64GB @ $399 on contract...

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
HOW DARE THEY....

Honestly this is just so insulting. How date they introduce any phone at $399 on contract. This is just a slap in the face to all their consumers.

It makes no difference to me because I'll be buying unlocked and it's a write off, but Jesus this is really insulting.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
HOW DARE THEY....

Honestly this is just so insulting. How date they introduce any phone at $399 on contract. This is just a slap in the face to all their consumers.

It makes no difference to me because I'll be buying unlocked and it's a write off, but Jesus this is really insulting.

hoping this is sarcasm lol. I mean what did people expect? Oh thats right you thought it would be 299 because they don't change the price like that:eek:

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
If the models are 16,32, and 64 makes since. $199,$299,$399 . I think 32 is fine for a heavy user like myself but for price. 16 has gotten me around just fine. With HD stuff being bigger files 32 I still think is perfect. When I hear someone say they are close to filling up there 64GB Iphone 4s I will say wow.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
hoping this is sarcasm lol. I mean what did people expect? Oh thats right you thought it would be 299 because they don't change the price like that:eek:

No, it's not sarcasm. I'm really angry about this.

I feel really insulted by this. How can they do that when there are so many other compelling products on the market? Not a single surprising or compelling feature that makes me even want to upgrade and they want to charge $399.

Apple usually never increases the cost to increase capacity...

I honestly hope this phone is their least successful model ever and they learn a serious lesson. The ONLY surprise in this whole keynote is how UTTERLY DISAPPOINTING it was.

Last edited:

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
No, it's not sarcasm. I'm really angry about this.

I feel really insulted by this. How can they do that when there are so many other compelling products on the market? Not a single surprising or compelling feature that makes me even want to upgrade and they want to charge $399.

Apple usually never increases the cost to increase capacity...

I honestly hope this phone is their least successful model ever and they learn a serious lesson. The ONLY surprise in this whole keynote is how UTTERLY DISAPPOINTING it was.

If you're so disappointed, and think there's another product that will meet your needs, by all means, GET THAT... then go inhabit their version of TiPB's forums, and don't hang around here just to whine, complain, and b*tch. Exit stage left and take the attitude with you.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
lol @ anger over a higher storage iPhone that costs more...do you cry over the price of a gallon of milk vs. the half gallons?

Apple are just a bunch of bullies huh? lmfao!

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
I plan on preordering. It's just apple bucks. Sell old, buy new. Break even and pay nothing out of pocket. Same old story.

This is basically what i was wanting. Same size screen, better processor, camera, and more storage.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
If you're so disappointed, and think there's another product that will meet your needs, by all means, GET THAT... then go inhabit their version of TiPB's forums, and don't hang around here just to whine, complain, and b*tch. Exit stage left and take the attitude with you.

Exactly. If you're unhappy, stop whining and go vote for another device with your shoes and your wallet. I'm disappointed, but it is what it is.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
lol @ anger over a higher storage iPhone that costs more...do you cry over the price of a gallon of milk vs. the half gallons?

Apple are just a bunch of bullies huh? lmfao!

What? The grocery expects me to pay more for a full gallon of milk than I pay for a half-gallon? Well, no wonder everyone is pi$$ing and moaning. :eek:

BrindawithanI

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I thought I saw 8GB, 32GB & 64GB?? Am I wrong on that?

So what does this mean for the old iP4 prices? Would anyone want a new 4s/8GB for $199 when they could get a 4/16GB for $199 or possibly $99???

tmadsen

May 28, 2009
Visit site
What I think he means is that when they introduced the 32gb phone, they didn't up the $299 fee before. Plus, for a 2-year contract, $399 for a phone is kind of expensive, IMO. Sometimes, I see prices for $350 on contract, but there is usually some sort of rebate for $50+. I personally wouldn't pay that much for a phone (or even need that much storage), but I do see OP's frustration. iCloud makes that much storage seem unnecessary, again, in my opinion. That wouldn't be accurate for some people, I know. I was disappointed too. :(

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
So what's the speculation on what all this means for the iP4 prices? Would you buy an 8GB 4s over a 16GB 4 for the same price?

Bigger pic & video files with 8 MP camera and 1080p video. Even with icloud, 8gb just isn't a lot. Still if just those two phones, i'd get the 4S.

I know i'm getting the 64gb one. Haven't decided on color. Probably black again as i use in car a lot.

Last edited:

liquidzoo

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
So what's the speculation on what all this means for the iP4 prices? Would you buy an 8GB 4s over a 16GB 4 for the same price?

There is no 8GB 4S. The 8GB model is the iPhone 4, much like they did with the 3GS last year when the 4 came out. The 4S comes in 16, 32, and 64GB models.

BrindawithanI

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
There is no 8GB 4S. The 8GB model is the iPhone 4, much like they did with the 3GS last year when the 4 came out. The 4S comes in 16, 32, and 64GB models.

Hmmm... So does this mean that they'll just do away with/not continue to sell the 16 & 32gb 4's (last years model)?

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Hmmm... So does this mean that they'll just do away with/not continue to sell the 16 & 32gb 4's (last years model)?

I suspect that they will sell off what inventory that they have left. If you could buy an iPhone 4 or and iPhone 4S for the same price, which would you choose?

BrindawithanI

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I suspect that they will sell off what inventory that they have left. If you could buy an iPhone 4 or and iPhone 4S for the same price, which would you choose?

Well 4s obviously! ;) I'm just wondering for the sake of those who were hoping for a price drop on the iP4.