64GB @ $399 on contract...

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
After I've spent all this money over the last 3 years on apps and iTunes content? After all the work I have put into iOS applications? There's no effing way I'll be leaving the platform. But I sure as hell will be reserving my right to ***** about whatever I damn well please, thank you very much.

What is up with you guys and trying to silence people who voice any sort of negative opinion? I understand it gets annoying when the forum is inundated with new users or android trolls moaning but that's not me.

After thinking about it I'm ok with the 4S overall, and I'm still going to buy it. But this $399 price on a 2 or 3 year contract (3 here in Canada) is downright insulting to the people who have been buying iPhones every year...

And I think it's incredibly ignorant of them to increase the price of their top-end model when they are already putting out something that most people consider to be 'the same' as the iPhone 4.

You absolutely reserve the right to b*tch and moan about something you invest your own money into...i wouldn't try to silence you in that fashion at all, since that is the right of any consumer...no matter how idiotic you sound doing it.

I just think its funny that so many of the regular members of this website (and platform) are so upset over the release for one specific reason...the fact the phone wasn't redesigned. You can say it was for this reason or that reason...but when it comes down to it, if the phone had a bigger screen, and all the functionality they showed from the 4S...and had been called a "5" (for whatever insignificant reason that matters)...90% of you guys would be just fine and excited to plop your hard earned green backs down on the table for the new toy.

But keep being upset about it...all the way up to that card swipe and the opening of that fresh new iPhone box. I bet you the moaning stops there...just a hunch. :cool:

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
You absolutely reserve the right to b*tch and moan about something you invest your own money into...i wouldn't try to silence you in that fashion at all, since that is the right of any consumer...no matter how idiotic you sound doing it.

I just think its funny that so many of the regular members of this website (and platform) are so upset over the release for one specific reason...the fact the phone wasn't redesigned. You can say it was for this reason or that reason...but when it comes down to it, if the phone had a bigger screen, and all the functionality they showed from the 4S...and had been called a "5" (for whatever insignificant reason that matters)...90% of you guys would be just fine and excited to plop your hard earned green backs down on the table for the new toy.

But keep being upset about it...all the way up to that card swipe and the opening of that fresh new iPhone box. I bet you the moaning stops there...just a hunch. :cool:

I have gotten over the redesign, I've realized it doesn't matter. It doesn't change the fact that $399 for a phone on a 3 year contract is offensive.

liquidzoo

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Then buy the 32GB one for $299?

I want the larger storage model too, but not enough to pay $400 for it. I'll wait, for now. It will come down and I don't need 64GB of storage, as nice as it may be.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Then buy the 32GB one for $299?

I want the larger storage model too, but not enough to pay $400 for it. I'll wait, for now. It will come down and I don't need 64GB of storage, as nice as it may be.

The problem is that they've now introduced 1080p video, which will undoubtedly take up more space than the already sufficient 720p video we have now. And, knowing Apple, there will not be an option to film in 720p rather than 1080, and there also will be no such option to take 5 megapixel photos instead of 8...

liquidzoo

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
The problem is that they've now introduced 1080p video, which will undoubtedly take up more space than the already sufficient 720p video we have now. And, knowing Apple, there will not be an option to film in 720p rather than 1080, and there also will be no such option to take 5 megapixel photos instead of 8...

Very valid points.

I know what I use my iPhone for, and 32GB is enough for me (truth be told, 16GB might be enough, but I have a 32 just to be safe).

Unfortunately, I probably won't be getting a 4S, so it's a moot point. I will likely get a refurb 4 instead, depending on cost. My wife wants a 4 so she and our kids can Facetime with her mom, and we have a limited upgrade budget. I like my 3GS, but it's dated and due for an upgrade.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Very valid points.

I know what I use my iPhone for, and 32GB is enough for me (truth be told, 16GB might be enough, but I have a 32 just to be safe).

Unfortunately, I probably won't be getting a 4S, so it's a moot point. I will likely get a refurb 4 instead, depending on cost. My wife wants a 4 so she and our kids can Facetime with her mom, and we have a limited upgrade budget. I like my 3GS, but it's dated and due for an upgrade.

32 is just enough for me now, I have about 5GB to spare, but with 1080p video and 8MP stills I am definitely gonna be running really close to full, which is uncomfortable for me because I keep the entire series of both 30 Rock and Parks and Recreation on my iPhone for subway re-watching.. lol

Jimbos Jumbos

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site
i hesitate to say this, But GOOD. I am glad so many are upset about the $400 cost.

Makes my odds of getting one even better.

I have a 32GB iphone 4. I can sell it as a quick sale to ebay and get $300. I can auction it, and get even more (probably $350-$400). So, at the end of the day, I am trading a one year old phone for a new model with double the sotrage, for less then $100.

I will sell the wifes 3Gs (they are going for about $150).

Anyone else want to whine about the price?? Anyone else want to sell me their old iphones? I dont mind making money.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
i hesitate to say this, But GOOD. I am glad so many are upset about the $400 cost.

Makes my odds of getting one even better.

I have a 32GB iphone 4. I can sell it as a quick sale to ebay and get $300. I can auction it, and get even more (probably $350-$400). So, at the end of the day, I am trading a one year old phone for a new model with double the sotrage, for less then $100.

I will sell the wifes 3Gs (they are going for about $150).

Anyone else want to whine about the price?? Anyone else want to sell me their old iphones? I dont mind making money.

I am still buying it. Haha.

impaler

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
If the models are 16,32, and 64 makes since. $199,$299,$399 . I think 32 is fine for a heavy user like myself but for price. 16 has gotten me around just fine. With HD stuff being bigger files 32 I still think is perfect. When I hear someone say they are close to filling up there 64GB Iphone 4s I will say wow.

Prepare to say wow. I have well over 120GB of music, and damned near a TB of movies and TV shows. I like to carry as much music with me, for variety's sake, for the gym...and my 64GB iPad is always near capacity. I, for one, will welcome the storage.

nyc_rock

Sep 19, 2006
Visit site
No, it's not sarcasm. I'm really angry about this.

I feel really insulted by this. How can they do that when there are so many other compelling products on the market? Not a single surprising or compelling feature that makes me even want to upgrade and they want to charge $399.

Apple usually never increases the cost to increase capacity...

I honestly hope this phone is their least successful model ever and they learn a serious lesson. The ONLY surprise in this whole keynote is how UTTERLY DISAPPOINTING it was.

"Apple usually never increases the cost to increase capacity..."

How can you possibly say this? Every freekin product Apple makes is 100 bucks for each step up in memory. What planet did you just arrive from?

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
"Apple usually never increases the cost to increase capacity..."

How can you possibly say this? Every freekin product Apple makes is 100 bucks for each step up in memory. What planet did you just arrive from?

He was talking about when they started making the 32GB. They priced it the same as what the 16GB was, and then priced the 16GB what the 8GB was. Atleast that is how I think he sees it. I see his theory behind this, and was hoping the same would happen, but oh well.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711