Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts

Default UNLOCKED iPhone 5 ????

So, I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere or it's just been hidden in the mountains of junk press that as been generated by the upcoming lalapalooza in Cupertino...

ANYWHERE, has it been mentioned that the iPhone 5 will come "unlocked".??? Will we need to have a way for it to be 'unlocked"..???

I ponder this question because there are LOTS of ways carriers manipulate smartphone code, mostly for the worst, that highly restricts the USER from even attempting to 'unlock' the device.

Here what's driving the question... I've been a T-Mumble user for 13 years. and the letter from the Neanderthal that claims to be the CMO of T-Mumble USA this week was the last straw for me with that group of amateurs. I want an iPhone 5, I want it unlocked and I want to be able to choose where I put it and on what carrier without being told I MUST keep it on a certain carrier.

Is there a light at the end of that tunnel??

Thanks for the response in advance...

Ron
    iPhone Elite

Global Posts
    2,485 Global Posts

It will definitely be available at Apple stores everywhere unlocked. Any iPhones purchased by carriers or with carrier contracts will, as usual, be locked to that carrier.

T-Mobile will still not be able to support iPhone 5 on 3G.
     iPhone 4 32GB
     MacBook Air 13.3" (May 2011)
     iPad 2 16GB
    Thanked by:
    Winski (09-29-2011)
    iPhone Nanite

Hello! Do you happen to know how I can get the ipa for the maquest 4 mobile app version 2.5.2?
    iPhone Elite

Global Posts
    2,485 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tashasmith111 View Post
    Hello! Do you happen to know how I can get the ipa for the maquest 4 mobile app version 2.5.2?
    First of all, you are asking this in the wrong forum..

Second, we do not support piracy here, period.
     iPhone 4 32GB
     iPad 2 16GB
    iPhone Nanite

if you are offended i apologize. I am new to the forum and really just needed help with an issue. And if the app is free is it still piracy? IDK. but anyways I did not mean to offend you.

Have a great day and thanks for your response!
    iPhone Elite

Global Posts
    2,485 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tashasmith111 View Post
    if you are offended i apologize. I am new to the forum and really just needed help with an issue. And if the app is free is it still piracy? IDK. but anyways I did not mean to offend you.

Have a great day and thanks for your response!
    I'm not personally offended I just wanted to make it clear that we don't support piracy... I don't know if it would legally be considered piracy if the app is free, but then why do you need the ipa instead of downloading it from the app store? :P

You can ask about this in the jailbreak forum.
     iPhone 4 32GB
     iPad 2 16GB
    iPhone Nanite

I upgraded the app to and I would much rather have the older version. I no longer have access to my old computer which has the older version on it If you can think of a way to assist please do (even though this is the wrong forum . I created my own thread, but I don't know if it's in the right forum either. LOL! (newbie)