View Poll Results: Will you purchase the new iPhone?
- 391. You may not vote on this poll
- 10-08-2011, 01:58 AM #226iPhone Nanite
- 9 Posts
I don't get the people who opt for expensive AT&T plans, buying a $199 phone and then paying well over $2000 in a two-year commitment to the carrier.
I'll stick with my plan: I'll buy a contract-free iPhone for around $700, then select a $20 carrier plan which includes enough minutes and unlimited data (I live in Europe). So in addition to long term savings I get no commitment, just pure fun
- 10-08-2011, 06:48 AM #227
- 10-08-2011, 09:47 AM #228
- 10-08-2011, 02:19 PM #229
- 10-08-2011, 05:06 PM #230
- 10-08-2011, 08:07 PM #231
- 10-08-2011, 08:12 PM #232
Last edited by paul-c; 10-08-2011 at 08:14 PM. Reason: typo
- 10-08-2011, 10:25 PM #233
- 10-09-2011, 12:19 AM #234
No because I got another year and a half on my contract and I'm happy with the IP4. iOS 5 will make it feel like a new phone when it comes out. By time I'm ready for an upgrade, the IP5 should be out.
Hopefully they don't make larger screens because any bigger, the iPhone would be too big. Like a brick those other smartphones are.
- 10-09-2011, 08:47 AM #235
- 10-09-2011, 09:06 AM #236
- 10-09-2011, 09:43 AM #237
So we may as well save money on the price of the phone.
I know a contract isn't for everybody, but it helps us to get a good phone cheaper.
- 10-09-2011, 10:06 AM #238
- 10-09-2011, 03:42 PM #239iMore Intermediate
- 135 Posts
Yes- techically it will be my wife's. Anout 6 months ago she switched from an iPhone 3GS on AT&T to Virgin Mobile with an Android phone. We saved some money with the amazing $25 a month plan but she has been really unhappy not only with the phone itself but Android OS but with Virgin Mobile. The voice quality has been really bad. We never had any issues with AT&T. She is very excited about returning to the iOS fold! And since I have an iPhone 4 we are looking forward to using iMessage and FaceTime.
- 10-09-2011, 07:43 PM #240
- 10-09-2011, 08:01 PM #241
- 10-09-2011, 09:34 PM #242
- 10-09-2011, 10:35 PM #243
BTW, I'm curious how many people will go for the AT&T $0 iPhone 3GS? Give that to kids with a $15/250MB data plan and load one of the unlimited SMS/text apps, maybe even Google Voice. Tell 'em you're gonna dock their allowance if they stream video or download stuff that pushes data above the limit. And tell them that they're not getting a new iPod for Christmas.
- 10-09-2011, 10:45 PM #244
- 10-09-2011, 11:03 PM #245
I am ALL ABOUT the new iPhone 4S. I personally think the iPhone 4 is still the best looking phone there is, so in reality I don't need a change. In fact I didn't love the renders I had seen with the tapered back. There is also a big change to the internals. Go use a 3G next to a 3GS. Are these the same phone? No! They look the same but the 3GS is superior in MANY ways. The same goes for the iPhone 4S.
- 10-09-2011, 11:31 PM #246
- 10-10-2011, 01:04 AM #247
- 10-10-2011, 09:08 AM #249
- 10-10-2011, 09:10 AM #250