

I didn't know there was a rule that you have to change things that are already great just for the sake of changing them.

I don't think calling it the iphone 4S was already great. It caused a lot of negative chatter and will influence a lot of people's decisions. Choosing to simply not call it the iphone 5 will probably cost them a bit.

Look at google with their chrome browser. Every minor update went up a version number. Firefox has copied this. Firefox 8 sounds better than firefox 4.1.2. It's just common sense.

Doesn't matter to me personally as i find the 4S a very worthy upgrade.

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
Life must suck when you can't find anything better to do than spend all day posting on a forum about a product you don't even like...

Or being the douchebag that has nothing better to do than belittle everyone who has a different opinion then themselves.

Bias X

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
4S blunder?
The 5 will be the 5
The 6 will be the 6

The 3GS didn't deter the name of the 4, nor will the 4S with the 5.

DrewBear

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I don't think calling it the iphone 4S was already great. It caused a lot of negative chatter and will influence a lot of people's decisions. Choosing to simply not call it the iphone 5 will probably cost them a bit.

People have such short memories. There was a lot more fuss over the iPad name last year. Apple did not lose any sales because of the name. Anyone who says they're not buying the 4S because of the name probably wasn't going to buy it anyway. Apple's main concern for the immediate future is to build enough phones to meet the demand.

abra0063

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Look at the rest of Apple?s product line. There?s the iMac, iPod etc.. The iPhone 4S just doesn't work or fit in with the others, I think Apple will eventually drop the suffix and just make it "iPhone". What do you guys and gals think?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2