Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

Default I'm Tired of Defending Android I Want To be a Apple Fan Boy!

so I've been on hear in the past defending Google/Android but I just can't defend them anymore.know matter how much hardware they put in there Android still can get buggy at times.Just recently I had 75%battery life a hour later with no use it was down to 10% Some app went nuts and drained my battery.
    I've had the iphone 3GS in the post and although boring it was stable and very smooth .Also with Android you start getting OCD with the nine million dkfferent thing you can do with it .I need simplicity I don't need to be looking at my phone every then minuted to check the battery .
    So I guess for me Apple wins and I look forward to iphone 5 OR iphone 4S Release in Oct.Thanks
    MrszBerry and RoboWarrior like this.
    iPhone Elite

Global Posts
    2,485 Global Posts

Haha, well you don't need to be an Apple fanboy in order to stop defending Android.

The whole thing is so Britney / Christina... If you like one thing, it doesn't mean you have to dislike the other. I have an iPhone 4 and I also have some Android things for development and testing. I like them both. The only reason I use iPhone 4 as my daily driver is because I find it easier to use/more intuitive, more reliable, better battery life, and a lot of my apps/media are in the iTunes ecosystem.
     iPhone 4 32GB
     MacBook Air 13.3" (May 2011)
     iPad 2 16GB
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    3,804 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I recently had an HTC Inspire along with of course my 14. The Android platform is not bad at all, it has it's strengths and weaknesses, just as all do. But no device I've ever owned does as many things, and does them all very well, as this i4. I'm chomping at the bit to get my new i5.
    iPhone 5
    iPad Mini
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    3,539 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    10B329

That'll be 400 bucks. It's called an Apple tax. Send to my paypal and I assure you it'll get forwarded in some form to Apple.
    blah blah blah witty signature blah blah blah
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    50 Global Posts

I am doing the android switch as well. Good bye DX, hello iPhone
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    382 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Welcome to the other side. I came from the EVO back in January and haven't really looked back. They both have their ups and downs as Jellotime91 stated. I loved being able to basically customize everything with Android but I also love with my iPhone how "it just works". The smaller screen size took a while to get used to so I'm hoping the next iPhone has a bigger screen. Battery blows any Android phone away by far. I do just sit back and laugh though a lot when reading these forums at the true "fanbois" who will have it no other way. Steve Jobs could be the devil, but to them that doesn't matter because well... the iPhone. The only thing I ever noticed on other Android forums was the bashing of people theming their phones using MIUI ROM which looks very similar to the iPhone. Either way I'm happy with my iPhone and could possible switch back to Android as well. Both great choices.

Global Posts
    3,498 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I am actually strongly considering the Samsung Galaxy S2 that launches this Sunday. I like the larger screen and vibrant colors. I have owned and used both android and iOS devices. I know that we can all agree that iOS apps have better polish, however the strongest selling point with android to me is having options. For example the web browsing experience on android is just better IMO. I can double tap a article and have the option for the text to automatically wrap into view. I can flick my finger and the web page will actually scroll all the way to the bottom without multiple flicks on iOS. Sync with Google services are fantastic and I love the fact that Turn by Turn GPS is built into the maps application and you can actually click on a hyperlink to an address and the phone will take you there. iOS 5 beta has shown awesome integration with iCloud, and I look forward to the speculated Voice control acquired from Siri (have you used that app? It's awesome.) ... So in the end for me both platforms have considerable strengths. For me a lot will ride on what hardware is released on Tuesday. The software is great, now I need a hardware platform to enjoy it. Bigger Screen, Faster Processor, I don't care if it's thinner or lighter :-)
    Premium1 likes this.
    iPhone Newbie

wait till you hear about what the iPhone 6 has in store. jk

The great thing about apple is that their newest device at release date has the power and performance you want, plus the ease of use you would expect from apple.

The only bad thing is they don't release a bunch of different phones and release a phone once a year, so their specs do become outdated, however this does not make it an inferior product, but people always want the newest "" chip although they have no idea what its for or how they could even benefit from such a device.
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    3,599 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Root 4.4.2

I've never had an Android phone, so i can't comment about them. I went from Blackberry to iPhone, and never looked back. My neighbor however, has an Evo HD, and won't give it up for any other phone. I guess whatever works for you, is best.
    Give yourself, to the Dark Side!
    iPhone Beginner

iOS Version
    5b7

Quote Originally Posted by accessoriesguy View Post
    wait till you hear about what the iPhone 6 has in store. jk

The great thing about apple is that their newest device at release date has the power and performance you want, plus the ease of use you would expect from apple.

The only bad thing is they don't release a bunch of different phones and release a phone once a year, so their specs do become outdated, however this does not make it an inferior product, but people always want the newest "" chip although they have no idea what its for or how they could even benefit from such a device.
    Apple's iOS device specs are basically meaningless, which is why you'll never see them except on a tech specs page. iOS will always run smoothly on the latest hardware, even a year later.

iOS 5 is proving to be exceptionally smooth on iPhone 4, which isn't too surprising, but I wonder how many Android phones can say the same a year later.

Hell, my original iPad runs iOS 5 smoothly and it's not even current-generation.

So even though the specs may be "outdated", that hardly matters. Apple codes their software to simply work and work well with their hardware, no matter what the specs sheet looks like. And a lot of people love that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Jellotime91 likes this.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    13,158 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Battery much better on iPhone over Android. Come on over. The water is warm.
    iPhone Elite

Global Posts
    2,485 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Garz View Post
    Battery much better on iPhone over Android. Come on over. The water is warm.
    Cause I peed in it.
     iPhone 4 32GB
     MacBook Air 13.3" (May 2011)
     iPad 2 16GB
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    167 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jonifine123 View Post
    so I've been on hear in the past defending Google/Android but I just can't defend them anymore.know matter how much hardware they put in there Android still can get buggy at times.Just recently I had 75%battery life a hour later with no use it was down to 10% Some app went nuts and drained my battery.
    I've had the iphone 3GS in the post and although boring it was stable and very smooth .Also with Android you start getting OCD with the nine million dkfferent thing you can do with it .I need simplicity I don't need to be looking at my phone every then minuted to check the battery .
    So I guess for me Apple wins and I look forward to iphone 5 OR iphone 4S Release in Oct.Thanks
    Where have you been doing this defending since this is your first and only post and you just registered in September? Shill posting to defend the iPhone on an iPhone blog?
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    147 Global Posts

I have both iPhone 4 and SGS2, before the latter came out I'd had enough of the poor battery life with Android but the dual core processor must be making a difference as now there really is nothing to choose between the two regarding battery.
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts

Default Re: I'm Tired of Defending Android I Want To be a Apple Fan Boy!

Battery isn't bad if you have Motorola phone like droid 1,2 droid bionic, 3,RAZR or RAZR hd
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    415 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I switched from a Samsung Epic to an iPhone and never went back.
    Current Apple Devices : MacBook Pro 13" (i7-2012) | iPhone 5S White 32gb (VZ) | iPad Air 128gb White (VZ) | iPad mini 64gb White WiFi | iPod Classic 160gb | Apple TV | Mac mini (2011)

Global Posts
    11,430 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Note the date of the original post...
    Keith - iMore Moderator - The Mobile Nations/iMore Forum Rules
     iPhone5 on VZW;  iPad(2012) - wifi with BadElf for GPS
    "When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser." -- Socrates
    iMore Newbie

I have the Razr Maxx, but I'm tempted to get iphone 5. I have the new ipad4.

Sent from my Razr Maxx!
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,563 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 182

stupid *** thread
    kch50428 likes this.

Global Posts
    3,905 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Lol why do people really to pick sides at this point? Don't you guys have better things to do?
    Wrote pretty much every single word while listening to iRon Maiden
    tlbaker1 likes this.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jsntrenkler View Post
    I am actually strongly considering the Samsung Galaxy S2 that launches this Sunday. I like the larger screen and vibrant colors. I have owned and used both android and iOS devices. I know that we can all agree that iOS apps have better polish, however the strongest selling point with android to me is having options. For example the web browsing experience on android is just better IMO. I can double tap a article and have the option for the text to automatically wrap into view. I can flick my finger and the web page will actually scroll all the way to the bottom without multiple flicks on iOS. Sync with Google services are fantastic and I love the fact that Turn by Turn GPS is built into the maps application and you can actually click on a hyperlink to an address and the phone will take you there. iOS 5 beta has shown awesome integration with iCloud, and I look forward to the speculated Voice control acquired from Siri (have you used that app? It's awesome.) ... So in the end for me both platforms have considerable strengths. For me a lot will ride on what hardware is released on Tuesday. The software is great, now I need a hardware platform to enjoy it. Bigger Screen, Faster Processor, I don't care if it's thinner or lighter :-)
    I've got a friend who has one and I have to say it's pretty impressive. I think they both have their merits.
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts

I know right lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedygi View Post
    Lol why do people really to pick sides at this point? Don't you guys have better things to do?

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts

I own both iPhone 4S and HTC Desire V (Android). IMHO: iPhone is better, more intuitive (something that Android can't argue with). In addition - I'm losing the excitement in any new Android phones let it be Samsung, HTC, LG, Motorola, cause they are all look the same, move the same, and function the same.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    6,060 Global Posts
    iOS Version

to the op. why defend something if it works best for you?

its just a phone......

Global Posts
    13,782 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Use whatever device works for you.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast