64GB @ $399 on contract...

Bias X

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
lol @ anger over a higher storage iPhone that costs more...do you cry over the price of a gallon of milk vs. the half gallons?

Apple are just a bunch of bullies huh? lmfao!

This is the only response that needs to be read on this thread.
Every iPhone has had that 100$ increase for the double memory, why this surprises you is beyond me. (exception would be the 3GS from 8GB to 16GB)
Linky link

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
64G...that a lot of storage. Why in the world do you need that much for a phone?
Someone that shoots a lot of video with their phone... or someone that wants to have a lot of HD tv shows or movies from their iTunes library on their phone.... or someone with a serious app fetish :D

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
64G...that a lot of storage. Why in the world do you need that much for a phone?
I have a lot of HD movies on my iPhone and it has taken up almost all of my storage on my 16GB, I cant put all the movies and music, apps too that I want. 64 is perfect for people like me.

Bias X

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I use to be that person, who desired to have all music/movies/photos/etc. on my iPod/iPhone. But after time i realized all i was doing was wasting my money and space. I hardly ever flip through my photos, only watch videos on long drives (which i now have netflix for). As for music, i like to switch it up a lot. Keeps me on my toes always looking for new music.

bellizima

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
LMAO - 400 for this phone is an insult. But any dumbarse that buys it deserves being taken to the cleaners.
Android and RIM are laughing their butts off today...

pilsbury

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm going to sell my i4 for $350, and buy the 32GB model with the upgrade I've been saving for three months. Spot on cardfan!

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
LMAO - 400 for this phone is an insult. But any dumbarse that buys it deserves being taken to the cleaners.
Android and RIM are laughing their butts off today...

Why are they laughing? Because another Apple product is about to take sales away from them again? Doesn't seem like a humorous business activity to me...but then again, you're prob another one of these people that think this phone is some how going to "hurt" Apple.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Why are they laughing? Because another Apple product is about to take sales away from them again? Doesn't seem like a humorous business activity to me...but then again, you're prob another one of these people that think this phone is some how going to "hurt" Apple.

It isn't going to help them the way previous iphones helped them. Not to mention you can get an sgs2 that has a slot for an sd card +16gb on board storage for $199

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Not thrilled at the price for a 64GB version, but that is what I am ordering. I want the storage capacity and this is the ONLY phone on the market today offering 64GB. Combine iCloud and the ability to delete and re-download apps, stream music (if you pay the $24.99) its all worth it to me. Consider this, the Droid Charge was $299 on contract and that had far less storage space so really for $100 more than that you get a lot more.

This is coming from a former Android user.

easyrun99

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
The only part of the pricing that tweaks me just a tad is that the Nano's price increases $20 for doubling memory...I understand the product line is different, but the memory isn't actually worth the $100 increase unless you truly NEED it. But that's why they make mutliple levels, so we can make that choice.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Not thrilled at the price for a 64GB version, but that is what I am ordering. I want the storage capacity and this is the ONLY phone on the market today offering 64GB. Combine iCloud and the ability to delete and re-download apps, stream music (if you pay the $24.99) its all worth it to me. Consider this, the Droid Charge was $299 on contract and that had far less storage space so really for $100 more than that you get a lot more.

This is coming from a former Android user.

The difference is you can increase storage with an sd card so you dont need to spend the extra 100

j7469

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
You really shouldn't be upset with the pricing structure as it is since there are 3 versions now, what you could possibly be upset with is that they decided to keep the 16gb version. The last time Apple increased the cheaper iPhone's capacity (8 to 16gb on 3Gs), they kept the same pricing 199/299. Now that they are selling three versions, 199/299/399 makes sense.

Either way don't buy it if you don't want it!

AgentHeracles

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Well, why didn't they just release the 4s with 32 and 64gb and keep the prices as it was for the iPhone 4 and not even release a 16gb version? This to me would make more sense along with announcing off contract pricing for those that burned through an upgrade to get a phone that worked(9650 from Tour that shouldn't have been given to me) because of the announcement for the 4 was 8 months after for Verizon.

DJ

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
It isn't going to help them the way previous iphones helped them. Not to mention you can get an sgs2 that has a slot for an sd card +16gb on board storage for $199

It'll sell just fine...and will put money in their pockets in bulks just like all the other iPhones did before. Again, some of you guys are fooling yourselves if you think this will be anything but a cash cow for Apple...

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
If you're so disappointed, and think there's another product that will meet your needs, by all means, GET THAT... then go inhabit their version of TiPB's forums, and don't hang around here just to whine, complain, and b*tch. Exit stage left and take the attitude with you.

After I've spent all this money over the last 3 years on apps and iTunes content? After all the work I have put into iOS applications? There's no effing way I'll be leaving the platform. But I sure as hell will be reserving my right to ***** about whatever I damn well please, thank you very much.

What is up with you guys and trying to silence people who voice any sort of negative opinion? I understand it gets annoying when the forum is inundated with new users or android trolls moaning but that's not me.

After thinking about it I'm ok with the 4S overall, and I'm still going to buy it. But this $399 price on a 2 or 3 year contract (3 here in Canada) is downright insulting to the people who have been buying iPhones every year...

And I think it's incredibly ignorant of them to increase the price of their top-end model when they are already putting out something that most people consider to be 'the same' as the iPhone 4.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711