• Yes

Votes: 257 65.7%
  • No

Votes: 134 34.3%

• Total voters

Caballera

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
My wife will be upgrading her 3GS to the 4S, I think I'll still with my 4 (non-S) for awhile, possible till the 6th Gen iPhone is released. It's not that the iPhone 4S is 'bad', just I had hopes of a screen size increase, a thinner iPhone 4S (5), NFC, better audio and since it was delayed so long, was hoping for LTE. Guess I was hoping for too much :D. I'm looking forward to iOS5, and iCloud and think my current iPhone 4 should carry me over till next summer/early fall.

I will be getting a 3rd line and getting an Android phone, hoping for a Nexus Prime (or whatever they call it) but it wouldn't be my main phone and would be mostly for development. Plus i just want a different toy and have no need for a iPad. The next Nexus phone should be fun to play with, and I want to check out ICS.

I wouldn't switch to WP7, even with Mango, I have a Samsung Focus with Mango and while it's much improved, it's more like a smartphone with training wheels. The twitter and FB integration are rather useless as I end up having to go back to the separate apps for those two services anyway. The Live Tiles are slow to update, even on Mango, and the new notifications are kinda fugly. I do like IE9 and how you can make groups, but don't care for the switching Live Tiles for the People Hub or Group Hub. However if I was a new smartphone user I would definitely get it. Also I have a lot invested in Apple's ecosystem.

bberrynewbie84

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
My droid x last 12 hours on medium to heavy use,but Im thinking about getting itsince I dont have an iphone and want one. I know if I got the 32 GB,I could sell it for about 600 bucks and then buy the prime

That and the screen size? I realize it's a personal preference but I don't want a Droid x that lasts 4 hours, never did have a hankerin for android. For me the iPhone just works, I still love it so!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
You probably never owned a droid x because it lasts just as long as the iphone and has a much larger screen.

I did own the Droid X and the battery life was horrible even with the expensive extended battery. iPhone blows it away by hours. And the Droid os is horrible compared to iPhone. Not upgrading yet. Got the 4 in march. Wanna see how iOS 5 runs on this before I decide.

END

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
Undecided.

Wanted it to have a bigger screen, a little design change, and (never counted on this) more of a move away from itunes.
We shall see, we are due in 2 months, so we will in addition to the 4s consider other phones.

:)

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
My droid x last 12 hours on medium to heavy use,but Im thinking about getting itsince I dont have an iphone and want one. I know if I got the 32 GB,I could sell it for about 600 bucks and then buy the prime

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

The verizon versions seem to have a lower resale value than the gsm counterparts so most likely you won't get that much unless you only keep it for a few days and then sell it.

Scout_313

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I'll be waiting until after the 11th before I make my decision. While I do like Windows Phone 7 on my Trophy, I'm seriously missing an app that I use for my work schedule that is only available on Android, iOS, and BlackBerry. Personally, I would have much preferred the 4S to have a slightly larger screen, notification LED, aluminum backing, and capacitive home button. I have a funny feeling that this might not sell out so I may check it out in person before I decide whether or not to get it.

briankeith513

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Why is everyone obsessed with LTE? Is that like 4G? And if so, won't that run down the battery?

Honest questions! Not being sarcastic.

Well, LTE is by far, the fastest of the current "4G" networks. I have 2 LTE phones from Verizon, and I average 24mbps on the downlink....faster than my Comcast Internet. The Iphone 4S's HSDPA+ theoretical speed in the USA is not even that fast, at 14.4. Yeah, LTE is pretty amazing.

briankeith513

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I just realized the much anticipated and needed maps update was missing as well.

Just what on Earth has Apple been doing the past 16 months??? If it took them 16 months for this, and they couldn't even update the maps app, or change the design so people can tell it's the new one, that is shockingly pathetic.

Yeah, I thought I read some where that there would be a map update.

Dark_Blu

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
If the Nexus Prime is not a world phone, doesn't come to Sprint, and if ICS is nothing more than interface tweaks, then yes, I'll gladly pony up for an iPhone 4S on December 1st.

That is, unless it doesn't support all of my Google Services :

Google Talk
Google Voice
Gmail
Google +

I'm not currently an iPhone user, but am certainly likely to become one given that I'm a musician and certain apps that suck on Android or are only available for the iPhone, are pushing me toward that pitcher of Koolaid. So if anyone knows for a fact that the above Google services do work on the iPhone 4 (which means they are likely to work on the iPhone 4S), pour me some grape Koolaid. I've heard all the BS about the great hardware the Android vendors make but the Android OS enrages me to the point of needing anger management. I had a chance to play with an iPhone 4 at a Verizon store recently and it took everything in me to not cancel Sprint and bounce then, just to get one, so even though it's not an iPhone 5 and doesn't have 4G at all, I'd get it. Google has one last chance next week to keep me interested, but to be honest, I'm ready to bail.

Last edited:

DaPhoneking

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
If the Nexus Prime is not a world phone, doesn't come to Sprint, and if ICS is nothing more than interface tweaks, then yes, I'll gladly pony up for an iPhone 4S on December 1st.

Google Talk
Google Voice
Gmail
Google +

If the iPhone 4S doesn't support all of my Google services, and the Nexus Prime isn't available, then I reckon I'll have to think of something else....

I dunno about Google+ but I know on the others it does.

Dark_Blu

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Well, I can always use the web browser to access Google Plus if there is no app for it in the App store. Thank you. That makes my decision easier. It's up to Google not to give me good reasons to stick with their platform and that's going to be a tough sell, because I've got one foot out the door and Siri is calling my name... :)

Dark_Blu

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
I know that many of you are disappointed that there was no iPhone 5. The Android fan boys will use this as an opportunity to kick dirt all over Apple. I however think that Apple will still sell millions of them because some of us who bought into all the Android hype are sick to death of memory leaks, soft reboots, and apps that suck. Seriously. APPS THAT SUCK. APPS THAT CRASH. And the Android Market being hit with Malware because there is no certification process for apps. Yea. Open platform. Big deal. FRAGMENTATION, as EVERYONE overlays a USELESS, MEMORY HOGGING UI on top of an Android OS that is supposedly OPEN but those UI overlays are FORCED on the users, with no way to remove them. YES, you can use some other launcher, and tinker with the phone, and root it, and install other ROMS, and blah blah blah. I'm a busy musician. I don't have time to Jack around with a damn phone. I need the phone to just work and that just isn't happening with Android. NOT unless ICS is better than this Gingerbread POS.

So really, anyone who doesn't want this iPhone, that's cool. I should have no problem picking one up on December 1st then and having an ALL DAY iPHONE PARTY with a phone that just fricken WORKS.

DaPhoneking

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I know that many of you are disappointed that there was no iPhone 5. The Android fan boys will use this as an opportunity to kick dirt all over Apple. I however think that Apple will still sell millions of them because some of us who bought into all the Android hype are sick to death of memory leaks, soft reboots, and apps that suck. Seriously. APPS THAT SUCK. APPS THAT CRASH. And the Android Market being hit with Malware because there is no certification process for apps. Yea. Open platform. Big deal. FRAGMENTATION, as EVERYONE overlays a USELESS, MEMORY HOGGING UI on top of an Android OS that is supposedly OPEN but those UI overlays are FORCED on the users, with no way to remove them. YES, you can use some other launcher, and tinker with the phone, and root it, and install other ROMS, and blah blah blah. I'm a busy musician. I don't have time to Jack around with a damn phone. I need the phone to just work and that just isn't happening with Android. NOT unless ICS is better than this Gingerbread POS.

So really, anyone who doesn't want this iPhone, that's cool. I should have no problem picking one up on December 1st then and having an ALL DAY iPHONE PARTY with a phone that just fricken WORKS.

I'll agree on the assessment that they'll sell quite the few, but I don't think it will be as big as the iPhone 4. I predict the majority of sales will be Sprint users, and iPhone 3GS users looking to upgrade....

Caballera

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site

Google Talk
Google Voice
Gmail
Google +

I'm not currently an iPhone user, but am certainly likely to become one given that I'm a musician and certain apps that suck on Android or are only available for the iPhone, are pushing me toward that pitcher of Koolaid. So if anyone knows for a fact that the above Google services do work on the iPhone 4 (which means they are likely to work on the iPhone 4S), pour me some grape Koolaid. I've heard all the BS about the great hardware the Android vendors make but the Android OS enrages me to the point of needing anger management. I had a chance to play with an iPhone 4 at a Verizon store recently and it took everything in me to not cancel Sprint and bounce then, just to get one, so even though it's not an iPhone 5 and doesn't have 4G at all, I'd get it. Google has one last chance next week to keep me interested, but to be honest, I'm ready to bail.

I use Google Voice, Gmail, Google+ on my iPhone 4. I don't believe there is a Google Talk app, but the others do have apps.

Google apps I see in the app store:

Google+
Google Search
Google Earth
Google Translate
Google Voice
Google Places
Google Books
Google Latitude
Google shopper
Google TV Remote
Google Authenticator
Google Blogger
Google Panoramio

Looks like there are some 3rd party Google Talk apps.. never tried them though.

Reactions: Dark_Blu

melwan

Dec 3, 2008
Visit site
Most likely not, because I jumped on the iP4 wagon less than 6 months ago. But, definitely I'm never repeating the Nexus One experience.

Not a single Android phone for me anymore.

All in all, iP4 with iOS 5 is pretty much all I need in a phone for now. Amazing battery life, smooth experience, good functional apps to get this actually done.

Reactions: Dark_Blu

mikah15

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
I kinda feel relieved. I just got the iPhone 4 a month ago and I was worried I would regret not waiting. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chenzo51

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Only buying because AT&T gives me a full upgrade every 12 mo. Siri is going to be nice but more excited about ios5 for things like split keyboard on my iPad. I probably would not get if not a full upgrade speed is nice but no for 6+ bills

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW