Why isnt Verizon blocking vacation time?

flybub

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
I see reports of Apple and AT&T stores blocking vacation time in October but, why isn't Verizon doing the same? This worries me a little bit. Not too long ago Verizon sided with Samsung on a lawsuit against Apple...cause for concern?

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Maybe because they feel they will have enough staff on hand and since they will be doing preorders that will take some of the people away from coming in to stores.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
First of all, we do not know that they aren't. They may very well be, but the info has not leaked yet...

Second, that may not be their policy. And since the iPhone 4 launch on Verizon wasn't that big, they may be underestimating the iPhone 5 launch.

I highly doubt Verizon will not be getting the same device as AT&T at launch. Bell and Telus got the 3GS late in 2009, but in June they still got the iPhone 4 on the same day as Rogers. Just for example.

fmflex

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
From what I have been reading, the next iPhone is gsm and CDMA. So Verizon should be getting it at launch.

Sent from my iPhone -Tapatalk

Click

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
Verizon will get a large portion of their orders out of the way via pre-orders with overnight shipping.

Agreed. I can tell you I wouldn't go to a VZW store to buy anything. Before I got my VZW iPhone 4 I would order offline, I hate dealing with their reps. Plus when it comes to Apple products I only buy from Apple stores. For the longest time the closest store to me was 3 hours away. Would make the travel for launches and what not, they just recently opened one within an hour from me. So this launch I'm super excited for! :)

realdealio

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
That sounds about right. On launch day for the 4 there weren't any crazy lines at verizon or apple stores, so it would be weird to assume a boom would happen for the next one. Let's hope this is the case for those of us on verizon trying to get one!

anon(4144202)

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
They're probably not doing vacation blackouts because the people that got their iPhone 4 are probably still under contract. So the big dogs at Verizon are probably thinking not a lot of people are going to be in line to get one. Not to mention some of their new android phones that came out since their iPhone 4 release.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Verizon loves their bloatware and name on every piece of hardware they sell. I for one am glad that Apple doesn't allow bloatware or carrier branding. I am likely to order from Verizon online, I feel I would have a better shot getting one that way on launch day than ordering from Apple online.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73